Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dcully wrote: »
    Double xp weekend incoming from 5pm this evening :)

Sorry meant to say +50% xp

Yes! DH to lv70

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, do plans drop randomly too? Or there are specific places to farm them?
    I got hallowed set weapon and would love to make some other parts too.

I presume all high level green sets only drop from torment 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Anyone fancy boosting each other ? Really want to get my DH or WD to 70... cba leveling normally..

We can do the T6 boosting thing that RoyalMarine talked about.. taking turns etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Here's a cool chart that shows what drops you get at the varying difficulties:

181nV3p.png

2 of my friends got to 70 today. So we did a normal run, but then decided to give rift torment 1 a go. To my shock we managed to do it and quite efficient! Looks like we will be able to do rift runs now.
    I got a second legendary one hander xbow. Shockingly enough from Kabatroll. Spent 10 souls already trying to roll a socket on it... Bull****.

• Advertisement

Well, Really got pissed off today. 15 ****ing times I tried to reroll that legendary hand Xbow and no socket. So many souls wasted and next reroll over 500k gold. I just fecking destroyed that Xbox so I would have no more temptation to waste more resources and money on it.

Kabala, you are a skank and should be hanged by your tits on nearest tree. If you dont troll by just giving **** items, then the good items you give are trolling at rolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Well, Really got pissed off today. 15 ****ing times I tried to reroll that legendary hand Xbow and no socket. So many souls wasted and next reroll over 500k gold. I just fecking destroyed that Xbox so I would have no more temptation to waste more resources and money on it.

Kabala, you are a skank and should be hanged by your tits on nearest tree. If you dont troll by just giving **** items, then the good items you give are trolling at rolls.

From someone who played WoW, I thought you would understand that the concept of a grind :p

From someone who played WoW, I thought you would understand that the concept of a grind :p

Dude, wow is not as grindy as diablo franchise. I love Diablo and I LOVE this grinding, but sometimes it just really "grinds" your gears. To make it even worse, 4-5 torment 1 rifts we were doing and one of the mages got 7 legendaries with some set items too. I did not got even a single one. Last 2 runs I did not even got a soul from guardian. Needless to say the rest of the part did not even replied to his legendaries pass 4th one! :pac:

I am not bitching about drop rate and derpy derp Blizzard increase drop rates etc. I am just bitching how unlucky fecker I am today. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Quick question: Can you allocate stat points for character now? Played D3 when it first came out, lost interest after a dozen hours for this among other reasons.

Considering getting back into it.

Quick question: Can you allocate stat points for character now? Played D3 when it first came out, lost interest after a dozen hours for this among other reasons.

Considering getting back into it.

Not the basic ones you get from levels 1-70.

After that you Paragon levels, which you can put into various stats - basic ones like Vitality and Intelligence, but also things like Life on Hit, Gold Find, etc.

• Advertisement

So I got in to some stupid ass 3 mage all level 200+++ paragon random party for Torment 1.

Now I am 750k DPS and 3mil toughness. Got endless potion, a few recepies, few legendaries etc.

Overall - fantastic set of rift runs. Going to do a break now.

3 mages, all para 200+ running torment 1??

Jesus... That's sad..

3 mages, all para 200+ running torment 1??

Jesus... That's sad..

Fu, you elitist prick! :pac:

Nah, if I am honest, I have no clue why they were doing T1 runs, we were face rolling everything.

At what level I can bump up torment level for public runs? I can now do easily T1 solo adventure mode.

if you can easily do t1 solo, then try t2 public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Good to hear Crusaders are getting the most attention in the upcoming balance patch.

Found this straw poll interesting. It's pretty much as expected but didn't expect the difference between #1 and #2 to be THAT big!

http://strawpoll.me/1440574/r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Big Knox wrote: »
    Good to hear Crusaders are getting the most attention in the upcoming balance patch.

Found this straw poll interesting. It's pretty much as expected but didn't expect the difference between #1 and #2 to be THAT big!

That should read not in 'RoS' but in 'GENERAL'.

Big Knox wrote: »

there is crusader patch notes?

I did a rift on expert and entered a room full of treasure goblins. Its was a lovely sight until i realised i didn't have enough dps to burst them down in one CD rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

50% XP buff this weekend gentlemen

Wish i didn't waste all my cash pre-RoS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Has anyone managed to get those OP shrine gloves yet? Opened an entire stash tab worth of caches and got 4 shields and 2 cloaks:(

• Advertisement

ugh I'm nearly at 2000 bounties completed. Id reckon 50% of those were act 2 only and not a sign of the gloves...

I had an absolute blast with my Barb today.
    I'd reset quests just before RoS came out so I was only in Act 2. Because of that I'd put him off. But he's back to being my favourite class again.

I took time to savour Act 5 this time around and Blizzard really knocked it out of the park. By far my favourite Act now.

Got a load of loot today - a couple of plans for Born's and Sage's sets, about a dozen legendaries, set items and all that craic.

I got this sword. It didn't roll great attributes but the guaranteed socket and the special chain lighting attack it gives you easily make up for it.

I dunno are you still looking for a whirlwind-free barb build Cully, but after a bit of tweaking I've settled on this.
    Just pissed through a really nice rift that was full of Golgors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I've gotten my WD to 70 now (still trying to figure out a decent build though); not sure if I'll do WH or Monk next or some gear grinding on my Crusader (so poor DPS :( ).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gbear wrote: »
    I had an absolute blast with my Barb today.
    I'd reset quests just before RoS came out so I was only in Act 2. Because of that I'd put him off. But he's back to being my favourite class again.

I took time to savour Act 5 this time around and Blizzard really knocked it out of the park. By far my favourite Act now.

Got a load of loot today - a couple of plans for Born's and Sage's sets, about a dozen legendaries, set items and all that craic.

I got this sword. It didn't roll great attributes but the guaranteed socket and the special chain lighting attack it gives you easily make up for it.

I dunno are you still looking for a whirlwind-free barb build Cully, but after a bit of tweaking I've settled on this.
    Just pissed through a really nice rift that was full of Golgors.

Thanks mate, i got my barb to 70 yesterday but havent really put much thought into a build yet so ill check yours out asap.
    Im sort of torn between wizard and crusader as a main right now, my crusader has better gear than my wiz yet the wiz tears through mobs and difficulty the crusader struggles with.

Tried that build there, very nice, add the barb to the list of of classes that make the crusader seem weak.

Man... wizards get so much all res from int ! Im getting like 700 from int alone ! Probably have too much if im being honest.

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks mate, i got my barb to 70 yesterday but havent really put much thought into a build yet so ill check yours out asap.
    Im sort of torn between wizard and crusader as a main right now, my crusader has better gear than my wiz yet the wiz tears through mobs and difficulty the crusader struggles with.

Tried that build there, very nice, add the barb to the list of of classes that make the crusader seem weak.

Put your crusaders gear on your barb and watch him tear through stuff. Crusaders need a buff.

I watched a hardcore vid where the crusader realised he didn't have enough dps to solo belial before the enrage. He had to pop akkarat champion with the rez rune and leave game. He died during the 10 seconds and was brough back to full health just before log out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Agreed with that, got mine to 70 on hardcore and it's direly slow at killing anything above normal.
    Did one torment 1 bounty run with my mate who's playing a 1.3mil dps wizard, couldn't even nearly compete with that, so i just ran as a buff & minion machine. Still prefer the dh over it.
    With the same amount of toughness, the dh is just far superior at staying alive, even without a shield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im considering dropping the crusader until they fix the class,both my wiz and barb with lesser gear are so much better its unreal.

Yup, I moved from crusader to DH myself. When I am doing public rift runs I try to join games with no more then 1 crusader too. In one game we had 2 and it was bollox.

• Advertisement

Yup, I moved from crusader to DH myself. When I am doing public rift runs I try to join games with no more then 1 crusader too. In one game we had 2 and it was bollox.

It's like the TBC ret pally.

"LFM SH HC"
    /joins party and finds ret pally
    /leaves party

Advertisement