Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dcully wrote: »
    One of my favourite features of D3 is the different play styles one can achieve while experimenting with the amazingly diverse skills and run system.
    This build ive come up with on my crusader is just a blast to play and absolutely rips T1 and T2 apart.
    Focusing on nephalin glory,almost 100% uptime of 3 stacks if you play correctly.
    Combined with holy damage stats i find it a great build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/38696174

I just unlocked it there and it seems interesting maybe?

I wasn't sure on what it did so I had a look at the game guide:
    Level 1: Bonus Damage
    Level 2: More bonus damage, attacks create arcs of lightning (no idea how much dmg) and move speed buff.
    Level 3: More more damage and attacks now also have a chance to create explosions (no idea how much dmg).

Is finery worth it at higher levels? With your character you're only getting 180 strength, aren't you?
    When you said you were doing a Nephalem glory build I assumed you'd have the passive that increases it's duration. Do you just not need it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Big Knox wrote: »
    Split farming is quite common now so probably a good idea to check with the group first.

Is heated that, this was torment 3 and it was fairly obviously that the people playing weren't interested in being in a group. I'll avoid it from now on and play on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm going mad with the lack of drops im getting since the patch.

Am i crazy in thinking that because i have 2 x 1handed xbows equipped that this increases the amount of 1h xbow drops i receive?

I have yet to find a bow or 2h xbow in this game since RoS, i have found that 1h strafe bow twice now, two of them in my chest and will likely be DE'd, really want a good 2hander :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's all down to RNGJesus nix; I was on my monk and got 3 legendary hats in 10 min as an example :)

Personally I've been slowly leveling up my monk's gear (atrocious damage but okish to survive) after hitting 70 on Saturday. This morning I finally got the 1h white sword (I've seen at least 10 blue and yellow!) I needed for my legendary recipie and I got the second legendary part for making the next one. So here's hoping I can get the second white sword and get some decent weapons on him :P

Beyond that I've been working up my DH; up to 56 now so going to push to reach 70 asap so I can stop throwing grenades (got two yellow 1hers waiting for her but she's currently using a 60 axe I lowered level requirements on so I can use 1/3rd of all abilities :P). Once my DH reaches 70 that only leaves barbarian to go before I got all classes to 70 and can disenchant my low/mid/60s stuff to free up space in my storage. Only problem is the tons of gem I need (i.e. cash for conversion!) and lack of yellow items to disenchant (I've run out of all of 'em; using 20+ at a time to change stats add up quickly!).

I also got over 200 rift shards saved up; so if we can get a rift group going we can serial run a ton of 'em!

Dermighty#2365 add me so I can play with people who arent plebs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Struggling to get bounties cleared for rift keys. Ran through my pretty large quantity yesterday and everytime I got into bounty farm, did about 3 before I just logged off :(

Got my two set for Vyr which was nice and a few upgrades which made it a good weekend I guess.

Need to add some people who play late night to help split bounty farm and also rift runs, while there was a massive amount of mates playing Diablo at launch, it's fizzled down as expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TheDoc wrote: »
    Struggling to get bounties cleared for rift keys. Ran through my pretty large quantity yesterday and everytime I got into bounty farm, did about 3 before I just logged off :(

Got my two set for Vyr which was nice and a few upgrades which made it a good weekend I guess.

Need to add some people who play late night to help split bounty farm and also rift runs, while there was a massive amount of mates playing Diablo at launch, it's fizzled down as expected.

Just do pub split bounties on normal. The five acts get burned through that way unless you get leeches who AFK at town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adam, it's a variety of different things, not just one act anymore - bounties and rifts mainly which can be done on every act and all acts are covered in rifts

I take it I'd need Reaper of Souls for bounties and rifts?

The only option I have now in game settings is to play through the different acts on various difficulties, adventure mode is greyed out.

Just do pub split bounties on normal. The five acts get burned through that way unless you get leeches who AFK at town

Whats the tag setup for that exactly?

Seems I keep getting groups that are looking for keymasters regardless of the tag I select.

Seems I keep getting groups that are looking for keymasters regardless of the tag I select.

That's because people do what they want to do, regardless of the tags :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Join the "Bounty Split Farm" community, Makes things so much easier as there is always a few hundred people in it looking for groups to farm bounties:D

Join the "Bounty Split Farm" community, Makes things so much easier as there is always a few hundred people in it looking for groups to farm bounties:D

That a Facebook group?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I take it I'd need Reaper of Souls for bounties and rifts?
    Correct; and I should join that group down the line.

Nody wrote: »
    Correct; and I should join that group down the line.

ugh, hate Facebook groups, what ever happened to making an irc channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ugh, hate Facebook groups, what ever happened to making an irc channel?

There is communities in game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gbear wrote: »
    I just unlocked it there and it seems interesting maybe?

I wasn't sure on what it did so I had a look at the game guide:
    Level 1: Bonus Damage
    Level 2: More bonus damage, attacks create arcs of lightning (no idea how much dmg) and move speed buff.
    Level 3: More more damage and attacks now also have a chance to create explosions (no idea how much dmg).

Is finery worth it at higher levels? With your character you're only getting 180 strength, aren't you?
    When you said you were doing a Nephalem glory build I assumed you'd have the passive that increases it's duration. Do you just not need it?

Sometimes i swap out finery for something else.
    Theres no passive to increase Nephalem duration afaik but every time you pick up a health globe or a nephalem globe it refreshes the stacks.
    The thing is loads of globes are dropped so your pretty much 100% stacked with 3X Nephalem Glory,insane damage and combined with fists of the heavens it makes for probably the best looking graphical effects in the game imo.
    I also change judgement with akarats champion at times but the 80% critical chance of judgement with resolved is almost too good to pass up,popping it before condemn,fists of heaven and heavens fury = massive crit damage while all the time your stacked Nephalem Glory is spamming mobs constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sometimes i swap out finery for something else.
    Theres no passive to increase Nephalem duration afaik but every time you pick up a health globe or a nephalem globe it refreshes the stacks.
    The thing is loads of globes are dropped so your pretty much 100% stacked with 3X Nephalem Glory,insane damage and combined with fists of the heavens it makes for probably the best looking graphical effects in the game imo.
    I also change judgement with akarats champion at times but the 80% critical chance of judgement with resolved is almost too good to pass up,popping it before condemn,fists of heaven and heavens fury = massive crit damage while all the time your stacked Nephalem Glory is spamming mobs constantly.

I had a go off it last night and it indeed looks glorious with FotH.

Nephalem Majesty is the name of the passive but its easy to get and maintain Nephalem Glory stacks with the Law of Valor rune so there's no real need for it.

There is communities in game

Tell me more :D

That a Facebook group?

Nope!

First click this:
    FhazbqK.png

A window will pop up, click on the find community button
    1XoU9KP.png

Search for bounty, Select the first result and click "Join community"
    ccdzoC4l.png

Thanks for that, and what is it exactly, is it like a chat channel I get joined to or something?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, and what is it exactly, is it like a chat channel I get joined to or something?

Yup! Always full of people looking for groups or advertising spots in groups.

There is a community for most things(powerleveling, rifts, specific farming locations etc) so its always handy to have a look around. There is even a boards community(Boards DiabloIII) although I've not seen many people in the chat:(

Yup! Always full of people looking for groups or advertising spots in groups.

There is a community for most things(powerleveling, rifts, specific farming locations etc) so its always handy to have a look around. There is even a boards community(Boards DiabloIII) although I've not seen many people in the chat:(

Yeah unfortunately people dont seem to join the boards chat while ingame.

Yeah unfortunately people dont seem to join the boards chat while ingame.

Whats the boards one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

It should put you in the chat by default, or at least give you the option to connect automatically.

Keep picking up mediocre +strength items. I've two characters that can use them but they are always ****e! Or maybe the stuff I have is amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

First decent legendary in a few days, pretty good roll too. Lost quite a bit of HP but quite a big dmg increase.

303247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Magill wrote: »
    First decent legendary in a few days, pretty good roll too. Lost quite a bit of HP but quite a big dmg increase.

303247.jpg

Using it myself my only complaint is the poison nova proccs pretty much constantly, so can be hard to see elite mobs attacks that spawn on you..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Swapped onto Barb for a bit, taking a break from the Crusader. Lightning WW / Hota build with a Thunderfury is quite good. Just need a shard now to really get it rocking!

Barb was my first toon to 60,i got bored of WW but seems every barb now runs with WW now.

• Advertisement

That Andarial with 20% cold damage would be incredible for me :O

Advertisement