Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

Dcully wrote: »
    Played for 3 hours straight lastnight,leveling my wizard, normally never miss champions league on the box but i was having so much fun.
    Quite literally D3 has become awesome overnight :) its what i hoped i was buying at release, i will definitely be getting ROS now, cant wait for adventure mode.
    Is there a new campaign in the expansion?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

A new Act & a new adventure mode thing. Not sure what that is yet though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You have to give Blizzard credit. They really seem to have fixed almost all of the main issues, and are adding a ton of content with RoS. Definitely can't wait to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

From what people have played of 2.0 is this the diablo people were hoping for when it was released?

Looking like it so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Adventure Mode

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11516518/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-first-look-adventure-mode-11-8-2013

A lot of the usual D3 streamers have been streaming ROS for weeks now,adventure mode looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Is reaper of Souls coming on consoles? I dont want to buy the game again... I will, but I dont wanna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    From what people have played of 2.0 is this the diablo people were hoping for when it was released?

It is now the game it should have been on release. Tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dermighty wrote: »
    It is now the game it should have been on release. Tossers.

For an extra 40 quid, of course.

I'm considering getting it - in fairness I have gotten a lot of hours for the initial cost so I don't necessarily feel THAT bad about paying €30 for the expansion assuming I can get it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does anyone know if there will be any sort of upgrade programme for the PS4 version, I still have the reciept for my PS3 copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Xenji wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be any sort of upgrade programme for the PS4 version, I still have the reciept for my PS3 copy.

Im not sure about an upgrade but i think your characters transfer over

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Kiith wrote: »
    You have to give Blizzard credit. They really seem to have fixed almost all of the main issues, and are adding a ton of content with RoS. Definitely can't wait to get back into it.

getting rid of Jay Wilson was a great start! :D

enjoying it much more now than i ever did when the ah was the predominant way of gearing up

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Having a ton of fun with it right now. I played through it one normal and halfway through on hard at launch before getting massively bored with it. Honestly feels like a different game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just about to finish up Act 2 and my Wizard is level 37 and i have set the game to Expert :eek: I think a single run of the storyline and you will hit level 60 or there abouts. Game feels...easy with the majority of items i pick up being upgrades. Can't speak for the end game though, and dont plan to touch it till RoS

For the craic I helped a mate get a level 2 barb to 60 a good 10 mins before the skeleton king on Act Torment 3 :P Crazy leveling speed, I think it's being fixed though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yep you can get 1 - 60 in 10 minutes if you have a character that can handle torment 6.

Boosted 3 friends to 60 on all classes earlier. Will be fixed soon I'm guessing!

Edit: For anyone who wants to know how to do it. Get a 60 friend to start a new game on Torment 6 from the begining. Join with your level one and get him to clear the mobs into New Tristram. Hand in the first quest to Leah then exit game and make a new one. 0 - 60 in 10 to 15 mins. It's faster with more people in the party!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If anyone fancies helping me jump a few levels in such a manner ... davsheep#2885 is the nick.

Any volunteers to help boost a char or two for me? :) Cully#2309

So the update ending up adding an epic glitch :/ Wheres the joy in leveling up that fast

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So the update ending up adding an epic glitch :/ Wheres the joy in leveling up that fast

Since i have played through the acts so many times while leveling two toons to 60,it would be nice to have all classes at 60 and ready for ROS adventure mode instead of having to lvl them up from scratch.
    I think i can stomach one more to 60 the conventional way maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

boooo down with exploiting!!

I have most at 60 anyway, just need a WD to cap

I'm loving frozen orbing on my wizard, just like oooold times :)

I havent a clue what torment level to be farming, i cleared act1 T1 for a test run and it was pretty easy, butcher takes ages to kill now though ha

But i found like 3 legendaries in one session, pretty good, not the best of legendaries but alot better than they used to be :D

nix wrote: »
    boooo down with exploiting!!

I have most at 60 anyway, just need a WD to cap

I'm loving frozen orbing on my wizard, just like oooold times :)

I havent a clue what torment level to be farming, i cleared act1 T1 for a test run and it was pretty easy, butcher takes ages to kill now though ha

But i found like 3 legendaries in one session, pretty good, not the best of legendaries but alot better than they used to be :D

Just got my wiz to 60 yesterday so still a wiz noob, whats frozen orbing ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

I gave up on the game a few months ago, got too boring. Made a killing selling my gear on the rmah though so that was something. I might buy the dlc sometime later in the year but I couldn't play it again for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's not exploiting, the devs addressed it and said they want power levelling a part of the game now leading up to RoS. Probably not quite on this scale but who knows. People won't be getting in trouble for it anyway that's for sure! It always had a place in D2.

If I'm not heading out tonight I'll do some runs for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's not exploiting, the devs addressed it and said they want power levelling a part of the game now leading up to RoS. Probably not quite on this scale but who knows. People won't be getting in trouble for it anyway that's for sure! It always had a place in D2.

In D2 you didn't get the same amount of experience from parts of the story that were too far ahead.
    I suspect each level had a cap on how much experience it could get from one monster, so killing Diablo with a level 3 character wouldn't make you jump 15 levels.

Big Knox wrote: »

hah im jk!

kinda, it was kinda necessary in D2 as you werent able to reset talents/stats etc

In D3 you can reset everything so its kind of pointless

@Dcully, Frozen orb is a spell, its in the arcane orb section, it was the strongest/most effective sorceress spell in D2 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

nix wrote: »
    hah im jk!

kinda, it was kinda necessary in D2 as you werent able to reset talents/stats etc

In D3 you can reset everything so its kind of pointless

@Dcully, Frozen orb is a spell, its in the arcane orb section, it was the strongest/most effective sorceress spell in D2 imo
    STATIC FIELD would like a word >:X

Taylor365 wrote: »
    STATIC FIELD would like a word >:X

haha static field was OP alright

still need the orb to finish the job though :P

Yeah ran with it there for a while, pretty nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

so how does one boost?

Advertisement