Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Gbear wrote: »
    Diablo is really only the one that requires much thought.

And that's only if your evil twins have a tricky set of abilities.

I've found cold spells hard to deal with as a Wizard - blizzard and frozen orb ****ed me up.

Sorry I meant the bosses in Act V. Diablo was boring, my twin used to hurt me though :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dermighty wrote: »
    Sorry I meant the bosses in Act V. Diablo was boring, my twin used to hurt me though :'(

It's the same for all the bosses really though.

It's the elite monster affixes that make things interesting.

It probably seems worse in Act 5 because a lot of the new monsters have some interesting ways of attacking - the seraph that freezes the floor, the giant punchy things that floats comically through the air when it's slowed down, the dog that picks you up and shakes you around like a doll.

Urzeal's "gun" looked cool but it didn't do anything particularly novel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whats the point in farming normal bounties when your level 70? Its like easy loot with zero risk at all, id hardly even call it playing the game. You may as well be playing the Auction House simulator that was Diablo 3 before patch 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I just beated last boss as level 68 Crusader. Had to drop it down to Hard difficulty though as I was getting my bum cheeks sodomized.
    All in all Act 5 is fantastic. Very long, but very interesting. One thing I really loved was the amount of Lore in act 5. Damn freaking awesome. I was just clearing a whole area just to get more notes from Lilith and Inarius.

I just started advanture mode, just to have a look what is it and if I understand it correctly, then it is a very damn great idea for Diablo 3. I have not done whole bounty run or traded in any of the blood shards, so I dont know how good it is.

Crusader is awesome. My favourite Character playability wise and Story wise ( if you can call it ). Will stick with her for now, She just looks badass. When I get bored of her, I might get my WD up to 70. Will see.

Is gambling the only thing you can do with bloodshards?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I spent 15 shards on a 1h weapon and got a crap rare knife. Put me off spending more. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is gambling the only thing you can do with bloodshards?
    It's a gamble; I tried twice on medallion and got an upgrade and seven times on a belt (have epic 60) and got nothing on the belt. It's all random chance really but what else are you going to use them for? :)

Simply target the slot(s) that are cheap that you feel you could (should) easily be able to improve and work from there.

Nody wrote: »
    It's a gamble; I tried twice on medallion and got an upgrade and seven times on a belt (have epic 60) and got nothing on the belt. It's all random chance really but what else are you going to use them for? :)

Simply target the slot(s) that are cheap that you feel you could (should) easily be able to improve and work from there.

Is there a chance of Legendary in therE?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've only got yellow so far but that's only 9 attempts but others have reported it even though it's rare (as in a group of 3 bought 375 items and got no legendary rare).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

got a legendary off hand for a wizard from those shards.

• Advertisement

Speak of the devil.

They're hotfixing the drop rate for gambled legendaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Someone mentioned a placebo hotfix to see if people notice before they actually have to change the drop rate. Funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats the best way to level up now, adventure mode or act v?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Whats the best way to level up now, adventure mode or act v?

Adventure mode I'd say. Although enjoyable act v felt like a real slog towards the end. The fastest way is to get someone to boost you in torment...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it's around €28 from the US Blizzard store, but you can get it for €32 on G2Play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

€27 on G2A if you use the 3% off code a lot of D3 streamers on twitch tv have on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm waiting to pick it up for 20 myself.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to pick it up for 20 myself.

For the sake of 7eu..... :rolleyes:

Anyway. I finally hit 70 and doing some adventure mode. Unfortunately I can handle steadily only Master so far. On torment it takes way too long and I die a lot.
    Love my Crusader and I love how it looks the most. She is just badass!

Was just crafting some 2 handers for ****s and giggles and managed to get 2400dps soceted 2h mace with 20 level requirment down. So yeah.... My alt at level 50 will be able to to wield that! :D

KingSlayer Swords look epic. Its a shame that mace is better then 10 crafted King Slayers... I really hate being a Fashion whore! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyway. I finally hit 70 and doing some adventure mode. Unfortunately I can handle steadily only Master so far. On torment it takes way too long and I die a lot.
    Love my Crusader and I love how it looks the most. She is just badass!

Was just crafting some 2 handers for ****s and giggles and managed to get 2400dps soceted 2h mace with 20 level requirment down. So yeah.... My alt at level 50 will be able to to wield that! :D

KingSlayer Swords look epic. Its a shame that mace is better then 10 crafted King Slayers... I really hate being a Fashion whore! :pac:

I saw a mortal drama crusader on us forums. Double bombardment enchant on it. Must be insane dmg... Well for crusader.

Ah, she look so AWESOME! :D Had a Lucky roll and rerolled for STR on that sword, so I can use it instead of mace. -9%dps, but +20% toughness and good bit of healing. Plus a badass look! :p

Screenshot007_zpsdbe5d7de.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rerolled a crusader and I have to say he's a badass. Just made ****e of the skeleton king

Looking forward to act V

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Really impressed with what they've done with the endgame in the expansion. Not surprised and very happy they've put in their own version of "Maps" from PoE, really good way to keep the game interesting and very easy to expand on if they feel people are getting bored with the game.

Adventure mode is pretty cool too. Starting to get some decent gear now so will probably up the difficulty to Torment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Trust is earned...not given.

After shelling out for the collectors edition last time and watching it collect dust for 2 years, I'm in no hurry :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Guys playing Crusader, what are your builds?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ktulu123 wrote: »

Heres the one i used tonight.
    Its like a walking timebomb,i mix things up quite a lot but i find this one gives great dps potential plus survivability.
    Mobility is slow but you can swap out iron skin for your stead if you wish, since most people farm bounties on normal you can lose iron skin and laws of justice and replace with the dps laws, cant remember name :P and stead.
    For me i wanted a class with a shield that uses that shield to good affect ie bashing mobs to death with a shield :P,i think this build does just that.
    Im sure i can tweak it further and its probably nowhere near the top specs but its fun fun me atleast.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/38696174

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aZTXRi!UhaS!aaZbYb

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aeOXiQ!beaS!ZZZcYa

Hardcore build im using at the moment. 200k DPS, 1.5k healing and about 6mil toughness.

Works decent enough. I'm hard to kill and my aoe damage is decent. Have 2 CC removal skills with one of them being a second chance at life if i take fatal damage. I feel Crusader has low single target damage that isnt on a massive long cooldown. Thus boss fights can be long drawn out affairs.

Sweeping strike with the flame rune seems decent for single target damage but its a massive wrath drain unless you get your hands on that flail that refunds the cost of its wrath by 4 for every enemy hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I can summon murderous ghost cows with my barbarian.

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

ktulu123 wrote: »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#WclifQ!aYhS!aaZZbb

This build is the best DPS output by far and I've tried a lot of different set ups. Just get a shield with 30% block and renewal will keep you up without the need for life on hit. Single target is poor but that's Crusaders in general unfortunately. If you need more survivability swap out Finery for Divine Fortress and Law of Valor for Justice (Resists).

I can solo T3 with this build but DPS is a little slow even with over 1 mill damage but T2 is fine and it eats T1.

Only to update on my account issue; Blizzard resolved it in about 8h so fair play to them. The response below:
    This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Game Master Department. I received one of our webforms that you recently filled out regarding your account lock.

I went ahead and removed the lock by emailing you a password reset so you should have access to it once again as soon as you get that. :)

What looks to have happened is one of our automated security features temporarily locked your account because it detected a change from your normal play location or if you just haven't logged in for as long time. I fixed it so it should not lock you out any more because of this so you don't have to worry about it again.

I do apologize for that inconvenience though. If you have any questions at all regarding this or anything else, feel free to contact us again any time.

Regards,

Game Master xxx
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

So happy days; no hacking in the end and all is well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I downloaded this and played the trial version last night..... I then proceeded to extract my wallet and pay for both the original and Reaper of souls. I then went through the whole start up to the skeleton king.....and loved every minute of it.:D

Advertisement