Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I still want that sword! :p

haha, looking forward to seeing what it's like with a socket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

so how many goblins did you kill in the rift?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ktulu123 wrote: »
    haha, looking forward to seeing what it's like with a socket

Are you able to craft sockets onto items now? Or do you mean filling an existing socket? Always bugs me when I get a decent drop but it has no sockets on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

13m toughness? :p
    Pfff Softcore characters......

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Don't forget to talk to your followers. I talked to lyndon yesterday and got the quest to save his bro

Talked to Kormac today and got the quest to investigate the Templar Order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't forget to talk to your followers. I talked to lyndon yesterday and got the quest to save his bro

Yeah, noticed that when talking to Shen. Nice quest which hints at his past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Am I right in assuming that monster difficulty scales with level ? Regardless of the mode your in ? Like, in the difficulty before torment... are hte monsters in act 2 the same at level 60 as they are at level 65 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone who ordered with G2A check your emails. They're giving a gift because of the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Be warned.

You might be lulled into a false sense of security with how easy Lyndon's is but Kormac's is far more difficult.

I ended up having to stand next to a doorway and leg it each time I was about to die while slowly whittling down the boss.

Magill wrote: »
    Am I right in assuming that monster difficulty scales with level ? Regardless of the mode your in ? Like, in the difficulty before torment... are hte monsters in act 2 the same at level 60 as they are at level 65 ?

There doesn't seem to be that much difference until Act 4 which has a bunch of exceptionally tough enemies - Oppressors, Fallen Angels, Morlu Incinerators are all a handful.
    You can coast along the first 3 Acts with your character on Master the first time round but you'll start dying a lot more in Act 4.

The gap to Act 5 is even tougher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Might have to unfollow this thread, before im too tempted by all the talk and end up buying the expansion with money I shouldnt be spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Gbear wrote: »
    Be warned.

You might be lulled into a false sense of security with how easy Lyndon's is but Kormac's is far more difficult.

I ended up having to stand next to a doorway and leg it each time I was about to die while slowly whittling down the boss.

Died 3 times myself. I really should get my toughness up a bit. A rather paltry 752,515 for my Wizard.

So from reading the Blizz forums I've managed to piece together why Act 5 can be such a slog and also, why I can't beat Torment 1 (even the earlier acts) with double the DPS and 5 times the toughness.

The monsters are also levelling alongside you.

However, Blizzard seemed to have change the way loot works again so basically you get completely random loot between levels 60 and 70 (and lots of Mighty Belts for some reason), unlike before RoS where your level 60 character was getting all level 60 loot (the most powerful loot in the game).

So you end up like me with a level 70 character with no level 70 loot. In fact most of my loot is still 60-61.

There's nothing for it. I'll just have to drop another difficulty level. I'm at the gates of the pandemonium Fortress and I'm barely putting a scratch on the enemies spawning there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Level 45 on my HC Crusader at the moment. The leveling is so slow compared to the double XP weekend that if i die i don't think i would have the heart to start another. Played mostly solo so that could be a reason it felt so slow...

Crusader is lots of fun. Played mostly as a tanky close range hammer spammer until i found a legendary flail that gives my Fist of Heaven a 50% chance to also be cast at my location! Changed my build around and now I'm pretty much a full on mage :pac:

Use to transmog from wow but its pretty easy in D3 compared to wow. Crusader not long looks like a skittle tank

6br9hQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Gbear wrote: »
    So from reading the Blizz forums I've managed to piece together why Act 5 can be such a slog and also, why I can't beat Torment 1 (even the earlier acts) with double the DPS and 5 times the toughness.

The monsters are also levelling alongside you.

However, Blizzard seemed to have change the way loot works again so basically you get completely random loot between levels 60 and 70 (and lots of Mighty Belts for some reason), unlike before RoS where your level 60 character was getting all level 60 loot (the most powerful loot in the game).

So you end up like me with a level 70 character with no level 70 loot. In fact most of my loot is still 60-61.

There's nothing for it. I'll just have to drop another difficulty level. I'm at the gates of the pandemonium Fortress and I'm barely putting a scratch on the enemies spawning there.

Sort of to be expected no ? Seems to be a big difference between endgame 60 and endgame 70 gear, so there had to be some sort of uneven transition with the expansion. I realised pretty quickly that the difficulty increased a lot with each level (My character was probably only capable of T2 or 3 pre expansion) so I just dropped it down to expert. seems about the right level for where im geared. No point spoiling the first run through the new act with a grindy difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So, my Crusader is level 54 and I just entered act 5. One thing I can say right away - its beautiful and they really worked on art look of act 5 so far.

I will call it a night. Will Continue tomorrow. Still love Crusader, its a class that can be melee and ranged, great support or tank. Love it to bits. Me and buddy thinking of starting HC haracters that we play only together. I am thinking of Crusader for our advanture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

TheDoc wrote: »
    My PC is now in it's 4th week of downtime, completely missed all the bonus XP. fooking gutted :(

On the plus side, you won't experience that "my rate of progress is so slow now" feeling you get having become accustomed to bonus XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Had a few scares last night on my lvl 54 HC witch/sorceress/wizardesss.

I have legendary bracers that spawn a champion at every shrine i come in contact with. They usually pop down beside me and i freeze them to get some distance. TWICE yesterday they popped down ON ME. Had to Archon-teleport outta there with about 10% hp. She really is a glass cannon. I always have to keep the Archon as a failsafe to delay the inevitable.

Also have an amulet that creates 2 shadow forms every 30 seconds if i stun an enemy. Currently helping me steamroll Act II. Hoping to hit 60 by the weekend.

On a side note, doing Necromancer events last night - tehy really need to hurry up and get 1 in the game :P My favourite char from D2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well played only about 30 minutes last night ( got pulled into a raid in WoW) but enjoyed it. Already noticed what seems to be a better and less cluttered loot system and a few upgrades.

Game was still downloading and updating while I was playing, so might start again tonight as cutscenes were all ****ed up.

Can't take much from 30 minutes of gameplay. I started on Master for Act V since I completely stopped playing Diablo shortly after release so I'd very few upgrades and no idea if my build would be alright.

Absolutely blowing through mobs and elites with little to no fuss. Could ramp up to torment but I'm getting drops that are upgrades, providing toughness, which looks to be a pretty BIG requirement looking at the D3 reddit.

Pity I missed out on all the levelling bonuses, woulda loved to get my Barb up to 60.

Is there any boost mechanics that can get a character to 60 quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Anyone else find the not-even-trying-to-be-subtle Game of Thrones reference in a Unique boss in RoS? Got a chuckle...

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Also have an amulet that creates 2 shadow forms every 30 seconds if i stun an enemy. Currently helping me steamroll Act II. Hoping to hit 60 by the weekend.

I got that one too! I built a stun build around it and it's quite fun.

Anyone else find the not-even-trying-to-be-subtle Game of Thrones reference in a Unique boss in RoS? Got a chuckle...

Which one?

Don't remember any

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Went back to my Wizard last night, and really enjoying Act 5. Flying through it on Master, as i probably wasn't geared up enough for Torment.

When choosing a weapon for the Wizard, should i bust be looking at the stats (i.e. int, crit chance etc...) or is DPS important as well? Does the DPS of the weapon increase the damage of spells? It's just i found a 1 hand wand, which had twice the dps of the current 2h staff, but with only a small amount of +int. Wasn't sure what to do.

Also, the music in the new acts is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Up to 650k DPS on the crusader now and enjoying it more. Friends Wiz is up to 1.5 mill (Wiz OP yo) and we're wrecking T3.

I really regret bringing no gold into RoS. So far behind on gems and it's going to be a big grind to make it up.

Kiith wrote: »
    Went back to my Wizard last night, and really enjoying Act 5. Flying through it on Master, as i probably wasn't geared up enough for Torment.

When choosing a weapon for the Wizard, should i bust be looking at the stats (i.e. int, crit chance etc...) or is DPS important as well? Does the DPS of the weapon increase the damage of spells? It's just i found a 1 hand wand, which had twice the dps of the current 2h staff, but with only a small amount of +int. Wasn't sure what to do.

Also, the music in the new acts is brilliant.

DPS on the weapon is most important, although note sure if there has been any major changes in the latest patches.

In that case, i just doubled the DPS on my weapon with a blue drop :pac:

In that case, i just doubled the DPS on my weapon with a blue drop :pac:

When you equip items you stats will change in realtime on your character screen . Hovering over an item will show a green percentage increase, or red percentage decrease. Thats the easy way to spot it.

They look to have made it alot easier to tell if an item is an upgrade now.

But check your DPS via the character screen, and hover over the item, to tell if something is better.

I'd try keep an even balance though, stat resiliance and toughness are important, going mad DPS on a wizard could turn you into a glass cannon on harder difficulties.

Oh i'm absolutely a glass cannon. If anything gets close or surrounds me, i'm pretty much dead. Managing to kill most things on Master pretty quickly though, and try to keep my distance. Died a few times, but usually when i'm just not careful. I know it'll get tougher though, as i've not been stacking any toughness.

Black Hole is bloody awesome as well. That, mixed with Arcane Torrent (which i can't live without) and Frost Nova make for some serious killing.

• Advertisement

Oh i'm absolutely a glass cannon. If anything gets close or surrounds me, i'm pretty much dead. Managing to kill most things on Master pretty quickly though, and try to keep my distance. Died a few times, but usually when i'm just not careful. I know it'll get tougher though, as i've not been stacking any toughness.

Black Hole is bloody awesome as well. That, mixed with Arcane Torrent (which i can't live without) and Frost Nova make for some serious killing.

Yeah Frost orb and blackhole seem to be FOTM since release,I'm still rocking my Archon build with lightning filler and tearing through it on Master.

The upgrades are notable enough to not make me switch anytime soon, so I can build myself up a little until Torment, probably tackle it via a group anyway

Advertisement