Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    afaik loot 2.0 was released with the console version.

It was not loot 2.0, it was more of a loot 1.5 as they said themselves. the team that was designing console version borrowed a lot from 2.0 system that was for PC.
    In fairness console loot system works good, but I am not sure if it is a bit too easy. On my first hell run I got that one handed hammer with amazing roll for stats, which made me having almost perfect weapon for the rest of the game.

In any way, console loot system is still better then what we got onPC right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Reinstalled it yesterday after over a year of ignoring it. Actually had fun! Hated it when it was released for being predictable when replaying.

I have a wired 360 controller, any way to use it to play on the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Going to reinstall today. Been long enough that even if it's just for another play-through, should still be fun.

Dermighty wrote: »
    Reinstalled it yesterday after over a year of ignoring it. Actually had fun! Hated it when it was released for being predictable when replaying.

I have a wired 360 controller, any way to use it to play on the pc?
    Nope, this was confirmed by Blizzard controller is exclusive to the console versions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Re-installing :D

Gonna play it "casually" in the run up to RoS. Start a class i haven't played yet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The AH is still there, right? I know they are removing it, and it's probably useless with the loot changes, just wondering.

Kiith wrote: »
    The AH is still there, right? I know they are removing it, and it's probably useless with the loot changes, just wondering.

Till the 18th...

Just managed to update it and give a very very fast go.

Is it me or it is a MASSIVE performance boost. My PC is not really bad, but it had some weird performance dips in it. Now it is all maxed out with Vsync on and it is just smooth sailing.

I got good few characters now and I feel like I would love to start everything from a scratch again. It looks like it would be a lot more fun.

A lot of changes in titlescreen and before you get in to the actual game. A bit confusing at the start, but then it makes sense.

I am 99% sure I might get it on PS4 first. Just for a fresh wipe experience. I will give my PC a go again later, as I got a bit overwhelmed by everything! :eek:

I'm also tempted to delete my level 60 WD and clear my stash of items but im just gonna let him sit it out of a while. Enjoying play this level 14 Wizard. Got my first legendary of Skel King.

Also there is a performance boost. I could run the game maxed out at 60FPS but there was some minor stutter (not FPS drops) Now it runs so smooth with zero stutter.

I'm also tempted to delete my level 60 WD and clear my stash of items but im just gonna let him sit it out of a while. Enjoying play this level 14 Wizard. Got my first legendary of Skel King.

Also there is a performance boost. I could run the game maxed out at 60FPS but there was some minor stutter (not FPS drops) Now it runs so smooth with zero stutter.

Aye, that what was I getting. At times it would just go to Cluster**** mode. I remmeber every time you just load in to a game ( in game now, not menu ) it would just slow down to crawl and I would need to wait out for that spike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have completely forgotten everything about this game! Have a level 35 Wizard, is that worth sticking with or should I just start again?

I have completely forgotten everything about this game! Have a level 35 Wizard, is that worth sticking with or should I just start again?

If its 35, I would just start fresh m8. Should be a lot more enjoyable. I even consider starting fresh with 3x60 and 130mil gold lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Battle.net won't even load for me

Oh yeah, that new launcher too... I sort of like it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Downloaded again & got to play a couple mins, just new menus etc & looking at my char changes. Seems to be lots, will need to give it a huge go tomorrow. Would love to get back into it again :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The game is infinitely more enjoyable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I got this today and have been flying through, taking my time killing everything that moves and searching each area as much as i can. But this butcher boss is a right handful.

[edit]Got him, seems i never thought of buying more than 2 potions (facepalm)

Guys that have played a good bit, do you think it's better to start a new character?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pre-ordered it anyway. 28 euro. Decent price.

Feck paying 40 quid direct to blizzard for an expansion pack. Taking the piss.. Not having any of that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Been so long since I played this that I forgot my password , filled out two lost password requests hours ago and still no email from them, just let me play your game without having to jump through hoops.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Pre-ordered it anyway. 28 euro. Decent price.

Feck paying 40 quid direct to blizzard for an expansion pack. Taking the piss.. Not having any of that. :p

Where did you get that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fast2Play.com. I hadn't used them before but they were the cheapest so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Why ya all restarting leveling? what big changes have been made? i havent looked at this game in awhile, im intrigued... damn you guyz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think i might download the demo and see if my laptop will run it now after the reported increase in performance. Or else I'll wait for the ps4 release, would love a date on that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's been well over a year since I played it.

I have no money so I won't be getting RoS but I might give the old regular D3 a go again.

Think I only got two characters over lvl 40 so I might restart one of the others.

Is it me or new Tristram got its old Music back!!!! that alone was worth waiting! :pac:

Just taking it easy and leveling a new class i haven't played before, kinda fresh and fun. I don't think there is much point in the end game grind at the moment cause apparently level 60 epics will be severely outclassed by lvl65-70 epics.

Just finished Act 1 on hard there and i found 5 Epics all with stats my Wizard needs, and all upgrades.

Just played a few hours with my high geared lvl60 Wizard. Started from the start again & have been having great fun. :) Even found some items that I used :) More tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played for 3 hours straight lastnight,leveling my wizard, normally never miss champions league on the box but i was having so much fun.
    Quite literally D3 has become awesome overnight :) its what i hoped i was buying at release, i will definitely be getting ROS now, cant wait for adventure mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Dcully wrote: »
    Played for 3 hours straight lastnight,leveling my wizard, normally never miss champions league on the box but i was having so much fun.
    Quite literally D3 has become awesome overnight :) its what i hoped i was buying at release, i will definitely be getting ROS now, cant wait for adventure mode.
    Marketing campaign 1 Dcully 0

:pac:

Advertisement