Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dcully wrote: »
    Barb was my first toon to 60,i got bored of WW but seems every barb now runs with WW now.

I never use Whirlwind.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dermighty-2365/hero/36464834

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That RNG... Finally had some time to play diablo 3 after work last night. I decided to chill out and do some bounties, maybe get a few materials I need for some sets.

So I went for Malthiel solo tormemt 1. One of the buddies decided to join in on his peasant alt barb. So I am pretty much boosting at that stage... So we killed Malthiel and buddy got reapers fear, I did not... Fuuuu...
    Well **** it, might as well get bounties done in this act. Another 2 slacker friends join in with their crapy barbs. Good...
    So in time we did all bounties and one rift run all of the feckers got shower of legendaries. One of them even got bulkatos offhand with very nice roll. Guardian and even bounty box dropped them legendaries.
    Did I got a single legendary? Nope. Why? Because **** you, that's why!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TheDoc wrote: »
    That Andarial with 20% cold damage would be incredible for me :O

Ya, it seems to be BIS for wizard... at least in terms of dmg. Luckily for me i've switched to arcane torrent since the FO nerfs. My on screen damage was over 1.5mill last night (Buffed, just over 900k unbuffed).. quite squishy tho ! Good for smashing T2 tho.

NewBitmapImage_zps907c501b.png

Not_bad.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Still trying to get my hands on a lightning Andariels and a Stone of Jordan but RNG and Kadala say no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

NewBitmapImage_zps907c501b.png

get that to 100%...

get that to 100%...

I'll keep my cash, thanks. :)

So I completely switching to crusader... I messed around a bit, got few bits of gear and decided give it a go... Sooooo when they nerfing crusaders? :pac:

My DH got a bit over 1mil dps with its own range buff. Crusader is only around 700k. Crusader just so much damn better even at lower dps step. It's just they can apply dps so much better constant killing machine, wheres DH is burn and regen loop.

I was really lucky with legendaries today, but rolls were mostly **** :(. Had a stupidly good 2h with 2800 ++ dps and I even got a socket roll on it from second try. Only to notice that it has no str roll on it... Had to stick with my 2500 dps skorn. :(

I found some stupidly weird leggings too. Have a special bonus of 25% damage and resource regen while moving and same number penalty when standing. Sounds like a very dirty leggings for WW barb.

hexing pants of mr yan.... damn you I want them so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

hexing pants of mr yan.... damn you I want them so bad!

Eh, Apparently they are bugged so the good effect is only activated if you click move then use a skill so they are rather annoying to use!

Shard of Hate is getting nerfed, This sucks as it was one of the few weapons in the game that truly felt "legendary" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can't wait for work to finish. girlfriend out for the night so that means Diablo 3 farming for hours!

Want to improve my Frozen Orb build with gear. Frostburn gloves, Andarial or Tal Rasha helm I'm really gunning for !

I'll be on the boards chat as soon as I can, if anyone up for some T1 Rift farming let me know :D

(might need to run a few bounty clears to get some keys)

• Advertisement

So.... I discovered an interesting thing on Crusader. I am using Skorn with bleed damage. I realised just now, that bleed actually triggers Crusaders Akarat Champion with rally rune. I only noticed it, because I switch to better DPs weapon, but with no bleed and my proc was very rarely coming up. With bleed I can pretty much spam my abilities thanks to Akarat.

So.... I discovered an interesting thing on Crusader. I am using Skorn with bleed damage. I realised just now, that bleed actually triggers Crusaders Akarat Champion with rally rune. I only noticed it, because I switch to better DPs weapon, but with no bleed and my proc was very rarely coming up. With bleed I can pretty much spam my abilities thanks to Akarat.

Every tick of damage can proc Akarats. It also works with the provoke rune "Charged Up" which becomes by far a crusaders biggest source of damage if you build for lots and lots of fast damage ticks. Use heavens fury with blessed ground for lots of ticks on both akarats and combined with Provoke does a tonne of damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »
    Can't wait for work to finish. girlfriend out for the night so that means Diablo 3 farming for hours!

Want to improve my Frozen Orb build with gear. Frostburn gloves, Andarial or Tal Rasha helm I'm really gunning for !

I'll be on the boards chat as soon as I can, if anyone up for some T1 Rift farming let me know :D

(might need to run a few bounty clears to get some keys)

I hope to get on at some stage,ill keep an eye on boards chat.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Every tick of damage can proc Akarats. It also works with the provoke rune "Charged Up" which becomes by far a crusaders biggest source of damage if you build for lots and lots of fast damage ticks. Use heavens fury with blessed ground for lots of ticks on both akarats and combined with Provoke does a tonne of damage.

I usually add in judgement with resolved rune for 80% chance that all damage will crit,insane damage.

Crusader is still my favourite class.

I usually add in judgement with resolved rune for 80% chance that all damage will crit,insane damage.

Crusader is still my favourite class.

Yep judgement rounds it off. Judged enemies with Heavens Fury - blessed ground, pop provoke and watch stuff melt. Thorns and items with procs like Thundergods and Schaefers make it even better and all of it combined with Akarats up means about 80% uptime on all of the skills for bosses.

I swapped onto a Barb and even with 1.3 million DPS, a full lightning build (80% lighting damage) with Thundergods and Odyn son and it doesn't do half the damage the lightning Crusader does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yep judgement rounds it off. Judged enemies with Heavens Fury - blessed ground, pop provoke and watch stuff melt. Thorns and items with procs like Thundergods and Schaefers make it even better and all of it combined with Akarats up means about 80% uptime on all of the skills for bosses.

I swapped onto a Barb and even with 1.3 million DPS, a full lightning build (80% lighting damage) with Thundergods and Odyn son and it doesn't do half the damage the lightning Crusader does.

Its godlike alright. Just tried it through a T1 Rift and packs got melted. Few close calls though. I wish i had an extra skill slot for Iron Skin :( Feel so vulnerable without it.

Did another rift and with 400k DPS this build is silly. I have 10mil toughness atm and i kill packs before i even feel threatened by them. Hilarious. I smell a nerf incoming

Its godlike alright. Just tried it through a T1 Rift and packs got melted. Few close calls though. I wish i had an extra skill slot for Iron Skin :( Feel so vulnerable without it.

Did another rift and with 400k DPS this build is silly. I have 10mil toughness atm and i kill packs before i even feel threatened by them. Hilarious. I smell a nerf incoming

Stack some lightning damage on gear and if you have a thundergods and Schaefers 2hander and it's silly damage. The good news is Blizzard really don't do nerfs unless something is completely broken so I can't see it changing.

this crusader build ye are talking about, can someone link to it? would love to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

this crusader build ye are talking about, can someone link to it? would love to try it out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#.eldRQ!abei!.ZaYYb

When you pop Akarat's your Cooldowns are reset almost instantly and the damage is insane with all those damage ticks proccing Hit Me's(Charged Up) 50% damage. I'm using Punish with the heal on block as my Wrath generator since im on hardcore but to be honest the CD on Hit me is so low and the Wrath it generates is so much i could even go without a generator if i really wanted to :D

I find fists of the heavens with divine well or fissure rune to be better than blessed hammers.

I use this build and its absolutely insane,3 stacks of nephalem glory up almost 100% of the time thanks to laws of valour with answered prayer rune.
    I have some + holy damage gear and it works great.
    Sometimes i swap out provoke for akarats champion with rally rune.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#UkfdRl!YSWa!ZacYYZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I find fists of the heavens with divine well or fissure rune to be better than blessed hammers.

I use this build and its absolutely insane,3 stacks of nephalem glory up almost 100% of the time thanks to laws of valour with answered prayer rune.
    I have some + holy damage gear and it works great.
    Sometimes i swap out provoke for akarats champion with rally rune.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#UkfdRl!YSWa!ZacYYZ

Without knowing how much the buffs are with NG it's hard to know how good it is and how worthwhile it is to use this build.

Must actually try Crusader.

Only ever played Wiz and Barb in D3.

Gbear wrote: »
    Without knowing how much the buffs are with NG it's hard to know how good it is and how worthwhile it is to use this build.

Agreed, the only thing i know is i can do T2 stuff without too much hassle.

Thats how I roll with my crusader. I have to say that I use and focus on Bleeding damage weapons too.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bkiPfQ!YSUa!bZZabb

When I pop up Akarat, I pretty much spam Explosion and Phalanx Archers. I focused more on Holy damage as I got Hallows shield with 20% holy damage increase.

So far I just roll over everything. Doing Pugs T2 very easily enough, unless we being stupid and extremely unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Isnt the idea of doing higher difficulty to get better gear?
    Ive done T2 and now T3 act 1 and got no better gear than T1. My level 60 DH keep hovering around 100k dps and 1mil toughness, which im guessing is very low.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Ive done T2 and now T3 act 1 and got no better gear than T1. My level 60 DH keep hovering around 100k dps and 1mil toughness, which im guessing is very low.

Increasing Torments increases the % drop rate of legendaries, not the actual quality of the gear itself.

You can get the highest gear at Torment 1, just be that little bit slower. Also certain materials and gems only drop from higher levels of torment ( materials afaik)

I'm at 890k now, only run Torment 1, I do it cause I find it faster with a group, to burst through a rift. Takes about 5 mins to do a full clear if with friends. Had a sweet session last night, 8 legendaries from only about 2-21/2hr session. Granted only one was a pure upgrade, I took about 2 more to boost my cold dmg. (Which I believe STILL doesn't translate to the DPS number on the character sheet)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jacovs wrote: »

dont even bother doing torment til you hit 70 man, pointless. the higher torment levels are geared around max level and, whilst they have a higher chance of dropping better loot it's not a guarantee that it will each time you play through.

The idea behind that is too keep you playing more than a handful of times to gear yourself up so that you can steadily progress through the difficulties at max level. Balancing toughness and dps is an artform in itself

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#UeldRQ!aeVi!aZaYYb

This is the full lightning build. Blessed hammer is very resource friendly and with stacked lightning damage does a lot of damage while synergising with the rest of the skills nicely for extra ticks during Akarats and Provoke. Smite hits very hard also with Blunt and the lightning rune.

I can kill elite packs in T4 in seconds without Akarats and bosses are a joke with Akarats up as you have an uptime on everything of about 80% due to the amount of damage ticks the build does.

Thundergods and Schaefers are excellent if you have them as they add the extra lightning damage needed and both their lightning thorns procs add as extra ticks again. When you hit provoke they will always trigger and again it's more damage from the provoke rune.

Played a little of the crusader but ditched it for my Barbarian. Might come back to it at a later stage but want to max level the Barb for farming, Crusader will be too hit and miss each update.

Also found a sweet little powerleveling technique, dont think its an exploit, but it's getting me a level for about 10 mins of work which is a big bonus when I want to powerlevel a second character.

Basically involves starting the captain rumsford quest on normal, kill two witches, then port abck to town and leave game. Set to Torment 6 and come back in, the witch at the barricade respawns and you just kite her into town where she is oneshot by guards.

You get the quest completion and basically 3/4 of a level ;)

• Advertisement

Jesus christ

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/86034-guide-xp-farming-without-the-need-of-good-gear

what I JUST typed above. I found it via a low viewer streamer o ntwitch, using it now for a few days. I'm sure it will be nerfed now, why do these dopes feel the need to share this stuff, they get a few youtube clicks which equals **** all money, whilst they give Blizzard the heads up to nerf.

Advertisement