Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Which one?

Don't remember any

There's a unique boss called "Clawgane", description "The Mountain".

Unless I dreamt that last night, and can't tell the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Went straight into torment 1 and found it very easy.

Torment 2 was noticeably harder, and required a decent amount of tactics when fighting elites.

I found that pre expansion the torment levels just added more HP to mobs but in ros it seems to make the slightly smarter too, I welcome upgrade.

Got some fancy staff on my wizard with 900 int, handy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While checking old legendaries in my storage box thingy i found a lvl 60 legendary 1 hand mace which lowers level requirement by 22 levels,gave it to my lvl 40 Crusader and instantly i could bump up xp gain to +300% via torment as my dps went through the roof,an hour or so later and im lvl 54.
    Loving the new areas,some very like torchlight 2 which cant be a bad thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lowers lvl requirements by 22 levels? So a skill that you only get at lvl60 is available immediately? Or is it just weapon/item restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Lowers lvl requirements by 22 levels? So a skill that you only get at lvl60 is available immediately? Or is it just weapon/item restrictions?

Nah, you can just use that weapon at lowered level. Very very handy when leveling characters.

I got a whole set of weapons like this, that I use for leveling. I got level 45 requirement sword which was 600 dps and a socket, then I got 800 dps + socket for level 52. I made sure to get these, before ah goes down. Got little bit of gold too when it got piss cheap. So I got 136mil.

Edit: someone linked in general chat a legendary 1400 dps dagger with 51 level requirement. Now that's a tasty leveling weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »

It means i can use the lvl 60 mace with great stats compared to what i had @ lvl 38.
    I was going to change stats but dps is mad as it is while i lvl up.

Screenshot000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's good that that's a secondary attribute.

It can make otherwise mediocre items give you a massive jolt when you can unlock them.

I have a lvl 52 Scrimshaw spear that does about 1k dps (from before RoS) and I got a legendary 2h sword with my Crusader's name on it that does something like 1600 dps at level 46.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I think im coming close to the fight with Malthael on my HC Crusader. I'm pretty tanky but anything i should know about this fight like massive damage or one hit kill abilities he has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I think im coming close to the fight with Malthael on my HC Crusader. I'm pretty tanky but anything i should know about this fight like massive damage or one hit kill abilities he has?

HC = re-consider how tanky you are.
    SC = just go for it :)

so I finally hit 60 with my Crusader. I striped some of my gear that I had on Barb. gone from 40k dps to 170k lol.

I really like how my Crusader looks. The abilty to change how items look and changing legendaries colour is awesome.

Its a Shame I cannot put on Grandfather Skin on My Skorn :(.

Screenshot006_zps9f697d45.jpg

• Advertisement

HC = re-consider how tanky you are.
    SC = just go for it :)

I thought on it, then dropped it down to hard mode, haha. Was easy and took him down fast, but he scared me when he took me down to 50% HP with his Diablo twin flame lazer attack :pac:

That ending though, so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

better than the D3 ending though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Anyone else having connection issues?
    Got disconnected 3 times from the battle.net servers in the past half an hour. Error code 3007.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Torment 2 is where im at atm..770k dps on paper..more with arcane damage affixes..just under 7k toughness..this is with a wizard
    id say 95% of the legendaries that dropped are useless.Keeping cully company in guild chat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Probably be another expansion were valor becomes wrath. I wonder will necromancer or amazon be the new class (amazon is skovos right?)

Probably be another expansion were valor becomes wrath. I wonder will necromancer or amazon be the new class (amazon is skovos right?)

I have a feeling the next expansion wont have a new class at all as i feel they have alot of standard fantasy archetypes filled with all the current classes. As for where it would be set? Maybe Panda as the new class set in Xian'sai? :pac:

What THE **** with Marques Gems droping right left and Center...

I am level 61 playing on master and those started droping like candies....

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Just made to to Act V with my Barb, level 57. After putting in a solid 3 hour stint to knock out most of Act III and IV. Gonna leave it at that for tonight and get stuck in to Act V and hopefully level 60 tomorrow evening.

Got to level 66 today and I am still on act 5. Damn, its long, challenging too.

Still love my Crusader. A few side quest of companions was great. Love that idea.

I will continue tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My account got locked and resetting it did not work so now I need to send in my ID to Blizzard for unlocking the account; curious how long this is going to take :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nody wrote: »
    My account got locked and resetting it did not work so now I need to send in my ID to Blizzard for unlocking the account; curious how long this is going to take :(

I had it resolved in 24hrs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Beautiful, no legendary drops from Diablo on torment 1, but 2 different set item 1 hand crossbows for my DH.

Why was your account locked?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why was your account locked?
    Greetings,

Blizzard has locked the Battle.net account xxx due to an unusual change in its access pattern.

If you recently changed your connection pattern, you can unlock your account with a simple password reset. Visit the Password Reset page to begin the process. The form can also be reached by clicking “Can’t log in” on any Battle.net login page.

If you did not recently change your connection pattern, someone else may have attempted to access your account using your password. We encourage you to follow our security checklist to secure your computer, and then performing a Password Reset to unlock access.

Once you’ve regained access, consider adding Battle.net SMS Protect, a free service that allows you to quickly recover your Battle.net account using a mobile device. For more information, see the SMS Protect FAQ.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
    http://battle.net/support
    Tried resetting it via their online reset but that did not work so now I need to contact customs support instead and as I'm on a business trip for the last two days with out trying to access my account I can only assume someone trying to/have succeeded in hacking the account. Not much value on it though beyond single player games (useless for a hacker) as my WoW account was last played during Burning Legion era.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

God my friends list is just PURE Diablo at the moment :D

Played another 30 minutes last night and still not enough to know if its a massive improvement over the original D3 launch, but I'm being told it's much better.

Have to say the flow, feel and just gameplay is top notch but I felt that about the original, the problem, was when it came to max level and farming runs, there felt little point with the ease of the AH.

At present I'm tearing through Master with ease, I might bump up to torment, my gear might be better then originally expected. Got my first legendary drop last night, a ring that ended up being a massive upgrade :D

Have a filthy gaming session planned from this evening to Sunday night ( pc was broke the last 4 weeks) and I'll hopefully be streaming my play, if anyone want sto share or PM their battletag I'll add them if they want to party up. I'm a 61 Wizard at the moment

Tried resetting it via their online reset but that did not work so now I need to contact customs support instead and as I'm on a business trip for the last two days with out trying to access my account I can only assume someone trying to/have succeeded in hacking the account. Not much value on it though beyond single player games (useless for a hacker) as my WoW account was last played during Burning Legion era.

Nasty! I take it ye dont have an authenticator? When ye get it sorted out and change your password etc, ye should get the free one for your mobile. Handy, and an extra layer of security for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nasty! I take it ye dont have an authenticator? When ye get it sorted out and change your password etc, ye should get the free one for your mobile. Handy, and an extra layer of security for ye

yeah authenticator is a must. Never been hacked but plenty of my mates have that done run auths.

An fyi, Blizz will ask for a copy of your passport, so be handy to get that organised for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

As i've said before, their security features is horrendous.

Guess the secret question, you can change EVERYTHING.

No need for passwords/email address. All can be changed if you can guess the secret question.

If you dnt have a smartphone, just say you were born in GughiDFME085nm3^$($_532k@{£$p?!.

That'll take em awhile :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Anyone else find the boss fights mediocre?

Fought Adria on torment 2 and nearly fell asleep.

Loads of hitpoints but no real effort required.

The elite mobs are cool, recently fought Splynter "enemy of the foot clan", a giant rat humanoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dermighty wrote: »
    Anyone else find the boss fights mediocre?

Fought Adria on torment 2 and nearly fell asleep.

Loads of hitpoints but no real effort required.

Diablo is really only the one that requires much thought.

And that's only if your evil twins have a tricky set of abilities.

I've found cold spells hard to deal with as a Wizard - blizzard and frozen orb ****ed me up.

Advertisement