Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ran 3 T1 rifts there on my crusader, first one 3 legendaries all useless to me and a set chest for demon hunter, i mean ffs blizz.
    Second and third rifts nothing but rare crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    Ran 3 T1 rifts there on my crusader, first one 3 legendaries all useless to me and a set chest for demon hunter, i mean ffs blizz.
    Second and third rifts nothing but rare crap.

You got 3 legendaries from one rift and you're complaining? :P

Big Knox wrote: »
    You got 3 legendaries from one rift and you're complaining? :P

All 3 were total rubbish ,my point being it was a great run of luck but nothing of use.
    Then the set item for a class i wasnt even playing takes the biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

All 3 were total rubbish ,my point being it was a great run of luck but nothing of use.
    Then the set item for a class i wasnt even playing takes the biscuit.

rng.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

got these earlier today while on a rift run.

Just need 1 more piece to complete the set and I'll be able to make an achon only build :)

LKlNA03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Jeez that's some set bonus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

got these earlier today while on a rift run.

Just need 1 more piece to complete the set and I'll be able to make an achon only build :)
    I'll settle for getting my second piece >.< oh and I've started leveling up my monk (36 now) to replace my Wizard.

rng.jpg

dont get it man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dont get it man

It's random nature of the game. I had runs where I had 4-5 legendary drop and my buddy not a single one. Same way my buddy had a shower of legendaries and feck all for me.

It's all about luck m8.

It's random nature of the game. I had runs where I had 4-5 legendary drop and my buddy not a single one. Same way my buddy had a shower of legendaries and feck all for me.

It's all about luck m8.

haha i know that mate, i meant i dont get the pic above :o

My point is drop a set item for DH drops when im playing on crusader?
    First lvl 70 set item to drop for me too lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

haha i know that mate, i meant i dont get the pic above :o

My point is drop a set item for DH drops when im playing on crusader?
    First lvl 70 set item to drop for me too lol.

I've gotten 2 set pieces today, 1 for a witch doctor and another for a monk.. I feel your pain:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

K2yEdYr.jpg

BOOM! with my ring, I now have the full set bonus! It's EPIC!

At the moment, im still trying to get more cooldown, but it's 40 seconds without archon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dont get it man

Giorgio Tsoukalos who's in the meme known from the show ancient aliens with the answer "Aliens" to almost every question asked.

to be fair he's a pretty interesting guy, even if his hair has the power of hypnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

K2yEdYr.jpg

BOOM! with my ring, I now have the full set bonus! It's EPIC!

At the moment, im still trying to get more cooldown, but it's 40 seconds without archon.

I've Vyr pants and wouldnt mind the set for an ARchon build, Tal Rasha is what I'm after for my frozen orb build and then obviouslly the fire set for a fire build. Longterm plan obviously, but would enable me to change specs with relevant gear. Just don't seem to get set items AT ALL

Cmere to me, what are you doing farmwise to get these, I'm BARELY getting set drops, plenty of legendaries, no sets though.

Looked like you accrued this quickly enough

Set items are quite rare. I've played non stop since release and I've had two parts of the crusader set drop.

RNG is still RNG though. Have a friend who only hit 70 two days ago and he has 2 pieces of his monk set already. Also **** Blackthornes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm rocking the dual danettas on my DH, the only good set drops ive found really, i to mostly get crappy uniques, so many repeated rings and belts, id say every 1 in 10 drops i get are of use.

I'm sure ill get lucky again soon though.. i hope :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My HC Barb is on 49 level right now. I bumped it up to Hard difficulty as it was just painfully easy. I am wondering if I did mistake by going Barb as I am not having as much fun as I do with my DH. :( I will still get it to 70 and play with few builds.

I have to say HC changes the playing style a lot. Dark Souls have feck all on this one! :p

Big Knox wrote: »
    Set items are quite rare. I've played non stop since release and I've had two parts of the crusader set drop.

On that note my Akkhans Chest just dropped, RNGesus must have heard me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I got those Sanguinary Vambrace things.

Is it worth really going for Thorns damage with them or should I just ignore them (I have them on a barb - I only have a level 35 crusader so it'll be a while before he can use them).

how often do they proc? the 1000% thorns damage could be great if it procs pretty often in melee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

how often do they proc? the 1000% thorns damage could be great if it procs pretty often in melee.

It says it has a chance. Doesn't say what chance.

I think I currently have about 13k thorns so that be 130k damage every now and again. Pretty feeble on T1.

It seems like Crusader has a bit more Thorns-related abilities so it might suit him better but I've kinda hit a wall with my Barb.

I've pretty much stopped getting useful drops. The last one was replacing a level 67 Thunderfury with a 70 Bul Kathos Set sword.

By the numbers it says I'm dealing an extra 40% damage but I feel weaker and like I'm taking a lot longer to kill things.

Were monsters buffed in the recent patch?

dont think they were, erm, afaik there's a crusader skill that grants you 46k thorns at level 70, that'd work if it proc'd a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Finally got myself a shard of hate:D

Syc2UXl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finally came back to this after a long time. Had played the first two acts or so when it came out but had enough and set aside. Finished it last night with a Wizard but now that it's finished I'm wondering what have I missed out on?

Is it just all about farming certain acts now to level up to the cap and get better equipment? If so what is the best difficulty level & act for this? Also is the expansion pack worth getting, does it add much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The people in public games are getting worse and worse in their attitude. I was removed from a game earlier where two players went one way and the third went another way and when I mentioned there was an elite at my location they simply said "kill it". It's a shame that drop rates in public games are better than single player because it's a great feature but a fairly poor experience to say the least.

were ye doing rifts or bounties?

Adam, it's a variety of different things, not just one act anymore - bounties and rifts mainly which can be done on every act and all acts are covered in rifts

Dermighty wrote: »
    The people in public games are getting worse and worse in their attitude. I was removed from a game earlier where two players went one way and the third went another way and when I mentioned there was an elite at my location they simply said "kill it". It's a shame that drop rates in public games are better than single player because it's a great feature but a fairly poor experience to say the least.

Split farming is quite common now so probably a good idea to check with the group first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How do you queue for a pub rift?

Everyone does bounties on normal adventure mode so you know its bounties if you select normal difficulty but blizz never updated the tags for rifts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Got so many legendaries over the weekend.... shame the best of the bunch was a damn Templar Relic !

Must have gotten a dozen ****ty one handed axes and daggers !

• Advertisement

One of my favourite features of D3 is the different play styles one can achieve while experimenting with the amazingly diverse skills and run system.
    This build ive come up with on my crusader is just a blast to play and absolutely rips T1 and T2 apart.
    Focusing on nephalin glory,almost 100% uptime of 3 stacks if you play correctly.
    Combined with holy damage stats i find it a great build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/38696174

Advertisement