Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Today was a good day in diablo!

Finally got myself a second hand xbow. It's actually better then the one I had too. Thanks Kabala.. It took only 10 rerolls to get socket...
    Got myself a full Ashara set now. Easy to make, due to mats farming being so sneakily easy. Set is not perfect rolled, but it is a fantastic set. Set bonuses are just pure awesome, but be ready to work on your followers gear :D.
    So now I am at 860k dps and 5.6mil toughness. Tormemt 1 is pretty much easy mode runs solo. Group torment 2 easy enough if we don't have crusaders in group! :pac:

I need to work on my rings and head. All are just horrible. I did not payed much attention to rings and I realised only now how bad those are... I have actually destroyed so many legendary ones...

I am still not confident enough for hardcore character. Some day though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The first time in hardcore that you barely survive an arcane molten desecrater waller pack will forever scar your memory.

Guys, can I get a few tips on how start off hardcore character in current form? Like what difficulty to start off, solo leveling or in party etc.

I am pretty sure, that I will be leveling crusader on hc after the buff patch. 2 of my friends might join too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Easy to make, due to mats farming being so sneakily easy.

Do share , im finding legendary mats annoying as hell to come by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    I'd guess it depends on the mat in general; I got some items stacked up multiple times waiting for recipies while others I got recipies and hours of farming with out getting the mats (legendary spawn with rare drop). One way is to go for the bounties in and check if they are named (but that's not really overly reliable as it can be there with out being the bounty).

• Advertisement

Guys, can I get a few tips on how start off hardcore character in current form? Like what difficulty to start off, solo leveling or in party etc.

I am pretty sure, that I will be leveling crusader on hc after the buff patch. 2 of my friends might join too.

As it's your first toon on hc, you'll have to do the campaign to unlock adventure mode. Loads of pug groups for those.
    Do the campaign on normal.
    When it's all complete, spam normal adventure bounties til you have enough dps to move onto hard. (again pug's, split bounties)
    No point in going to expert til 70.
    Even if the xp is way better it takes way longer to kill anything. And you'll need a fcukton of gold for 70. Don't even bother even picking up gems til marquise gems drop.

When you ding 60 and marqs start dropping, gear for all resist on chest with three sockets and gem for DPS HP and AR, depending on your gear. I tend to aim for around 800k dps and 8mil toughness (healing matters but it's not as important if you cant take a hit)

Simply put, get as much AR as you can, (paragon helps)
    get your health to above 500k
    DPS to 800k
    Toughness to 8million
    and gear your followers with whatever you can. (Maximus if you can find one, on the enchantress is awesome)
    Try not to spend any gold as you level because you'll need tonnes of it to enchant, and upgrade gems. Repairs dont cost much as you wont die.. much :P

Above all, dont try to do a harder difficulty until you can onehit trash on your current difficulty. Once you can do that on Expert, you can cautiously do torment without too much fuss.

be wary of having super dps and low toughness too, one nasty vortex molten, or reflect pack and you're history.

tldr: stack toughness, save gold, dont get cocky.

Dcully wrote: »

It's more due to the particular mat being easy to get. The mob that drops it is just next to portal every time you restart. So you can get all 4 mats very easy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's more due to the particular mat being easy to get. The mob that drops it is just next to portal every time you restart. So you can get all 4 mats very easy.
    Act 3 at the special event with the elevator? Guardian something drop?

Nody wrote: »
    Act 3 at the special event with the elevator? Guardian something drop?

Nope, act 2, the snake dude on the bridge right before aqueduct. You kill him, then go inside, log out. Login, walk back on the bridge, kick him in a face, then go back in the aqueduct and log off. Rinse and repeat.
    That mat is for Ashera set only. I got lucky to have plans. I will be doing it for any character that I will play with as it is a great set and very easy to get ( well, unless you unlucky with white parts)

Nope, act 2, the snake dude on the bridge right before aqueduct. You kill him, then go inside, log out. Login, walk back on the bridge, kick him in a face, then go back in the aqueduct and log off. Rinse and repeat.
    That mat is for Ashera set only. I got lucky to have plans. I will be doing it for any character that I will play with as it is a great set and very easy to get ( well, unless you unlucky with white parts)
    Similar way on act 3 with the Guardian set as well except you do a small event and as a side bonus you get to pick up keys of hate (7 Guardian tokens and 2 keys when I was farming it for a few hours on T1/T2). To bad I don't have the Guardian patterns though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is anyone else getting bored?

I've played around 100 hours since release yet I haven't gotten a single upgrade in almost a week as I've reached the point where random rares/legendaries no longer benefit me so I need specific items that just wont drop. Getting maybe 1 legendary every 1-2 hours and then seeing it is another useless 2h weapon or some piece of armour that didn't even roll a main stat really takes the fun out of the game.

Playing is becoming more of a chore with unrewarding/underwhelming rifts and bounties(Opening a stash tab full of caches, See a bunch of legendaries drop and they all turn out to be the same item for a class I am not even playing...).

I really wish that rifts were more like the map system from Path of Exile, The maps were as rewarding/challenging as the player wanted and things were always different. It would be so much better than the current system of doing boring zone after boring zone hoping for the occasional decent rare/elite density maps with no variety:(

Heres an example of as Path of Exile map:

map_rare.png

A system like that would allow some variety in gameplay rather than just making mobs stronger.

I'd be hard pushed to find a yellow upgrade (would be 1% increase on cold damage or +5 int while all other stats were similar basically) but that don't stop me from grinding out paragon levels and going for the rare set pieces instead. Yea, seeing the 2347u109341 2 hander drop (my Crusader already picked one from the previous once thank you!) is disapointing or yet another ring (I can't get a good legendary ring to save me, still run one yellow) but that's all part of Diablo after all.

Here we go with PoE again... :rolleyes:

I dont know, I am still having fun. I play with other friends over vent too. Already planing on my HC character.

One thing I would actually love to see - some sort of ladder system. I think someone mentioned that they will try add it with some patches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent got a single upgrade on my crusader [my main for now] in over a week.
    Any Legendaries or rares that drop are uselsss to me,ive salvaged so many its unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What did people do for endgame in Diablo 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

What did people do for endgame in Diablo 2?

Did Baal boss runs and cow level runs.....Now i think about it i would not play Diablo 2 today like i did back when LoD was released. PvP was also a bigger thing in Diablo 2.

I remember i quit when i got a Titan's Fury from Baal one run, leveled a Javazon, then quit when the game was faceroll easymode because of that weapon

The PoE map system is really great but the gameplay/combat in that game is just.........ugh

No real upgrades for me today, but I got leggings from some DH set. no use for me now even if I reroll it as I will lose my current set bonus.

The beauty and a Curse of Set items :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Actual patch note :pac: :

Malthael is now much more afraid, and will more consistently drop the Reaper's Fear Legendary crafting material

Got demon Hide set Plans just now lol. I can make 5 level 70 sets now lol. Looks like a nice set. When patch hits europe I might be farming stuff for Crusader. Demon hide set and Halloewed set will work like a charm! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Damn you Shadow!! :( I have no lvl 70 set plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Damn you Shadow!! :( I have no lvl 70 set plans!

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, by the time he gets all the gems needed to make those sets you will have probably found the items in the game yourself. :P

Shiny wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, by the time he gets all the gems needed to make those sets you will have probably found the items in the game yourself. :P

Another set plans droped. I got 6 in total or something? :P

Gems? I got 170 Marques gems of each now. No green ones though. Being DH sucks! :D

The legendary mats will drop like crazy after patch too. Royal Marine was right, you pretty much craft your gear now. I got like a ton of weapon Plans too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Crusaders don't use blessed shield - shattering tomorrow if you play hardcore. It one shots your character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Shiny wrote: »

Patch coming tonight is changing the requirements :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Maybe with the buffs in this patch i can move up to T1 with my 450k DPS and 8m Toughness Crusader. So sad. With those stats any other class would be in T1 already no bother.

Patch coming tonight is changing the requirements :)

Is it out already for Europe? I though last night was only US.
    I am waiting for this patch to start a non Pussy aka hardcore character. :)

Second night in a row I have dreams of me doing rift runs on my Demon hunter. I think I am playing diablo just a wee bit too much lately...

the patch is on euro servers, just installed it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Maybe with the buffs in this patch i can move up to T1 with my 450k DPS and 8m Toughness Crusader. So sad. With those stats any other class would be in T1 already no bother.

My crusader is 497k damage/8.2m tough, and he utterly destroys T1 - even with 4 players in he pretty much one-shots elite packs. What slows him down is he doesn't have a lot of sustained dps to deal with all the trash, so I'm not sure what problems you're having with T1 - maybe consider changing some skills?

• Advertisement

got my hc crusader to 766k dps, and 11million toughness..

Did one rift in torment, and the trash and packs were easy, the guardian was a bit dicey because it was that fiery whirlwind act 2 thing that summons adds, but it was also in an act three rift area with lots of fire grate things, so yeah..

Feels balanced, properly balanced with other classes, maybe even stronger than some.

Some changes not in the patchnotes that i noticed, healing/xp shrines etc.. will be blotted out when they've been used on your minimap. The icons on the gambler have been changed, and from my own experience - spent 160 shards on chests and legs, got 2 legendary chests - she's been buffed?

Advertisement