Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Nice one Cully! I'll join that now, ktulu#2750 is my id

I would like to get back into this also, I will source my ID later as I have just downloaded the patch.
    Good idea Cully.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just watched that video, really makes you wonder just how they got it so wrong the first time around. It's literally a different and much, much better game than it was at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just watched that video, really makes you wonder just how they got it so wrong the first time around. It's literally a different and much, much better game than it was at launch.
    What really irked me is the way they spun everything to be 'for the player'.

I would have been a 'buy anything Diablo now' fan (hence why i bought the collectors first time around).

I'll wait for a cheap sale for ROS......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Taylor365 wrote: »
    What really irked me is the way they spun everything to be 'for the player'.

I would have been a 'buy anything Diablo now' fan (hence why i bought the collectors first time around).

I'll wait for a cheap sale for ROS......

ye might be waiting for a while, do you mean 'for the player' with this patch or vanilla?

I preordered it for it's initial launch too and even with the crappy ah i got my bang for buck out of it and then some. Also preordered RoS after a few days playing the PTR with this patch. Far more interesting game than it ever was imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

G2Play have the expansion for 29.99, that's fairly cheap by blizzard standards and I'd estimate seeing it at 19.99 would be 12 months away.

• Advertisement

I'll get enough out of D3 if this patch is as good as everyone makes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I haven't played Diablo 3, but when I watch videos of it it kinda looks like a linear World of Warcraft or something. Diablo 2 was so much more dark and bloody, not magic puffs of coloured smoke everywhere. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I haven't played Diablo 3, but when I watch videos of it it kinda looks like a linear World of Warcraft or something. Diablo 2 was so much more dark and bloody, not magic puffs of coloured smoke everywhere. Am I wrong?

Yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Have they announced the PS4 release date ? Or is it just the same as the PC ?

Thinking of getting a PS4 in the next month or so, and thinking of not getting it on PC since I'd probably only play it during the week if I could sit back and relax... Why they no support gamepads on pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mind if I throw my name in to the community? Have a 60 (20) Barb but have decided to lvl a wizard and Monk before RoS. DV8R#2782

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Magill wrote: »
    Why they no support gamepads on pc ?

Yep, pretty annoying that they don't seem bothered implementing gamepad support on PC.

at this time we don't have any plans for supporting analog controller hookup for the PC version of Diablo III. Similarly, since the console version of Diablo III was designed from the ground up with a controller in mind, the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 version of Diablo III do not support USB mice or keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dcully wrote: »
    Search for "Boards DiabloIII" couldnt call it boards.ie or even Boards Diablo as its character restricted.
    Ive left it open to public for now.

I assume it's not open to public anymore, can't find it. Would like to join, if possible.

davsheep#2885

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still open to public.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I assume it's not open to public anymore, can't find it. Would like to join, if possible.

davsheep#2885

The default is to search for clans not communities, the search for communities button is tucked away at the bottom. I missed it initially when I was looking for this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah took me a while to notice that too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm not find this community, im searching for boards and Boards DiabloIII and no results found, what am i missing? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    I'm not find this community, im searching for boards and Boards DiabloIII and no results found, what am i missing? :(

Make sure your searching for communities and not clans. I made the same mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

nah i was doing everything right i just didn't have the language part set on English (British) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

nesf wrote: »
    The default is to search for clans not communities, the search for communities button is tucked away at the bottom. I missed it initially when I was looking for this.

That would be it. Ta.

Joined the 'community' last night (Legend#somethingorother).

Man, they a really pushing ROS.

Loading game, ROS.
    Update, buy ROS god damn it.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Joined the 'community' last night (Legend#somethingorother).

Man, they a really pushing ROS.

Loading game, ROS.
    Update, buy ROS god damn it.

:pac:

It's what they do in wow. Patch before next expansion changes lots and shows features unavailable unless you get expansion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So newbie question time as I only got back into Diablo 3 a few days ago again due to the 50% exp; I finished the campaign on normal as a Wizard ending up at 44 or 46. I soloed every boss by standing shooting arcane missiles in their face basically and facerolled my way through the game (only died twice, both times due to being afk when the mobs found me).

I did a brief test and if I bump it up two levels of difficulty (i.e. +100% exp and gold) I can only three shot trash in act 1 so I guess that's the right power level to go for. Where/how should I push for 60 though? Do I re-run it from start or should I start only redoing the act boss quests or?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Joined community group the other day - woz#(something)

very much a newbie however..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm sure a few of us that are highly geared etc can take a few guys up some levels & hopefully get you some gear. Just join the community & ask myself or the other high rank guys for a hand. We should try build a few nice teams together to go looting etc

Feel free to use our teamspeak too, I am on there most nights at some stage. Address: gaellords.com

Edit: Have added plenty of people from the community group

just joined there, 'sprucelee'

playing hc with a mate atm, but should be up for a few t1/2/3 runs later on my dh. managed to get it's dps up to just under 200k this morning with a stonker of an amulet and the kridershot :D

dat bow! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nody wrote: »
    So newbie question time as I only got back into Diablo 3 a few days ago again due to the 50% exp; I finished the campaign on normal as a Wizard ending up at 44 or 46. I soloed every boss by standing shooting arcane missiles in their face basically and facerolled my way through the game (only died twice, both times due to being afk when the mobs found me).

I did a brief test and if I bump it up two levels of difficulty (i.e. +100% exp and gold) I can only three shot trash in act 1 so I guess that's the right power level to go for. Where/how should I push for 60 though? Do I re-run it from start or should I start only redoing the act boss quests or?

Rerun any area of any act with any quest and at difficulty the choice is yours :)

You dont need to replay the whole thing again unless you reset everything.
    If your new to the game id suggest playng your way to lvl 60 and experimenting with the skills and runes as you progress,otherwise get a lvl 60 mate to boost you.
    I ran a friend through act 3 lastnight in about an hour , he was lvl 41 and he set the game to act 3 difficulty to torment 4,when we finished up i think he was lvl 53.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

All dem Wizard in the boards community :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Joined up last night, would defo be interested in some runs. Started to level my wizard, I think he will become my new main. Have a Barb at 60, handling T1 fine at the moment, though only on Act 1.

Dcully wrote: »
    Rerun any area of any act with any quest and at difficulty the choice is yours :)

You dont need to replay the whole thing again unless you reset everything.
    If your new to the game id suggest playng your way to lvl 60 and experimenting with the skills and runes as you progress,otherwise get a lvl 60 mate to boost you.
    I ran a friend through act 3 lastnight in about an hour , he was lvl 41 and he set the game to act 3 difficulty to torment 4,when we finished up i think he was lvl 53.

You dont need to, no.. but it's worthwhile doing it after 60 for the guaranteed legendary off the skeleton king.

Pre-60 i think every boss that's killed for the first time drops a legendary, does that apply to resetting everything or can you just go and farm the ****e out of say the butcher or something without resetting everything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ive only played about 2-3 hours since the patch downloaded, and have gotten 2x legendary rings (random drops). Played an awful lot more on release, and never saw one

Advertisement