Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What do people recommend, finishing Act V with my current level 60 or should I start a crusader and level him up all the way through?

I was thinking level current 60 up to unlock adventure mode and rifts, then level the others that way (providing its a viable alternative)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone fancy boosting some of us low level Crusaders later? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone fancy boosting some of us low level Crusaders later? :P

I actually refuse myself to get boosted lol. I love playing from a scratch and getting speels one by one. It gives me time to play with them and see them in action. I hate getting boosted and then being bombarded by a ton **** of spells.
    when you level new type of character yourself you learn a lot more, well that is at least in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Got my Sorc up to last boss just before work, found it alot easier on the sorc than on my DH,i died alot less and done alot more dmg, even though my gear isnt as good :D

I am in love with Crusader. The more I play the more I fall in love. I think I will have to bring bad news to my misses, its not working out, I met someone else! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Decided to try out the demo, wanted to make a crusader and then found out I have to buy the game + expansion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If you join the boards.ie community you can chat using it
    ye can but since i joined weeks ago, nobody is ever in chat :D

Going to start a new Crusader now in a few minutes, is it better to just run through on Normal, or pump up the difficulty immediately?

Going to start a new Crusader now in a few minutes, is it better to just run through on Normal, or pump up the difficulty immediately?

I just went Master difficulty from level one. then got my level 15 socked weapon with +100 dps. smooth sailing since then. I am level 33 half way in Act2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I am in love with Crusader. The more I play the more I fall in love. I think I will have to bring bad news to my misses, its not working out, I met someone else! :p

When patch 2.0 landed I tried out wizard for fun. My friends list got announcements saying "This is what a mage should be in wow". Tried crusader today and they got " This is what a paladin should be in wow" lol

I love the charge steed

• Advertisement

When patch 2.0 landed I tried out wizard for fun. My friends list got announcements saying "This is what a mage should be in wow". Tried crusader today and they got " This is what a paladin should be in wow" lol

I love the charge steed

I love almost all new spells or runes I get. Charge Steed is a lot of fun and something really really cool to look at. So far my favourite build is electrical flying hammers while using that ulty which drops from the sky and makes an area where lighting bolts hit enemies randomly. On top I drop Archers and the healing area. So its pretty much a Death zone for anything that comes close to me and I am just being healed in it lol.

I am calling it a night. Got my Crusader to 35lvl. Love it, Love it, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Just picked up the base game today. First time EVER playing a Diablo game. Have to admit , I'm kind of loving it. Probably give it a month of playing it before I get the expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Argh. Ordered from vendor dlcdownload.com on Kinguin and the key they've sent me has already been claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Screen_Shot_2014_03_25_at_22_24_41.png

Did the Plague Tunnels Level 1 & 2 with my Barbarian and ended up with 6.8 million toughness. Never went below 50% hp but it took me a while to kill things, luckily I'd 2 wizards with me (who died >10 times).

It seems resists are the new thing to stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

So as someone fairly new the game can ye give me some pointers? All the gear I find I don't use should I salvage it? And the best way about getting my damage up? Putting gems on weapons or just farming for better weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Could not possibly be having more fun right now. Adventure mode and the rifts are a fantastic way to keep end game fresh.

And Crusader is a beast of a tank. Torment 2 adventure mode with a group of 4 and I can't die. DPS is not amazing but that's being picked up by the group and will improve.

Dat 13 million toughness though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

All the changes are amazing.

Shame I'm actually dying a bit now. Need to stack a bit more toughness :<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

13m toughness? :p

Jlfkgec.jpg

Surely that's from beta? That's hardly your live character? :eek:

yup! in game with ktulu now :)

broke 1m dps, but my toughness falls to 9mill :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yup & i'm not far off him. Today has been some day for loot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Really enjoying the new act. More little side events, that's good. Loot, also good. No bloody legendary yet though, and quite a few drops for non-Wizard characters (playing it first time through with her). Odd, but still, great fun. Well worth the purchase so far.

Crusader also seems like a serious tank, and I'm only level 20 or so. Might boost the ****e out of it from here on in - not sure if I can stomach another full playthrough... then another two for my WD and Barb to hit 60/70.

I still want that sword! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was finding the part in the bogs incredibly grindy and **** and couldn't settle on a build that wasn't terrible.

All my gear emphasises arcane damage and that leaves out some choice cold spells but eventually I came across Black Hole, Star Pact and lots of Time Warps (I have a legendary that cuts the cooldown by 2 thirds).
    The Pandemonium gate is ridiculous. You've never fought more than one of those tall she-reapers at a time and all of a sudden there's like 6. Will try again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

5332478ded946.png

That's some set bonus!

YqrVLGp.jpg

Also, how many of those goblins can you kill I wonder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gbear wrote: »
    I was finding the part in the bogs incredibly grindy and **** and couldn't settle on a build that wasn't terrible.
    Got to the bogs last night and did a bit of poking around but nothing serious and this morning I decided to clear it before work. That was a mistake... The bloody zone is the size of at least 2 normal zones and then add in all the events, elites, and underground areas (adding another zone or two's worth of area) to it. Took me a good 2h to clear it all and with the damn annoying mobs it was not fun... Good news being I'm due to hit 69 shortly so can start earning paragon levels again relatively soon as well though and my standard electrocute + freeze orb set up is still rocking (only changed out glass cannon for the stand still for 1.5s for +20% armor, resist and 10% damage ability instead) :)

Did end up with a set piece ring (side grade) and another two legendary though (neither still on me as I got better yellow drops for) and I got to max out the enchantress skill. Next up will be the gem dude and finally the black smith.

Started a Crusader last night, and it's a lot of fun. Flying through it on Master difficulty, and will . Not 100% sure if i'll stick with levelling the Crusader or go clear Act 5 with my Wizard. Kind of want to role a Barbarian as well though.

It does seem awfully slow to level after the 100% bonus over the weekend though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It does seem awfully slow to level after the 100% bonus over the weekend though :(
    This! Add in I had to drop down one level from Torment 1 (bosses simply became impossible to kill before they killed me) losing another 100% exp bonus it's sloooooow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My PC is now in it's 4th week of downtime, completely missed all the bonus XP. fooking gutted :(

• Advertisement

Got my toughness up to 18m but DPS is very bad compared to all other classes even with similar tooltip DPS.

Having everything on a 30+ second CD doesn't help. If you like being able to stand in the mix and facetank molten, plagued and fire chains at the same time Crusader is your man. But you better have a wiz or DH friend on standby to help DPS or it's very slow going.

Absolutely loving the game though, can't wait to get stuck in again tonight!

Advertisement