Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Started off playing Act 5 at Torment 3 and backed down to Torment 1 fairly quickly! :) Even with my tank monk with a shield it sometimes feels like I have no armour or resist at times.

I seem to be getting every gem under the sun bar the ones I want (Emerald). Really enjoying it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Absolutely loving it so far. Was up most of the night playing it. Played through Act5 in Torment 1 with a mate, he left at a point & i continued on until the boss then lowered it to master as I couldn't kill him with 400k dps & about 5mil toughness. Loads of upgrades, even some blues that give more damage than old legendaries I had :P

The bounties & rifts seem fun, didn't have much time in adventure mode. Going to give it a bash now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just got my key and literally spent 5 minutes in Act V. The very first mob dropped a tasty looking 1h legendary sword for me, Wildwood or something. Unfortunately it's back to work and then the Pool game tonight, doesn't leave much time for D3 today. Happy the key arrived though. :)

Sweet! Ladders are coming to D3 in the first major content patch:
    Blizzard wrote:

Seasons And Ladder-Like System
    One of the features you guys have asked about a lot, that we have done a lot of research for, is something called ladders. I'm happy to say that as part of our first big content patch in a couple of months, we will be releasing Seasons, which will include a ladder-like aspect to them. We're still working on them, but the general gist is that you'll level up a new character, we'll have specific ladders for Seasons, and also some goodies that will drop along the way. There's more information of that to come, and we're not making an announcement of when, but that's coming in the first major content patch - not the first patch, but the first major content patch.

Seasons-Exclusive Legendaries
    There will be more legendary items in the future, both for rewards of Ladders, and also rewards from the Tiered Rifts. For the current ones, we probably are not going to revisit them. They all take time to do and I'd rather we were adding new legendary items, and the time is better spent on new legendary items than going back to refit old ones.

Tiered Rifts And Leaderboards
    There is another major feature in the patch 2.1, which is going to be what we're internally calling tiered Rifts. The idea is a challenge scenario, where players do increasingly hard Rifts, to see who can get the farthest. You do your bounties, you do a Nephalem Rift. If you clear it, there's a chance to get a Greater Rift Token. If you successfully do that, you'll get a Greater Rift Key (rank 2), then Rank 3, etc.. Much like seasons, we're going to have a leaderboard as well, so you can see who got to the highest tier Rift, and what time were they able to obtain on that.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47996-confirmed-season-and-ladder-like-system-in-first

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

grizzly wrote: »
    Does Reaper just add endgame content? Or does it add stuff for the early acts? I'm confused what improvements are applied anyway from the latest patches (not play since the original release).

It's not wow, there is no end game content.

It adds one more act, new class, new loot, new loot run systems and challenges. It's more of the same really.

Just to add, I can't believe how many people missunderstand diablo games. On PS4 you can see how rare trophies are. So on ps3 version a trophy for level 60 character is obtained only by 23% OF all players... That is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can I ask why people buying from various other sites over blizzard store? Case of being significantly cheaper?

I'd no intention of buying this after what I thought was the rubbish attempt at D3, but the removal of the AH, and the fact all my gang are back playing it and singing its praises, I'm somewhat tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

In case anyone is thinking of buying I've €25 of G2A vouchers which I'll pass on for €20. PM if interested.

Mods I hope this is OK here. Delete if not

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I pre-ordered from fast2play. Still no key, sent a ticket and they said they are issuing them on a first-buy-first served basis. All the while, their webisite is advertising instant delivery of RoS keys. Starting to get a bit worried about them, first(and last) time I have used them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from fast2play. Still no key, sent a ticket and they said they are issuing them on a first-buy-first served basis. All the while, their webisite is advertising instant delivery of RoS keys. Starting to get a bit worried about them, first(and last) time I have used them

I went through them and G2A for BF4. Had nothing but issues with both, ended up being about €120 out of pocket and waiting 30 days for refunds.

To be fair I've tried to avoid them entirely when buying games. I also tried another place that was nothing but hassle. The majority of people seem to have no hassle, but I've tried making five purchases between three companies and not one worked, so to be honest I prefer throwing the extra few quid on just making sure I get the product on time.

For the sake of €12 I think I'll order via Blizz store.

Well, I buy CD keys now only from 3 places. Simply CD keys, green man gaming and holds. So far I had no major issues and I got my my d3 key last evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Got to and killed Urzeal on Torment I, me and my mate as mages, took us an age to kill him due to lack of dps, not sure we will be able to continue with Act V at Torment I, just don't have enough dps at this point, only snagged a couple of upgrades soo far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

G2Play have never let me down, and i've gotten a ton of stuff from them. Granted, i only got the key 45 minutes before launch, but it still got it. They aren't as cheap as some others though.

Adventure mode is only available once you reach lvl70, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiith wrote: »
    G2Play have never let me down, and i've gotten a ton of stuff from them. Granted, i only got the key 45 minutes before launch, but it still got it. They aren't as cheap as some others though.

Adventure mode is only available once you reach lvl70, yeah?

Once you complete the story on any character

I'm assuming that's including Act 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm assuming that's including Act 5?

yep need to do act 5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Loving the Crusader,at last a proper shield using tank :)

Finding it painfully slow to level up without the xp buff and the fact im tired of the same old areas.
    WTB boost to 60 :P

I finally playing it. Love crusader. Looks like it is cd based character. Great!
    I love one of the passives you get: hold 2 hander weapons in one hand, by losing only 15% OF MOVEMEMT SPEED! That alone makes it already my favourite character! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I finally playing it. Love crusader. Looks like it is cd based character. Great!
    I love one of the passives you get: hold 2 hander weapons in one hand, by losing only 15% OF MOVEMEMT SPEED! That alone makes it already my favourite character! :)

Holy crap!

One of the legendaries I got last night looked pretty sub par - a 2 hander with not many interesting affixes.

Except it does 1500 dps and has a 15 level requirement reduction.

I'll be able to do torment at level 46.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Just got an email with my key. Still in work though....long 3 hours ahead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got to play a bit during lunch. Doing Act V with my witch doctor, the levelling doesn't seem too slow at the minute, up to lvl62 after 40 mins of play. Great having new areas to play too. :)
    Anyone wrote: »
    Just got an email with my key. Still in work though....long 3 hours ahead.

Glad it arrived!

• Advertisement

Is there a Boards.ie clan or chatroom where everyone online can chat in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

TheDoc wrote: »
    Can I ask why people buying from various other sites over blizzard store? Case of being significantly cheaper?

I'd no intention of buying this after what I thought was the rubbish attempt at D3, but the removal of the AH, and the fact all my gang are back playing it and singing its praises, I'm somewhat tempted.

I hated Diablo 3, I thought it was a disgrace.

Almost all the problems I had with Diablo 3 are now gone and it's gotten back to the point of diablo; being unable to see your cursor because there are too many bright colours and flying objects on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is there a Boards.ie clan or chatroom where everyone online can chat in?

If you join the boards.ie community you can chat using it

If you join the boards.ie community you can chat using it

I cant find it. How is it called again and where to find it m8?

On topic it self. I am level 17 Crusader and each level I get a new skill and each time I like it. It gets better and better. Okaying on Master, but I finally equiped level 15 socked mace with +100 damage gem, so I am a bit of a **** truck now. I will dial it up to Torment after I am back from shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I cant find it. How is it called again and where to find it m8?

On topic it self. I am level 17 Crusader and each level I get a new skill and each time I like it. It gets better and better. Okaying on Master, but I finally equiped level 15 socked mace with +100 damage gem, so I am a bit of a **** truck now. I will dial it up to Torment after I am back from shower.

On the community finder set language to English(British) and search for Boards, there should be only one result

http://prntscr.com/3400xy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Excellent news on ladders and seasons coming. Seems we are a proper pvp overhaul away from a game that deserves the Diablo name!

Looking forward to trying out rifts and adventure mode tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

and still no release date for the ps4 version........

Is it me, or you can change colour of legendaries now too?!

This is a rift map myself & royal just got. INSANE!! It's the jail from act 1

dCQCmAq.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What do people recommend, finishing Act V with my current level 60 or should I start a crusader and level him up all the way through?

Advertisement