Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

how do you activate your followers quests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    how do you activate your followers quests?

Keep talking to them and hear their full story. You'll get a pop up to teleport to the quest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Had my most enjoyable rift last night. It was a map filled, and I mean filled with Skeletal Summoners from Act 1. I popped the guardian pretty quick, and took him down. Then I noticed I had only done about 15%-20% of the map. So I start exploring, and its more summoners, among many other types. But rooms filled to the brim with mobs. Took me about an hour, but I battered every last one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So apparantly, someone has downed Malthael on T6 Hardcore. Fight took him 3 HOURS. :eek:

Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So apparantly, someone has downed Malthael on T6 Hardcore. Fight took him 3 HOURS. :eek:

Link
    I doubt I'd ever bother for 3h Hardcore or not; I'd be so damn frustrated at that point I'd drop the difficulty just for that (I find the current one on T1 long and boring as is!). Also found how he did it; 50m toughness and 150k dps; lol :P

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    I doubt I'd ever bother for 3h Hardcore or not; I'd be so damn frustrated at that point I'd drop the difficulty just for that (I find the current one on T1 long and boring as is!). Also found how he did it; 50m toughness and 150k dps; lol :P

Yeah I noticed he had extremely high toughness, 28m on his profile page, so I assume it went up to 50m with buffs and what not. Still, kudos to him for having the patience to try, and he did admit that he had some very close calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You have to remember there is some pretty competitive races that go on in Diablo, so major kudos to this guy.

But the Hardcore race is the one everyone is watching, (thats into that sort of thing) some calamity yesterday when the servers had some problems :D

Also re: to the guy who asked about bounties to rift.

You finish your bounties and the riftstones go into your bags.
    When you are done bounties you leave your game, then start a new game, adventure mode, Torment 1.
    You then just open your rift.

Bloodshards are currency that drops from killing Rift final bosses. They are used on the Merchant that hangs by the Rift entrance. It's basically a lottery but it can give you serious upgrades. I got a legendary shoulder that was a massive upgrade.

Also remember that these shards are account bound, after I think level 15, you can spend bloodshards on an alt, for a chance at upgrade gear ;)

Also reforging/enchanting ( don't think community has settled on a name haha) is absolutely brilliant and cannot be talked about enough. Don't forget in ROS "Elemental Damage" is REALLY where you get your big boosts from, not so much the DPS on weapon or primary stat, so where possible have a look to see if you can enchant for Elemental Damage X. Great guide on it over on Diablofans

And finally, if your into your alt levelling, enchanting can be amazing for gaining level reduction on high end gear. Enchant away the rubbish and strike lucky on level reduction secondaries, and you can find yourself with outragous kit for alts :D

Thoroughly enjoying the game, though in fairnes I enjoyed the original D3 perfectly fine until about a month after launch when it got stale and boring, nothing to say this won't either. While Rifts and Bounties add something better then the old Neph stack and then goblin farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I assumed all bosses had an enrage timer on Torment 1+. Well done to the guy but he kinda lamed it out with 50mil toughness. I'm more impressed by the amount of time it took him, 3 Hours! :eek: I wonder if the 3 hours include pause time or just actual time he spent fighting him

TheDoc wrote: »
    And finally, if your into your alt levelling, enchanting can be amazing for gaining level reduction on high end gear. Enchant away the rubbish and strike lucky on level reduction secondaries, and you can find yourself with outragous kit for alts :D

Yeah, I have a lvl 70 2hand Legendary sword sitting in storage waiting for my crusader. I enchanted for the level reduction (between 2 and 30) and got a reduction of 29 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I assumed all bosses had an enrage timer on Torment 1+. Well done to the guy but he kinda lamed it out with 50mil toughness. I'm more impressed by the amount of time it took him, 3 Hours! :eek: I wonder if the 3 hours include pause time or just actual time he spent fighting him

actual time judging by his dps, i dont think he lamed it at all. Takes a lot of work to get your toughness to 50million. He must have had the patience of a saint :P

Ye can see his spec on diablofans, it's all survival, no dps at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spent 50 blood shards and got feck all to show for it. I still can't get torment 1 in adventure mode. I am getting my arse handed to me. Can't get dps up at all. I am still stuck on 320k dps 4mil toughness and 10k healing.
    I did got shoulders which makes all items unbreakable. So no repair bills lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Spent 50 blood shards and got feck all to show for it.

Reminded me of this(watch it all). I've spent a few hundred shards and havent got anything worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Spent 50 blood shards and got feck all to show for it. I still can't get torment 1 in adventure mode. I am getting my arse handed to me. Can't get dps up at all. I am still stuck on 320k dps 4mil toughness and 10k healing.
    I did got shoulders which makes all items unbreakable. So no repair bills lol.

I 'm still getting used to remembering my toughness and healing stuff.

At the moment I do 500k dps and have about 500k HP. I got a RAKE of upgrades via Torment 1 Rift farming, and when I started I only did about 300k dps and had about 300k HP.

That was yesterday morning, by the end had got some serious upgrading.

I'd look to maybe get into a group, you got any mates playing? Torment 1 rift farming with a few lads will definitely get you serious upgrades pretty quickly.

Or you could just run Normal bounty runs, you should get some stuff from the cache and bounty bosses, it'll be slower, but might be decent because of the speed of the clear.

Also re: bloodshards, I spent about 500 yesterday and got one legendary, and probably one usable upgrade. However it translates directly into materials and or gold which is nice. It's just a bonus really. Just focus a piece of gear that might be low or rubbish, and spam shards on that piece until you get something via shards, or drops :)

Decided to do a fresh run on torment 1. All q reset and I was fighting skeleton king, when servers gone down... Bah...
    I am surprised how good I can do on fresh run. Few upgrades and more life on hit made good bit of difference.
    One of my good buddies can't afford expansion right now due to wedding ( he is not in Ireland and 27eu in that country is a lot of money). I would buy it for him, but I don't have much spare cash right now. So looks like I'll be doing few solo runs for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Blizzard can launch ROS without a single issue yet the servers are absolutely rubbish since yesterday morning, RIP all the people who lost their hardcore characters:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

427 minute queue right now to log in :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Blizzard can launch ROS without a single issue yet the servers are absolutely rubbish since yesterday morning, RIP all the people who lost their hardcore characters:D

Didn't get to play cause i was put in a queue! Praise the sun!

Holy ****.... servers are getting Pwnd!!! How the hell they managed to get launch so smooth and now its all over the place.
    My guess is, blizzard switched a good few servers to help diablo 3 on launch. Now they droped those servers back from where they came from ( wow? ), but did not expected the popularity of diablo 3 thanks to this expansion...

Looks like I might go fire up Dark Souls 2 or take my G27 for a spin today instead.

Okay, really like what they did with Legendaries. Just got a companion Legendary, which lets her use ALL of her skills.

If you go down in the Rifts today you're sure of a big surprise
    If you go down in the Rifts today you'd better go in disguise
    For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain
    Because today's the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic

2ytr7g9.jpg

• Advertisement

Teddy Bears!?! Excellent

So I reset quests and went for Torment 1 Butcher. No Legendaries droped... Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It only the very last boss, Mal, that will guarantee a legend drop ma boyo! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Holy ****.... servers are getting Pwnd!!! How the hell they managed to get launch so smooth and now its all over the place.
    My guess is, blizzard switched a good few servers to help diablo 3 on launch. Now they droped those servers back from where they came from ( wow? ), but did not expected the popularity of diablo 3 thanks to this expansion...

Looks like I might go fire up Dark Souls 2 or take my G27 for a spin today instead.

This appears to be the reason behind it.
    Update 31/03/2014 20:00 CEST: Please be aware that we received new reports of another series of DDos attacks

Over the course of the weekend Diablo, World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Hearthstone players may have been impacted by high latency and disconnections during their gaming experience that are the result of a series of DDoS attacks on certain European online services. Although Blizzard’s infrastructure wasn’t targeted, the disruption effects rippled and have been felt by a portion of our players’ population.

While we are still closely monitoring the situation we wanted to thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Anyone up for split farming normal act 1/2 bounties? I really want the OP mace/gloves from those caches D:

is there a loot table for the different acts for the caches?

is there a loot table for the different acts for the caches?

Not sure if this is complete:
    http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

looks like act V and VI for that Helltrapper 1h then :)

awesome dude, thanks for that!

• Advertisement

Anyone see the front page of diablofans this morning?

worth a look http://www.diablofans.com/news/48007-datamined-new-class-necruid-and-second-expansion
    april fools

Advertisement