Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Seems the way I was talking about has been patched but it's still very fast to get 60 with a friend who can run T5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Im a little lost still and a tad naive as i haven't played in yonks.

could yous please break it down in Lehmans?

thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Downloaded patch last night and could remember what difficulty I was playing on before. Logged onto barb and got murdered.

Need a new skorn build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I'm not connected to the internet on my xbox. Is this patch out for xbox version and is it worth it? How big is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

keelanj69 wrote: »
    I'm not connected to the internet on my xbox. Is this patch out for xbox version and is it worth it? How big is it?

It is a PC only patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well that was fun! :P Hadnt played in nearly a year so it was a learning process all over again. Regearing too. I need better stuff though if I'm going to survive there torment levels. I've found 1 and 2 doable....but the elites on torment 3 just kill me so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I played Expert two days ago, got geared up, now playing torment 1 and the loot is beyond ****e.

Torment 1 act III loot is worse than expert act 1 loot for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Acts don't make a difference to loot drops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bit of a sneaky way to get paragon levels up and it's most likely gonna be hotfixed, but in the meantime

The quest to kill Mira Eamon - select that, set to Torment 6 - kill her, get 9million xp - and repeat. Seems to be pretty awesome for boosting too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have the collectors on order.

• Advertisement

bit of a sneaky way to get paragon levels up and it's most likely gonna be hotfixed, but in the meantime

The quest to kill Mira Eamon - select that, set to Torment 6 - kill her, get 9million xp - and repeat. Seems to be pretty awesome for boosting too.

thx for the tip.

Played a load of hours this evening. Got into a party with 3 other wizards on torment, started from the start of act 1 & blitzed the ****e out of it. Love playing as my wizard now with frost orb :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Played a load of hours this evening. Got into a party with 3 other wizards on torment, started from the start of act 1 & blitzed the ****e out of it. Love playing as my wizard now with frost orb :)

Yeah i leveled up my wizard since the patch and its my favourite class now,my barb is left idle ever since.
    Curently leveling DH and Monk but still think the wizard will be my main.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah i leveled up my wizard since the patch and its my favourite class now,my barb is left idle ever since.
    Curently leveling DH and Monk but still think the wizard will be my main.

There still ropey bugs to boost characters in a few minutes?

I see a double XP boost en route aswell :)

Up to 114,000 dps on my wizard, doing Torment II with a friend (Barbarian).

I bought the expansion and I'm looking forward to adventure mode.

TheDoc wrote: »
    There still ropey bugs to boost characters in a few minutes?

I see a double XP boost en route aswell :)

Not sure but can't convince anyone to oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Since it's been a year I decided to start from scratch with a Mage.

I never took to the demon hunter or the witch doctor and I had a lvl 60 and 45 Barbarian and Monk so it was the obvious choice.

Should I just play through the game as normal for the first run through?

Is each subsequent difficulty level equivalent to what they were?
    Did they simplify the crafting system? I seem to be getting the same crafting items in easy mode that I already had leftover in my chest, presumably from higher difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hit 60 on my Wizard last night. As fun as it is to melt monsters its kinda annoying at how many useless/outclassed runes there are. Its not about personal preference, its just about which runes are simply the best. Messed around with some builds and at the moment a Fire/Meteor Storm build and a Frozen Orb build are the best. Tried something based around a lightning build but i couldn't reach the raw damage and utility of a Frozen Orb build.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dermighty wrote: »
    Up to 114,000 dps on my wizard, doing Torment II with a friend (Barbarian).

I bought the expansion and I'm looking forward to adventure mode.

did the same myself, that 50% xp boost is great for levelling paragon atm too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I have to admit they've definitely taken steps in the right direction. I wasn't going to bother with RoS but they've changed my mind and made the game fun and rewarding to play. The removal of the AH and adventure mode should be a great way to top it off also.

Decided to play my DH after playing nothing but Monk on launch and its fun doing 400k DPS but I'm already missing being in the mix and face tanking everything. I'll be maining a crusader in RoS so going to gear my Barb and start legend farming so I've a gear set ready to go for him when it releases.

• Advertisement

Hit 60 on my Wizard last night. As fun as it is to melt monsters its kinda annoying at how many useless/outclassed runes there are. Its not about personal preference, its just about which runes are simply the best. Messed around with some builds and at the moment a Fire/Meteor Storm build and a Frozen Orb build are the best. Tried something based around a lightning build but i couldn't reach the raw damage and utility of a Frozen Orb build.

I use a lightning build and it's ridiculous with a capital r.

Link these builds pls chaps :)

Heres one im using

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcSjTQ!YXg!YcZaZZ

25reezt.png

This build melts. It's amazing. I have crap gear and I can clear Torment V with it. I'll explain it and why I use it.

You want to spam Frozen Orb as much as possible. When you run out of mana, you spam Surge of power for a few seconds and then go back to Frozen Orb.

But the crux of the build is an electric build. Great synergy. You take paralysis passive and basically stun lock the enemy. Surge of power is electric, and it goes through enemies meaning it hits groups multiple times.....stunning them all.

You take Familiar Icicle because it attacks when you do.....and surge of power hits fast so the icicle spams like a mofo. Its great dps and it stuns enemies it hits. More stunlock.

You take the passive Prodigy because it gives you back mana incredibly quickly when you spam Surge of power. You use this mana to continue to spam Frozen orb which is amazing area of effect. Frozen Orb does great damage. I have a feeling this is getting a nerf in a few months but until then, I'm going to abuse it.

I take the electric hydra because I have the wand that allows me to drop 2 at a time. 2 electric hydras do good damage but they are electric....so they stunlock too. If you don't have the wand, swap this out with something with utility like Teleport or perhaps slow time.

Force Weapon and Prismatic Armor speak for themselves. You hit harder and live longer.

The last passive is a choice between Galvanising ward and Dominance. They both give shields so its personal preference. Dominance is better for farming trash but Galvanising ward is better versus elite packs and bosses. If you are geared to high heaven and have 1 million toughness, you may as well swap it out for Glass cannon for more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Had a gander at my Barbarian there.

Tried master difficulty. I had no frame of reference but, while I could tank damage reasonably well, my damage was utterly pitiful.
    Within about 5 minutes of drops and crafting I'd upped my damage from 7000 to 14000 and my health from 40k to 80k.

Still had to drop the difficulty down to expert and even so my damage is tiny.
    I came upon a rare monster and a group of champions and it took about 15 minutes of attrition to wear them all down.

Is there a guide to what sort of stats you need for what levels?

Insane lag tonight.

Dermighty#2365 if anyone fancies a game (Torment)

For anyone wondering whats changed and doesnt like reading patch notes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's weird that this is probably the game i'm most looking forward to once i get my pc setup. I enjoyed it originally, but the changes sound fantastic.

I thought id take advantage of the new clan and community features so i made a Boards Community ,perfect place for to find people to game with.

Search for "Boards DiabloIII" couldnt call it boards.ie or even Boards Diablo as its character restricted.
    Ive left it open to public for now.

• Advertisement

Nice one Cully! I'll join that now, ktulu#2750 is my id

Advertisement