Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Inquitus wrote: »
    4pm I heard
    Thanks. I was just going off the 12:00 CET on the launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Inquitus wrote: »
    4pm I heard

extended maintenance til 4pm cet according to the site

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

extended maintenance til 4pm cet according to the site

Isn't that CET which is an hour ahead of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

yup. it "should" be back on about 3pm our time.

extended again till 5pm GMT

• Advertisement

extended again till 5pm GMT

FFS I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

:( annoying aint it :(

weekly maintenance is usually done by 10am on Wednesday, but sadly with so many changes lately it often gets extended.

It's for the upcoming expansion which is understandable to be fair.

servers be up :)

Played for around 45 mins, awesome game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to say, it is very refreshing to see people enjoying D3 and not just usual "POE is better game" bull****. :pac:

I am playing it a bit too, but I am holding myself back as I dont want to get burned out before Expansion hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I still think POE is a better ARPG ;)

Tbh tho... I think i've just played the game to death at this stage, all the new systems are great but i've already sunk about 300hours into the same 3 acts so it doesn't really feel that fresh with the changes.

Still.. looking forward to RoS all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have to say, it is very refreshing to see people enjoying D3 and not just usual "POE is better game" bull****. :pac:

I am playing it a bit too, but I am holding myself back as I dont want to get burned out before Expansion hits!

Burnout was a big thing pre Loot 2.0, but with the changes that has brought, burnout is much less if an issue, personally speaking anyway. Currently getting my Wizard up to 60 and looking forward to leveling a Crusader.

Magill wrote: »
    I still think POE is a better ARPG ;)

Tbh tho... I think i've just played the game to death at this stage, all the new systems are great but i've already sunk about 300hours into the same 3 acts so it doesn't really feel that fresh with the changes.

Still.. looking forward to RoS all the same.

So you've never done act 4? ;) Man your missing out. :)

haha, whoops... its so short i just consider it an extension of act 3 !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

POE was a better game, at the end of the day an ARPG is about loot, everyone and their dog knew the loot system was a joke in D3 as blizz wanted the AH to be a main attraction.
    Nobody disputed the combat, the animations,the gameplay of D3 but the loot was a fcuking joke thus making the game fundamentally flawed.
    Loot 2.0 has dramatically changed things and put a Diablo game where it always should be ,top of the ARPG pile.

POE and Torchlight 2 are still fantastic,rememeber some of the original D2 team worked on T2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

D3 wouldn't have been on my wanted list on release and was glad I stayed away reading all the negative comments on here about it at the time. The first Torchlight kept me happy enough. But playing D3 in it's current form is great fun, a much more polished game than TL2 and PoE (imo). Probably helps that the levelling is nice and fast too. Love all the graphical touches too. Hoping to hit 60 before RoS arrives, at 37 atm.

Actually a question about the difficulty level - can you change it up and down whenever you want? I've been playing it on Normal to get used to it but the Witch Doctor is flying through the quests, barely had to use a health potion at all.

You can put it down while ingame, not up.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    D3 wouldn't have been on my wanted list on release and was glad I stayed away reading all the negative comments on here about it at the time. The first Torchlight kept me happy enough. But playing D3 in it's current form is great fun, a much more polished game than TL2 and PoE (imo). Probably helps that the levelling is nice and fast too. Love all the graphical touches too. Hoping to hit 60 before RoS arrives, at 37 atm.

Actually a question about the difficulty level - can you change it up and down whenever you want? I've been playing it on Normal to get used to it but the Witch Doctor is flying through the quests, barely had to use a health potion at all.

Yeah you can increase difficulty whenever you want, but you have to exit to main menu screen first. You can't go to any Torment level until you've finished the game once. You can decrease the difficulty in game when you pres ESC key.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers folks. I'll give it a blast on Hard and see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Anyone else have a terrible latency? 800+ msec mine is showing.

yeah it's awful tonight, i stopped playing hardcore because i was rubber banding everywhere :D

Haven't noticed anything here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Worked perfect for me all this evening.

Killed Diablo on Master as 51 Monk. I wonder if I do torment 1 run to finish leveling up to 60 or do one more run of Master.

Whats the story with that legendary drop from big bosses? Do I need to start quest from a scratch or do I need to start Act from a scratch to avail of it?

Worked perfect for me all this evening.

Killed Diablo on Master as 51 Monk. I wonder if I do torment 1 run to finish leveling up to 60 or do one more run of Master.

Whats the story with that legendary drop from big bosses? Do I need to start quest from a scratch or do I need to start Act from a scratch to avail of it?

You need to reset your quests, which will provide you the first kill legendary drop guarantee.

guaranteed legendary is on all bosses is only pre 60. once u hit 60, it's diablo only.

for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

So I downloaded this game again after literally not playing for probably 2 years. Unsurprisingly, everything has changed. I've probably come back a bit too late with RoS out next week but I've always wanted to get into D3 but never really found it kept my attention for long enough!

Don't really know what to make of the changes. I'm pretty sure my only 60 character (a monk) has been deleted because when I logged in last night I could only access my Barb (30). I actually prefer my Barb so not too upset but would rather have a monk too.

The user interface has changed a lot. Hopefully my monk hasn't been deleted and I'm just not used to the interface yet but it certainly does take a bit of getting used to! Probably a change for the better though, to be fair.

I'd say I played for about 30 mins and I had 3 legendaries drop (level 30, paragon 4). That was really cool and 2 of them were immediately equipped! Lots of yellow (rare?) items dropped as well! I pretty much had a full new set of equipment within 30-40 mins. It seems like they are optimizing it all much better than before. Either that or I had a lot of luck... Could be something to do with the fact RoS is out soon and they want to get people optimized.

Seems like they've changed paragon levels to reflect into a "talent system". I really, really like this feature and it helps me optimize my gear for my play style! Really like it and look forward to actually getting to 60 and maxing out my paragon.

There's probably a **** load of other stuff I've missed but I only had a quick run there last night! I think it seems like these changes are for the better and will have a positive impact on the game as a whole. For the first time in years I can actually say I'm looking forward to going home and playing this later!

Yeah, they have made some MASSIVE changes. In relation to your loot drops, Say hello to Loot 2.0. I had a similar case of having a complete gear upgrade in under an hour when the new loot system was implemented.

Your Monk is still there. There should be an option to switch hero, bottom middle of screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can you only increase your Paragon level after you hit lvl60? (can't access most Diablo sites from work, so can't check it myself).

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Can you only increase your Paragon level after you hit lvl60? (can't access most Diablo sites from work, so can't check it myself).

Yes, Paragon only kicks in after you hit 60 with one char, and can only be increased by a level 60, though the benefits are account wide. It's basically another form of leveling your char once you hit cap, and apparantly, there is no cap for Paragon

Advertisement