Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gah; you guys keep on reminding me I still need to finish my crusader (and I guess I should bring my WD to 70 as well but not overly caring to be honest; to close to Wizard in style) but I'm to busy working on getting the gear for my wizard (specifically been farming the legendary crafting items and currently 1 item away from Pony land).

Which reminds me; anyone got a good suggestion were to get recipies? I'm missing two or three Jewlery once (I think) and I have a severe lack of the set once for blacksmithing (I got the drops but not the recipies to use them).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Branoic wrote: »
    Played this for about 2 weeks back when it launched. Didn't get it right at launch so didn't suffer any of the server woes etc, was stable enough when I played, just got a bit bored.

Not that interested in picking up the expansion, so is the base game significantly improved?

I haven't picked up the expansion but after reading about the base game changes I decided to fire it up again a couple of nights ago. I had a level 35 Demon Hunter and as far as I can recall from when I first played it, I had gotten bored after I was getting lousy drops and was getting thumped on my second playthrough. Within less than an hour of restarting, I had changed almost all my gear for far, far superior kit and I am enjoying playing it again. It's well worth another look, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn, I got expansion for friend last night. So while he was leveling barb from 60 to 70 I decided to tag a long in DH. My skills were all over the place it took me a while just to set it to default and then work from there.
    So he had to go off on level 67 and I just continued... Up until 3:00 ffs. Got level 70, 550k dps and 2.9mil toughness with a lot of 61 yellows etc... crusader is getting a break from now on. It just feels so Damn underpowered! I just steam roll with DH the stuff crusader dies on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Damn, I got expansion forums friend last night. So while he was leveling barb from 60 to 70 I decided to tag a long in DH. My skills were all over the place it took me a while just to set it to default and then work from there.
    So he had to go off on level 67 and I just continued... Up until 3:00 ffs. Got level 70, 550k dps and 2.9mil toughness with a lot of 61 yellows etc... crusader is getting a break from now on. It just feels so Damn underpowered! I just steam roll with DH the stuff crusader dies on.

Yep. It does.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hmmmmm

Had anyone else been having Framerate dips when playing?

I've turned shadows down and all to see of it works. It's only Diablo doing it on me :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Damn, I got expansion for friend last night. So while he was leveling barb from 60 to 70 I decided to tag a long in DH. My skills were all over the place it took me a while just to set it to default and then work from there.

Is there any quick levelling boosts or things? ****ing raging I missed both the bonus XP timeframes and the exploit to basically insta ding a 60.

I've a Barb I REALLY enjoy and want to level up with my Wizard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is there any quick levelling boosts or things? ****ing raging I missed both the bonus XP timeframes and the exploit to basically insta ding a 60.

Best way to lvl solo atleast i found is run the quest on act 2 a royal audience over and over on torment, it takes about 2 minutes to complete the quest and about 25-30% of a level each time.
    I went from 65-70 this way in about 45 mins solo, and its not an exploit.

Rakkis crossing on torment 6.

Keep making games and redoing the spy glass quest

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm level 45 on my barb...its cool to do this at that level ?

I'm level 45 on my barb...its cool to do this at that level ?

I did it without gear on as you'll die on torment 6 from one shot. Have you unlocked adventure mode on another character?

• Advertisement

Rakkis crossing on torment 6.

Keep making games and redoing the spy glass quest

Tried it there, 15 times and no spawn lol must be fixed or my typical bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

forget that run.

Make a bounty game on t6. what ever level you are.
    Act 4, "clear the hell rift"

If it's sledge or hammersmash, remake.

Get someone level 70 to run to level 2 and insta kill stuff.

gg wp super xp and gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I think the chance of that guy spawning is like 20%, just did it a few times.. not too bad tbh. Got level 1-8 in 2 turn ins. Guess its good for anyone that doesn't have someone to boost them.

Anyone know a good barb build that doesnt use whirlwind?
    I could research for some but if theres a half decent one id be grateful, doubt barb will be my main so just something that isnt WW and half decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone know a good barb build that doesnt use whirlwind?
    I could research for some but if theres a half decent one id be grateful, doubt barb will be my main so just something that isnt WW and half decent.

The one I use is successful, cleave and rend.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dermighty-2365/hero/36464834

Using it for Torment 2 adventure mode. 6m toughness and 400k dps. 40k healing.

You can change the passives to make yourself tougher.

I haven't changed the build since the expansion was released. When you need health just repeatedly rend and use battle rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Magill wrote: »
    I think the chance of that guy spawning is like 20%, just did it a few times.. not too bad tbh. Got level 1-8 in 2 turn ins. Guess its good for anyone that doesn't have someone to boost them.

levelled a mate from 1-70 in about 50 minutes today doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

got my DH to 645k Dps and 3mil toughness. I did some public torment 1 rift runs. Started very well, but after few runs got some lower level people and after doing last run I decided to call it.

So far DH is really really better then Crusader. Ironicly I survive a lot more with DH then Crusader too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Some good hotfixes are incoming:D
    There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.*

The number of chests that spawn in the following zones has been reduced:*
    Core of Arreat
    Briarthorn Cemetary
    Battlefields of Eternity
    Crag of Eternity

Farming chests was around 5-6 legendaries an hour compared to getting maybe 1 an hour doing rifts which sucked:/

Edit: Hotfix live now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tried it there, 15 times and no spawn lol must be fixed or my typical bad luck.
    Bad luck; I've leveled my Crusader from 47 to 63 in about 2h (exp scale with level so you need just a bit over 2 runs / level basically) and aim to push to 70 tonight and gear up in yellow blood stone gfear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I really don't understand the mentality of players, all there is to do in D3 after you finish the campaign is kill the same monsters over and over. There is pretty much a "difficulty level" to suit your current gear - all that changes from that point forward are the numbers above the head of monsters. You either enjoy that or you don't.

But my mind boggles when I read about players doing "chest runs" - skipping playing the actual game so that you have great gear ... then there's no real point playing the game because after chest farming for days the chances of actually finding anything better by actually playing are now so small that it's now pointless.

When there was an auction house well getting gear for the sake of it (even if you had great gear yourself) had a point, now it has none whatsoever.

I mean I do understand that a lot of gaming is now braggart gaming, the idea that you're playing a game an in your head you're impressing the hell out of other people, which truly is sad beyond words. Still it's the only thing that explains why people would ship the actual game to end up with end-game items so they can now not bother to play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

can anyone link me to some good DH builds, I'm level 70 but not sure my build is up to much

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    can anyone link me to some good DH builds, I'm level 70 but not sure my build is up to much

Search for DH bounty hunter build on YouTube. It was grenade build.

Double xp weekend incoming from 5pm this evening :)

Sorry meant to say +50% xp

Yes! I'm going to start a new game with a coop bud tonight, haven't got around to playing after the patch.
    Sorry not up to speed with all the lingo in here either, I don't have the expansion pack... Do I need to start the game from the beginning if I'm starting a new character now or can I chose the ACT etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Woop!

Must try to get everything up to 70 then, Barbarian is getting boring:(

Final proof that Blizzard hates me; they have to pick the weekend I'm going to the parents in law :(
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yes! I'm going to start a new game with a coop bud tonight, haven't got around to playing after the patch.
    Sorry not up to speed with all the lingo in here either, I don't have the expansion pack... Do I need to start the game from the beginning if I'm starting a new character now or can I chose the ACT etc..
    You can pick from which ever act you want and which ever difficulty level up to Tormet VI; your friend would not be if he's not completed it and killed Diablo previously and is limited to Expert or Master (can't remember which) as max difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Guess its time to start my crusader now with this xp boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Anyone had any problems with using cdkey sites for the expansion pack, any recommendations if not ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sorry meant to say +50% xp

Piss!! I'm away for the weekend, will have to try get some farming done tonight then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

d22ontour wrote: »
    Anyone had any problems with using cdkey sites for the expansion pack, any recommendations if not ?

I got it on fast2play. 27 quid. Got key on release day. Got AC 4 for 15 quid also. I'd not hesitate to go with the again.

Advertisement