Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So apparently wizards got a major nerf? It didn't seem that way from the patch notes but the forums are full of crying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So apparently wizards got a major nerf? It didn't seem that way from the patch notes but the forums are full of crying :D

God bless! All you could see, was a bunch of **** with Frost orb and electrocute yoke! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just reading the notes now, and that's some buffing of the WD's fire skills.

Still can't decide on which character to level up on Hc, I am between Barb, Crusader or Witch doctor.

By the way, you know achievement for leveling 2x of one class. Can you do it with one softcover and one hardcore char?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

(Level 70 crafted sets no longer require Flawless Royal gems and instead now require Marquise gems
    The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased
    This matches the drop rate of Death's Breaths
    Death's Breaths are no longer required for level 61-70 Rare crafting recipes
    Bug Fix: Legendary crafted shields now provide the correct amount of Block Value for their level)

Have they really reduced the gem requirement that much? Flawless Royals where rather expensive, especially for those of us that quit the game for a while and never played the AH, but the cost was still achievable through Bounty and Rift runs. But to drop it four levels?

No mention on Chiltara fix. Still need that Gibbering Gem Stone. Been farming it last few nights now (I know Chiltara is a super rare, but they have admitted that the spawn chance is bugged, and if your lucky enough to get her to spawn, she still may not drop the GGS), and I can now say I hate the Icefall Caves. Prob seeing them 80% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Still can't decide on which character to level up on Hc, I am between Barb, Crusader or Witch doctor.

By the way, you know achievement for leveling 2x of one class. Can you do it with one softcover and one hardcore char?

I think they're separate achievements for soft and hardcore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll let you know tonight; I'm Frost orb / Electro goes through enemy build so we'll see. I can always switch to another ice based main spell if need be (got +39% cold damage) but I'm geared for +% on both atm which would be annoying (and costly!) to have to change around again but as you noted nothing major in the patch notes.
    Just reading the notes now, and that's some buffing of the WD's fire skills.
    As soon as I saw the notes I started saving gear to make a fire WD out of mine which also helps for the future (cold Wizard, Fire WD) :P
    (Level 70 crafted sets no longer require Flawless Royal gems and instead now require Marquise gems
    The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased
    This matches the drop rate of Death's Breaths
    Death's Breaths are no longer required for level 61-70 Rare crafting recipes
    Bug Fix: Legendary crafted shields now provide the correct amount of Block Value for their level)
    The big thing is the drop rate; not the gem though. Death's Breaths is what, 15% on T1 or something like that which is a huge increase in recipe drop rate.
    No mention on Chiltara fix. Still need that Gibbering Gem Stone. Been farming it last few nights now (I know Chiltara is a super rare, but they have admitted that the spawn chance is bugged, and if your lucky enough to get her to spawn, she still may not drop the GGS), and I can now say I hate the Icefall Caves. Prob seeing them 80% of the time.
    Know the feeling; last piece I need and I farmed it for 2 days straight before reading about the bugged drop rate. I stopped farming to wait until they upped it instead because I was so damn tired of the zone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

They are all really safe picks for HC. WD is one of the best solo classes cause you can have up to 7 (if built) different pets to take enemy agro away from yourself. If your playing in a group then see what your friends are playing and choose accordingly
    pH wrote: »
    My crusader is 497k damage/8.2m tough, and he utterly destroys T1 - even with 4 players in he pretty much one-shots elite packs. What slows him down is he doesn't have a lot of sustained dps to deal with all the trash, so I'm not sure what problems you're having with T1 - maybe consider changing some skills?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aeOiXQ!abSe!ZZZYcb

Playing on HC so i feel my Iron Skin (Flash) and Champion of Akarat (Varies) is a must. Buff patch is live now so gonna experiment with some builds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

They are all really safe picks for HC. WD is one of the best solo classes cause you can have up to 7 (if built) different pets to take enemy agro away from yourself. If your playing in a group then see what your friends are playing and choose accordingly

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aeOiXQ!abSe!ZZZYcb

Playing on HC so i feel my Iron Skin (Flash) and Champion of Akarat (Varies) is a must. Buff patch is live now so gonna experiment with some builds...

Try the blessed hammer build I posted a day or so ago. It wasn't buffed much but it didn't need to be it wrecks stuff. You can sub out Judgement for Iron skin also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yea I could farm T1 with out blinking and now I'll die instead. My Frozen orb damage is down by at least 35% on crits (can't break 4 Mil vs. previous beyond 6 Mil) so the whole build is out the window and all the gear I got needs to be changed.

Will see what, if any, Wizard build comes out as viable as the only thing Wizard has going for it was AoE damage and if that's nerfed heavily while other classes got buffed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Servers very laggy despite showing low latency. Got DC'd just before i completed a rift :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I got myself that Frost Ray offhand the other night so at least have a frozen spec to fall back on...

I do think this sort of points out one major flaw with Blizzards enchantment/gear design. Im sure a lot of people have magic school or spell specific gear, any major changes to one spec can make a persons gear obsolete and unless they've used their single enchant on that affix there's nothing you can really do but get new gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I saw that electrocute was fiddled with and the "proc scalar" for Surge of Power was reduced. What does that mean?

Servers very laggy despite showing low latency. Got DC'd just before i completed a rift :(

About 5 people died from DC in my clan today. Got DC'd once on my Crusader and was lucky enough to survive. Played an alt right after that and didn't get DC'd once. Blizz you so troll.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If you can confirm you died by DC in hardcore, do they revive the character? or is it tough titties?

nix wrote: »
    If you can confirm you died by DC in hardcore, do they revive the character? or is it tough titties?

Under no circumstances will they restore your character, even if its "their fault"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Under no circumstances will they restore your character, even if its "their fault"

Holy moly supa lame!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

That's not true. They have recently restored characters lost to bugs.

DC is not a bug at the end of the day.

Started a HC barb. She is level 15 now. I love her already. Starting everything from the scratch is a lot of fun too.

jabberwock wrote: »
    That's not true. They have recently restored characters lost to bugs.

DC is not a bug at the end of the day.

There's also a disclaimer before you roll a hardcore character, they can throw that back at you anytime they want. Last year you could mail them about a DC (fake dc or real) and they'd restore the character, but there was a blue post a few months ago stating that they will never do that again for hardcore.

Even if a bug does cause the death of a toon, they most likely will point you to the disclaimer. This is part of the reason why i keep loads of low level legendarys in my stash, and try to keep a few million gold as a float for the inevitable death of whatever hc toon i'm playing. The amount of characters i've lost to lag spikes and dc's is unreal. Of course, they're good excuses to use on being incredibly stupid and/or cocky with pulling more than you can manage or chasing that gobbo through an arcane waller pack :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Hey all,

A series of hotfixes will be deployed today making more adjustments to overall reward structures within the game.

I wanted to take a minute to explain the reasons for the changes that we are making. A driving goal of our design has been to make killing monsters feel rewarding, we want you all to find tons of cool items that you are excited about but more importantly we want you to have fun while doing it.

Rifts have always been intended to be the most efficient play method in the game, currently they aren’t for a number of reasons. Part of this has to do with the high level of efficiency in farming that players find doing things like farming Manglemaw, Razorclaw and any other number of unique monsters. Another contributing element is that farming chests without having to actually fight monsters is far more effective than actually fighting the monsters. It is very important to us that chests are exciting to find and feel rewarding but presently they are far too common and reliable to farm in certain areas of the game.

Finally Kadala, she has always been intended to give players some degree of control over their item upgrades. While we don’t want players to simply pick and choose from a list of items at an excessively high cost, we do want you to have an answer to the question “How do I upgrade my boots?” Kadala is meant to be that answer, she is meant to give you some direct control over the types of items you find. Since we are increasing the overall reward structure of the game she is also going to be increasing but by a larger amount than the rest of the changes since she didn't feel rewarding enough to us.

Without further delay here is a list of the changes that will be coming in the hotfix.

The Bad!
    Unique monsters now drop less items.
    *Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
    *Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.

The Good!
    The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
    *This means that while in a rift your chance to find a legendary item from monsters, chests, elites, and everything else is double what it is outside of rifts. No this does not mean opening bounty bags in rifts is the new hotness. ;P

Kadala’s legendary drop rate has been significantly increased.
    *Blood Shards are meant to be a compelling element of rift rewards and something players are excited to get.

Loot is an incredibly important aspect of Diablo games and we will continue to keep a very close eye on it. If more problems arise we will continue striving to address them. It isn’t our goal to take loot away from people, we just want to make sure they are having as much fun as possible while finding it and these changes all support that goal.

Good hunting and link the loot!

Travis Day

:) good news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So thats 2.5% drop chance from elites? Great news:D

Kadala can just right off feck off. 2x500 shards today and last night - not a single legendary.

Anyway.... My HC barb is level 31 and still alive. I did got some weird random disconect once for no reason at all... I jumped back in asap and all was fine. I never had those before ( I dont count those ddos attacks ).

I just killed Belial, it was pure easy mode. I am playing on normal difficulty as I was told here. I sort of would like to bump it up a bit, but I dont want to lose character on something stupid.

So far, so good! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

There's also a disclaimer before you roll a hardcore character, they can throw that back at you anytime they want. Last year you could mail them about a DC (fake dc or real) and they'd restore the character, but there was a blue post a few months ago stating that they will never do that again for hardcore.

Even if a bug does cause the death of a toon, they most likely will point you to the disclaimer. This is part of the reason why i keep loads of low level legendarys in my stash, and try to keep a few million gold as a float for the inevitable death of whatever hc toon i'm playing. The amount of characters i've lost to lag spikes and dc's is unreal. Of course, they're good excuses to use on being incredibly stupid and/or cocky with pulling more than you can manage or chasing that gobbo through an arcane waller pack :D

At no point in the early days did any restore happen for a DC.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427743198#5
    This bug has resulted in some HC heroes being restored.
    Lag or DC is not a bug.

If you find the other blue post i mentioned, that was posted a few months back it relates directly to characters being restored and the service being stopped entirely

ascended shields are the new legendarys, the drop rate for those are atrociously bad.

Really want that holy power on the hallowed shield :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm loving barb as whirlwind spec. Lv 68 so going to level up to lv70 then kill malt for the first time leg.

Can someone explain split bounties? Do we do different bounties in same act or complete the bounties in an act on our own?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kadala can just right off feck off. 2x500 shards today and last night - not a single legendary.

Threw five shards at her last night and got a legendary helm :)

Also picked up a new ring. Both significant upgrades.

I also got Firewalker boots, that while on the base is the same stats as my existing boots, it's adds a trail of fire that follows me around damaging enemies, unreal for kiting.

Fiddled with some gear and re-rolls ( ran out of Arcane dust), changed some passives and improved some gems and am now up to 750k. I've a bit more vitality then I would like, but sure you can't ever have too much HP :D

REALLY need a new weapon to be honest, I'm absolutely sweating for an Azurewrath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The 15% damage reduction was enough to make the step up to T4 solo on the sader and stay efficient. Also got the 50% CD reduction on Heavens Fury shield with awesome rolls last night. Felt good after a few days of bad drops.

Just missing a good lightning Andariels now to really finish the build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Torment 1 Diablo dropped 2 set items, torment 2 Diablo only legendary gloves.
    Torment 1 total run got me 4 set items, torment 2 total run no set items at all.

Advertisement