Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Think i had 70 hours from 2012 - zero legendaries/sets/anything higher than rare.

Going to give my hardcore wizard/witch a go later tonight see how i get on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can you increase the difficulty on a new character straight away? Or do you have to clear it first? I plan on starting a new character, but i'd like it to be more difficult than it was on my original run through.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

you can increase to master straight off i think, then torment when you've cleared the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Any one got a build for lowly geared wizards ? Have about 40 mil to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is this the cheapest I'll get the base game for €27.99 or does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is this the cheapest I'll get the base game for €27.99 or does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

http://www.fast2play.com/category/47/diablo-3-global-battlenet-pc-mac/

€24.40

Thanks for that link. Do people think the expansion is going to be worth it or are some of ye guys going to wait for a price drop?

Thanks for that link. Do people think the expansion is going to be worth it or are some of ye guys going to wait for a price drop?

I got the expansion off the same site for 28 quid. Compared to 40 on the Blizzard store, that's pretty damn good.

After getting the game on Launch, and after seeing how the recent patch has improved things, the new expansion, for me, was a sure buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I got so good at dodging when this first released, when i played my glass hammer DH who literally died in 1-2 hits on inferno, so i have got really good at kiting/dodging.

So i use an all out dps frozen orb build

like so: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcYjSO!XYc!YcYaZZ

im at around 220k dps now and the damage is sick, i may swap out the frost nova for a teleport though, wallers/jailers can be troublesome, i basically run around aggroing as many mobs as possible, circlng around them (like gathering cattle) and then run straight into them and frost nova, this freeze most while blocking off the others as all mobs in front of them are frozen and then i just unload orbs on them till im empty and then static and loot

Id say it works amazingly for low level too, pending on spell availability :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

just loaded up diablo3 there for first time in a very long time

where are my previous characters, they seem to have disappeared? that normal with the new patch?

• Advertisement

Sorry now to have another question but how long is the double xp on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sorry now to have another question but how long is the double xp on for?

March 24th, and it's 50% extra not double

Jonny7 wrote: »
    just loaded up diablo3 there for first time in a very long time

where are my previous characters, they seem to have disappeared? that normal with the new patch?

Wouldn't think so. I don't know how long Blizzard keep that sort of info on their servers before cleaning out accounts, but I would assume it's a little longer than D3 has been out. Drop them an email, see what the response is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My previous character was still there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Nevermind, I'm a moron, had it on another account, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I appear to have solved the damage problem I was having.

YaxEPef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Decided with RoS coming up that I'm going to main a crusader so I said I would swap to a barb and do some STR legendary farming until release.

Hit paragon 100 last night and I haven't had a single decent strength legendary drop that I can use yet and everyone I play with are getting insane upgrades on a daily basis. Very annoying!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Decided with RoS coming up that I'm going to main a crusader so I said I would swap to a barb and do some STR legendary farming until release.

Hit paragon 100 last night and I haven't had a single decent strength legendary drop that I can use yet and everyone I play with are getting insane upgrades on a daily basis. Very annoying!

Likewise,all i get on my wizard are silly 2 hander axes and swords with stats nothign to do with a wizard, so much for smart loot.
    I havent had an upgrade since patch day 1.
    Its not as if my gear is awesome, its crap, still running round in yellows and a few legendaries, 2 of which i bought on the AH cheap as there was literally thousands of each for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    Likewise,all i get on my wizard are silly 2 hander axes and swords with stats nothign to do with a wizard, so much for smart loot.
    I havent had an upgrade since patch day 1.
    Its not as if my gear is awesome, its crap, still running round in yellows and a few legendaries, 2 of which i bought on the AH cheap as there was literally thousands of each for sale.

The annoying thing is I mained a Monk prepatch so decided to try something new with 2.0 and swapped onto my DH and I had a lot of success with drops. Got him up to 380k DPS between AH gear, crafts and new legendaries before swapping to the barb and since then I've had insanely back luck. Going from paragon 70 - 100 and not getting a single drop I can use for the crusader or even an upgrade for the barb.

The worst part is I gave all the DH gear that's not account bound to a friend who is getting into the game for RoS and is playing a DH so I can't even give up and swap back for faster paragon farming!! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got another 2 swords since i posted tonight and they are more suited to a barb than wizard, wtf is going on with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fortune continues to favour me it would appear.

q8vlqb2.jpg
    2 Legendaries and I haven't even got to Leoric yet.

Have they patched him dropping a legendary yet?

3 in the first 1/3 of act 1 would be pretty nice stuff.

After the axe I decided to move up to master and now with the gloves I seem to be butchering everything there as well.
    Time for torment.

40k damage and 100k health. We'll see how it goes.
    I've found a really sweet combo that causes Whirlwind to generate Rage and the passive that gives life for every point of rage spent so as long as I'm whirlwinding anything over 3 monsters I seem more or less invincible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Unlucky Cully & Big Knox, it really is just the luck of the draw. Since the new patch i've managed to get a load of nice gear & upgrades. Cully, myself & maddog went on & killed the skeleton king & he dropped an unreal tal's necklace for me & an unreal 1-hander for my mate. :D

Now doing 272k dps with 100k + health with the wizard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is the boards community closed? I tried to find it but couldn't. I was searching communities and not clans, any help?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn, looks like ps4 Version of Diablo 4 is coming later... Bollox to that so. will have to get PC version first after all.

*looks at increasing layer of dust on ps4

So guys, where are you preordering your Copy?

I found here for 22£ and I used them before:

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/battlenet/diablo-iii-3-reaper-of-souls-expansion-pack?ref=simplycdkeys_home_product_panel

I found here for 29.99eu, but I never used this crowd.

https://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/Diablo-3:-Reaper-of-Souls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Simply CD Keys have been quite good in the past, may just go with them again

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Simply CD Keys have been quite good in the past, may just go with them again

**** it, just placed an order 22£ is a damn good price!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

so uhh is this new patch on the ps3 too? i know the 50%xp isnt.

edit: seems its not

sea_monkey wrote: »
    so uhh is this new patch on the ps3 too? i know the 50%xp isnt.

edit: seems its not

Nope, looks like it is left behind. Heres me buying Diablo 3 third time when it comes to PS4... Ps3 version was way too fun.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Nope, looks like it is left behind. Heres me buying Diablo 3 third time when it comes to PS4... Ps3 version was way too fun.

yeah i really enjoyed the ps3 version, stopped playing games altogether recently but got a little excited about this!

Advertisement