Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#WclifQ!aYhS!aaZZbb

This build is the best DPS output by far and I've tried a lot of different set ups. Just get a shield with 30% block and renewal will keep you up without the need for life on hit. Single target is poor but that's Crusaders in general unfortunately. If you need more survivability swap out Finery for Divine Fortress and Law of Valor for Justice (Resists).

I can solo T3 with this build but DPS is a little slow even with over 1 mill damage but T2 is fine and it eats T1.

Pretty sick dps build alright, played it there for a bit.
    However i really enjoy the shield bash secondary and the punish with roar as primary.
    They seem to work fine with the rest of your build too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Been rocking my variation of the standard Electrocute/Orb build on the wizard with pretty good success tbh.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcSOjN!cVZS!YbZcaa

Can sit there tanking most **** with just a few elite combinations requiring some repositioning. Stunlocks quite well too so pretty sweet in partys.

P.S. added some peeps from boards.ie community. Whats the difference between a community and clan btw ? Just you can have more people or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Magill wrote: »
    Been rocking my variation of the standard Electrocute/Orb build on the wizard with pretty good success tbh.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcSOjN!cVZS!YbZcaa

Can sit there tanking most **** with just a few elite combinations requiring some repositioning. Stunlocks quite well too so pretty sweet in partys.

P.S. added some peeps from boards.ie community. Whats the difference between a community and clan btw ? Just you can have more people or something ?

If you have a clan going add me in: Vicxas

Vicxas wrote: »
    If you have a clan going add me in: Vicxas

I just joined the boards "community". Anyone can join it afaik.

Anyone getting crazy lag today ? My internet has been complete garbage for a month or so now so not sure if its that or the actual game !

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Try logging out and reading the 'breaking news' ;)
    ie. Technical Difficulties = Lag madness right now.

Makes sense :P

Sucks, was dropped from the game twice during a map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    Pretty sick dps build alright, played it there for a bit.
    However i really enjoy the shield bash secondary and the punish with roar as primary.
    They seem to work fine with the rest of your build too.

That's exactly what I run on higher torments in a group when I'm not maxing DPS. I have the legendary block chance ring and helm and swap them in and shield bash does very nice damage even with tanky gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just lost my lvl 58 HC Witch.

Died to being frozen, while champion monster died beside me and proceeded to explode.

What a way to go :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

90 minutes in a Battlenet queue...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just tried logging in there, aside from the stupid launcher login tool popping up every two seconds, i'm apparently in a 507 minute queue lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Just lost my lvl 58 HC Witch.

Died to being frozen, while champion monster died beside me and proceeded to explode.

What a way to go :/

Your deeds of valor will be remembered though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was wondering why my FPS was chugging all day... Then battlenet kicked me off for a 42 min queue.

God damnit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Had a serious farming day, hit 70 yesterday and did a fair bit and today just went ham with mates farming, think ive been going 10 hours in rifts :O

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Furyio-2538/hero/742075

Pretty happy at present considering I had gear that was from Diablo3 release + 1 month :D

Still trying to figure out what sorts of stats and secondaries compliment my build best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

When i sit down for a gaming session i intend to get back into Dark Souls but i keep turning on Diablo 3, its a addictive. I just want all the numbers bigger. ALL MY NUMBERS BIGGER

Yeah, i breached the 1m damage mark today on my wizard (Well... 1m with all ze dmg passives and stuff). Pretty cool that it doesn't take 24/7 playing to get decent gear since i've only really been able to play over the weekend, i'd imagine some people have damage upwards of a couple of million at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What's the story with rifts lads? What are they? I got 20 bits now, so I can make few keys, but I am not sure what to expect there.
    Do they need a lot of time to do? Harder then just running bounties?

Is there any reward for doing all bounties on all acts in one session?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dermighty-2365/hero/36464834

Got 2 legendary weapons for my Bardbarian last night.

Edit: Bardbarian, wish that class existed!

What's the story with rifts lads? What are they? I got 20 bits now, so I can make few keys, but I am not sure what to expect there.
    Do they need a lot of time to do? Harder then just running bounties?

Is there any reward for doing all bounties on all acts in one session?

Random level from the game with a random mobs, loot and a random number of stages (5 is the most I've seen). When you kill enough mobs a rift boys appears with improved loot. The rift can have ten yellow mobs in it and be absolutely massive or very small, random.

Rifts can have a number of levels and each one will generally have a different style (desert, dungeon etc) and the rifts also have regular caves and pages like that as well as some mobs that drop rift portals when they die like in the battlefield of eternity zone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Done a few rifts yesterday and the loot was a joke, all blues along with a few crafting mats.

Bounties for gold and Rifts for lewts is the general rule. Rifts will vary drastically in mob density and size. Some archetypes are always better than others for example the act5 graveyard areas are always packed with mobs and elites.

Broke 1m DPS on the crusader last night with just the small attack speed self buff but my weapon is still terrible. I just can't find an upgrade!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My Crusader is up to level 39 and 1/3rd way through act 4 on Hard and somewhat OP because of gemming (+220 damage weapon, +160 vitality/strength). Will push for completion so I can ding 70 asap with her and then see how well she can perform.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Bounties for gold and Rifts for lewts is the general rule.

This. From my farming session yesterday got an abhorent amount of legendaries, upgrades and yellows.

Going an entire Rift with predominantly blues sounds bugged, or you weren't doing it on Torment 1 which you should :D

Also try avoid running them solo. You will want to have a party to increase your magic find and a party of 3+ works wonders in terms of clear speed but also the amount of loot dropped.

I was running mostly in a group of four, but did run a few on my own and there was a noticeable difference. Simply not efficient running solo.

We should share out some battletags on this thread so people have farming options. I'll do the usual and say I'll do it when I get home, and then forget :D

But yeah, in summary, don't bother running Rifts solo, waste of time imo and you should run a group in them. (Should have no problem even getting a pickup if you make your game public)

• Advertisement

After playing over 50 hours of crusader now I can safely say they need some fixing. Effective DPS is the lowest of all classes by some margin and monks and witch doctors bring much more utility to a group.

Primary and secondaries are just bad and all other skills have long CDs making downtime a real slog. I still like the class and will stick with it as I like the playstyle and I've always played a paladin but I hope some changes are on the way. It's not completely broken but it's currently the weakest of all the classes by a decent stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just on Legendarys - i did a co-op last night, where we did all the bounties, didnt go out of our way to kill other things or farm HD packs of trash. Did all 5 acts bounties.

Ended up with 5 legendary items, 2 of which were upgrades, one was a new set chest, although it was really bad, 2 BS plans, around 2mil gold and 3 paragon levels (almost 4 - i'm paragon 170something)

All on torment 1.. has the droprate been increased because generally, before yesterday when i did that, i'd get maybe 2 legendarys and all the other stuff?

Handy for levelling paragon those bounties :)

Just on Legendarys - i did a co-op last night, where we did all the bounties, didnt go out of our way to kill other things or farm HD packs of trash. Did all 5 acts bounties.

Ended up with 5 legendary items, 2 of which were upgrades, one was a new set chest, although it was really bad, 2 BS plans, around 2mil gold and 3 paragon levels (almost 4 - i'm paragon 170something)

All on torment 1.. has the droprate been increased because generally, before yesterday when i did that, i'd get maybe 2 legendarys and all the other stuff?

Handy for levelling paragon those bounties :)

Yes Legendary droprates was buffed via a hotfix on like Friday night or Saturday, cant remember which one.

If your doing bounties, you should run them on normal. The end of bounty caches have same droprates regardless of difficulty, they pull from the same loot table regardless.

You "should" be running bounties on normal to get your keys and then running Rifts on Torment 1 in a group. AFAIK the caches only have chances to drop the specific loot table legendaries, they can't drop all sorts.

Rifts, Torment 1, in a group of 3+ is imo the best and most efficient method of farming for upgrades. You'll stack up an outragous amount of yellows for materials and gold, and you'll get a good few legendaries. Lost count of the amount of legendaries I got yesterday, but four of them went into my Wizard as an upgrade.

From all I've read and watched from the top players over the weekend, I've seen nothing other then suggesting Rifts on Torment 1 as part of a 3 or 4 man group is the best way to be farming :)

Lads this is a stupid question but I've always played D3 solo as a break from wow where it's mainly group play. How do you make a pug on d3?

I see you can make your game public but how do random people find it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TheDoc wrote: »
    You "should" be running bounties on normal to get your keys and then running Rifts on Torment 1 in a group. AFAIK the caches only have chances to drop the specific loot table legendaries, they can't drop all sorts.
    But how do you up the difficulty of it afterwards (as it only lets me lower it; not increase it on the normal screen in game)? I ran through all bounties on one act but left the rift to be done later (not opened) and when I logged back in again I had lost all the shards and the bounties were back :(

Nody wrote: »
    But how do you up it afterwards? I ran through all bounties on one act but left the rift to be done later (not opened) and when I logged back in again I had lost all the shards and the bounties were back :(

The shards should be in your loot. I have been building up loads of shards as mainly doing bounties as short on time and they are quick buts of fun. Bounty map always resets after logout

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Considering the ending and cliff hangers for all companions, it would be safe to guess that we will have one more expansion for diablo 3.
    I am pretty sure we will see necromancer in that expansion. Druid would be cool too.

I'd guess for Druid as a spell casting mid/short range style but they could go with something completly new as well I guess. I still don't really see how a Necromancer would fit in with the Witch Doctor but next class should definitly be more ranged (Amazonian comes to mind but it's rather close to DH).

Has anyone come across treasure goblin packs in a rift yet ? Me and a mate did last night... Was hilarious... Thought it was just one then noticed 10 or more all grouped together below.... Only managed to kill 7 or 8 cause they caught us off guard. M8 got 2 legendarys off them.

• Advertisement

Considering the ending and cliff hangers for all companions, it would be safe to guess that we will have one more expansion for diablo 3.
    I am pretty sure we will see necromancer in that expansion. Druid would be cool too.

Don't know about necromancer as they said they didn't want to just bring old classes back. Though that was Jay Wilson. I'd like a shapeshifter like a druid.

Advertisement