Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd speculate the issue with the servers against launch were that many people didn't actually preorder or play day 1 or 2.

Diablo 3 was a massive dissapointment to fans of the series, and blizzard fans. There was noticable figures on the quarterly blizzard conf calls of Diablo 3 numbers falling rapidly. But then there was a mild rise when it launched on consoles.

I'd imagine word got around fast that Reapers was pretty good, and a rake of people came along at the first weekend of release ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is there any gem beyond the 280 stat one? Because I did a quick calculation and it's about 9 Mil per gem purely in conversion costs for that one (I'm slowly working my way towards that one :P )!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

280 gem is the top one.
    In the beta, there was more i think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

30+ hours put into my crusader since hitting 60 and only 2 upgrades in that time.
    Countless bounties and rifts and nothing but yellow gear.
    Over 3,000 shards traded and nothing either, lol its beyond a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

nix wrote: »
    It only the very last boss, Mal, that will guarantee a legend drop ma boyo! :(

everyone says that this boss and that boss is guaranteed to drop a legendary, in my experience it's just not true!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dermighty wrote: »
    everyone says that this boss and that boss is guaranteed to drop a legendary, in my experience it's just not true!
    The last boss (i.e. Diablo if you don't got RoS or Mal if you do) is guaranteed to drop a legendary item IF you're doing the quests the first time OR have reset all the quest and have done it from scratch again.

Having said that by the time you've cleared the whole game you've got better ways to earn legendaries then resetting quests though.

Dcully wrote: »
    30+ hours put into my crusader since hitting 60 and only 2 upgrades in that time.
    Countless bounties and rifts and nothing but yellow gear.
    Over 3,000 shards traded and nothing either, lol its beyond a joke.

Are you running solo or in a group?

If solo, making your own problems there, totally inefficent. If you want to be gearing, get yourself a group ASAP. Either publicly or get some lads in here.

There is a big shift in mindset that is slowly happening for this release. People are so used to get upgrades handed to them from that abomination that was the AH. It's back to original Diablo here, where after the long slog and you get that small upgrade, life seems incredible :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Are you running solo or in a group?

If solo, making your own problems there, totally inefficent. If you want to be gearing, get yourself a group ASAP. Either publicly or get some lads in here.

There is a big shift in mindset that is slowly happening for this release. People are so used to get upgrades handed to them from that abomination that was the AH. It's back to original Diablo here, where after the long slog and you get that small upgrade, life seems incredible :D

Groups 90% of the time,pretty sure everyone is aware solo isnt as efficient as grouping up , never bought a thing on the AH.
    I got bored of the game within 3 weeks of release ,only came back recently for loot 2.0 patch so the AH was never a feature i used.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, Finally got few upgrades for my Crusader. Managed to bump up my dps to 390k and toughness to 4.7mil. I found a set item Plans. A one hander Axe with lots of holy dps. I guess Crusader toy. I have to say droping difficulty from Master to Experts was best thing I did.

so a little Pro tip lads: Keep all level 70 white gear, you never know which one you will need for Crafting! I need now an axe, which I have taken a part maybe 10 times and when I need one for crafting - feck all drop! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well, Finally got few upgrades for my Crusader. Managed to bump up my dps to 390k and toughness to 4.7mil. I found a set item Plans. A one hander Axe with lots of holy dps. I guess Crusader toy. I have to say droping difficulty from Master to Experts was best thing I did.

so a little Pro tip lads: Keep all level 70 white gear, you never know which one you will need for Crafting! I need now an axe, which I have taken a part maybe 10 times and when I need one for crafting - feck all drop! :pac:

There's a few levels in Act 5 I thought would be ideal for that - the templar's side quest and a few of the other houses around the start of Act 5 have buckets of armour and weapon stands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My crusader hit lv60 last night and I equipped my barbs pre-ros skorn. Felt like God mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lads you don't need legendaries to get well geared. I have terrible luck with legendaries and sets but I hit 1million DPS and 9 mill toughness unbuffed with just rares.

You can fully gear up using enchanting by rerolling rares that are one stat off where they need to be. Most legendaries are just items that can roll 20% higher than rares in that slot and more often than not a rare with 4 well rolled primaries will be very hard to replace.

Also a good general rule to follow when gearing with rares is go for all out DPS stats on rings, gloves, amulets and bracers then go for toughness (VIT, All Res, Armour) and your primary stat on the rest.

So I made this. Not bad for 1hander, I guess it will still drop my over all DPS, but a lot more resourge regen? I am still trying to get socket in it, but do far few rolls and I cant do it. :mad:

I presume it is some Crusader set?
    Screenshot008_zpsf722df34.jpg

Oh yeah, I finally did my first rift. I presume when I kill stuff that bars fills up and then boss spawns? Boss has a very high chance of droping Legendaries? As he did droped me some fancy Legendary and one Legendary mat. What should I do with those key fragments? I got 68 right now. I can only do easy mode Expert right now. Do I save them up until I can do torment? Or do I team up with someone and do Torment? Or I just go and do it on Expert?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Lads you don't need legendaries to get well geared. I have terrible luck with legendaries and sets but I hit 1million DPS and 9 mill toughness unbuffed with just rares.

You can fully gear up using enchanting by rerolling rares that are one stat off where they need to be. Most legendaries are just items that can roll 20% higher than rares in that slot and more often than not a rare with 4 well rolled primaries will be very hard to replace.

Also a good general rule to follow when gearing with rares is go for all out DPS stats on rings, gloves, amulets and bracers then go for toughness (VIT, All Res, Armour) and your primary stat on the rest.

Very true, i got quite a few legendaries that have worse stats than rare yellow gear.

Just saw this over on diablo fans

I'm at the stage I'm disenchanting most legendary drops (oh hai, here's another legendary weapon you don't give a damn about because you already got 19% cold damage on your existing legendary 1h weapon) and don't bother to pick up yellow (about 1/3rd yellow and rest legendary). The biggest frustration though is to get the recipies I need; I've been farming the specific drops but now I need the matching recipies for the gear as well :(

Good thing I'm saving up those shards for (hopefully) future team runs when they will drop :)

Oh yeah, I finally did my first rift. I presume when I kill stuff that bars fills up and then boss spawns?
    Yes, the bar jumps higher when you kill blues and yellows, but you essentially slaughter packs until the bar fills where the "Rift Guardian" then spawns
    Boss has a very high chance of droping Legendaries? As he did droped me some fancy Legendary and one Legendary mat.
    Not that I am aware off, might be somewhat slightly higher, but it is a good source for shards and gear. Must check to be sure about legendary drop rate.
    What should I do with those key fragments? I got 68 right now.
    Rifft key fragments? They open rifts. You get these from completing a full run of bounties, and you get a cache. This then drops keys which you need to open Rifts. If you have plenty, keep running Rifts. Until you run out then do your bounties again.
    I can only do easy mode Expert right now. Do I save them up until I can do torment? Or do I team up with someone and do Torment? Or I just go and do it on Expert?

What DPS you got at the moment and HP? If you play mostly solo, I'd say use your keys to do rifts at the level you can comfortably clear at. Rifts are your primary source of upgrades via drops and the shards you collect.

If your happy at Expert run your rifts there until you get upgrades. While there is certain legendaries that only drop in Torment, you can get the same beefy yellows at expert level.

I started Torment 1 in a group, operating with 300k DPS. I'm at 500k dps now and can clear Torment 1 quickly and without issue, I've moved up to Torment 2 last night where again I was clearing quickly, so I'll be looking at Torment 3 from now on.

Each increase in Torment level boosts the return of XP for Paragon levels, but also the rate of drops and their quality. From Torment 1 onwards, you shuld most probably always get a yellow minimum from a blue pack and harder.

Are people still having lag issues or is it just UPC having major dropouts in their service?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Are people still having lag issues or is it just UPC having major dropouts in their service?

I played it for a few hours the last few nights (since the warning from Blizzard) and didn't have any problems. I'm on Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Played this for about 2 weeks back when it launched. Didn't get it right at launch so didn't suffer any of the server woes etc, was stable enough when I played, just got a bit bored.

Not that interested in picking up the expansion, so is the base game significantly improved?

This is my pingpath and tracert for EU servers
    Pingpath

Tracing route to 213-155-155-233.customer.teliacarrier.com [213.155.155.233]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    0 Home [192.168.0.101]
    1 192.168.0.1
    2 109.255.154.1
    3 109.255.255.254
    4 84.116.238.42
    5 84.116.134.125
    6 nl-ams02a-rd2-xe-5-0-1.aorta.net [84.116.130.33]
    7 84.116.135.182
    8 adm-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.12.133]
    9 * * *
    Computing statistics for 200 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    0 Home [192.168.0.101]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    1 17ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.0.1
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    2 28ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 109.255.154.1
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    3 17ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 109.255.255.254
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    4 31ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 84.116.238.42
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    5 26ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 84.116.134.125
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    6 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% nl-ams02a-rd2-xe-5-0-1.aorta.net [84.116.130.33]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    7 37ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 84.116.135.182
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    8 55ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% adm-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.12.133]

Trace complete.
    Tracert

Tracing route to 213-155-155-233.customer.teliacarrier.com [213.155.155.233]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 4 ms 10 ms 5 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 14 ms 12 ms 14 ms 109.255.154.1
    3 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 109.255.255.254
    4 31 ms 30 ms 34 ms 84.116.238.42
    5 32 ms 36 ms 31 ms 84.116.134.125
    6 30 ms 31 ms 33 ms nl-ams02a-rd2-xe-5-0-1.aorta.net [84.116.130.33]
    7 32 ms 30 ms 31 ms 84.116.135.182
    8 32 ms 33 ms 33 ms adm-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.12.133]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Some awares me what I'm looking at.

• Advertisement

Lads, what rune do you use on crusaders Akarats Champion? I am trying to use the one that reduces cooldown, but I am not sure if it works right. Sometimes it reduces Cd like Crazy and sometimes it does not even move!

Lads, what rune do you use on crusaders Akarats Champion? I am trying to use the one that reduces cooldown, but I am not sure if it works right. Sometimes it reduces Cd like Crazy and sometimes it does not even move!

It has a 50% chance to reduce CD on damage so if you're just standing there swinging a 2 hander it's not going to do much for you but if you have lots of ticks from heavens fury or are using blessed hammer with the lightning arc then it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    It has a 50% chance to reduce CD on damage so if you're just standing there swinging a 2 hander it's not going to do much for you but if you have lots of ticks from heavens fury or are using blessed hammer with the lightning arc then it works great.

I was gonna post about this but didn't bother. Using Blessed Hammer with thunderstruck and i was getting no procs for the full duration of Akarats Champ. This happened about 3 times i tried it so i went back to firestarter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are servers acting up for others tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are servers acting up for others tonight?

Yep, RIP hardcore players.. Again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

For some reason I never copped on that gems (rubies in particular) can make levelling hilariously easy.

I stuck a flawless imperial ruby into my DH's bow and his damage went from 900 to 9000.

Needless to say I cranked the difficulty up to Torment 1 and I'm levelling about 1 level every 5 minutes at the moment.

I'd imagine I'll hit a wall around level 50 or so but it's plain sailing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Gbear wrote: »
    For some reason I never copped on that gems (rubies in particular) can make levelling hilariously easy.

I stuck a flawless imperial ruby into my DH's bow and his damage went from 900 to 9000.

Needless to say I cranked the difficulty up to Torment 1 and I'm levelling about 1 level every 5 minutes at the moment.

I'd imagine I'll hit a wall around level 50 or so but it's plain sailing at the moment.

Yes, and you can get pretty much +40% xp from a helmet socket too.

I was gonna post about this but didn't bother. Using Blessed Hammer with thunderstruck and i was getting no procs for the full duration of Akarats Champ. This happened about 3 times i tried it so i went back to firestarter

After playing more with the Thunderstruck build tonight Akarats does seem a little buggy with it. Sometimes it will proc so often CD's refresh every 3 or 4 seconds and then other times it won't proc at all. Also Condemn doesn't refresh at all with Akarats.

Gbear wrote: »

I did 65-70 by just running the rakkis crossing quest without gear on torment 6. Lucky with spawns so didn't take long

• Advertisement

I got my wizard from 65-70 in about 45 mins running a royal audience quest over a few times on torment.

Advertisement