Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There are better and faster ways to lvl up, some without even killing a single mob.

Heres an example.
    About 20% chance the npc will spawn but when he does you have 1.5 lvls in a few seconds ,not as much at higher levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah saw and tried that, didnt find it as great tbh as the NPc didnt spawn for multiple runs in a row.

Especially considering with a Barb you cant use sprint with no rage, ergo pretty slow to do. Witching run was faster, still is. Hopefully Blizz dont pick it up this weekend, plan to max Barb by Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

tried that a few days ago when it was posted on diablofans, it's awful

the spawn rate of that particular NPC that gives the quest is incredibly low, as is the gold droprate from the bodies. The xp when it does eventually spawn is good, but it decreases each time you complete it. Farming bounties on normal is much faster for both xp and gold.

I actually think it's been nerfed since that video was made too, as i got nowhere near as much gold as that guy did in one run.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont know, I just like leveling stuff... I must be a dumbass so. I tried that one with looking glass, before it got patched. It was dreadful and felt like live sucked out of me. I just prefer normal leveling, at least then you playing a game! :pac:

The witching run was working wonders for me last two weeks, all over diablofans now, so at blizzards attention, probably patched next week : /

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I dont know, I just like leveling stuff... I must be a dumbass so. I tried that one with looking glass, before it got patched. It was dreadful and felt like live sucked out of me. I just prefer normal leveling, at least then you playing a game! :pac:

Yeah.

I don't even know why they bother patching these things.

You level incredibly quickly now that they've fiddled with the different difficulty levels - even on Master you get from 60-70 very quickly.

It might be twice as fast to use an exploit but 1) Nobody cares because it's not competetive and 2) it's also 50 times more boring - if you're willing to put yourself through hours of grinding like that you should be entitled to a butt-load of xp and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I miss the old style difficulty levels :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I don't. MP10 was too viable too quickly. Most classes could handle it without end game OP gear.
    Now, if you want to farm t6, you need to have a good strong set and use the skill that the set buffs.

The new torment system seems more rewarding too. Speeding through at t1, then having a good brawl through t3/t4 at a reasonable pace and finally dredging it out at t6 is a LOT better than mp1 vs mp10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Anyone else think gem prices are a bit insane? I've taken to vending yellow items to make gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dermighty wrote: »
    Anyone else think gem prices are a bit insane? I've taken to vending yellow items to make gold

I like it, gives us something to spend on gold on

• Advertisement

got my hardcore crusader a mighty looking Blackguard 2h and Jekanbord shield last night and this morning, she's lookin' pretty sweet. Also managed to wrangle my HC paragon level to 203 :)

mhum9d.jpg

got my hardcore crusader a mighty looking Blackguard 2h and Jekanbord shield last night and this morning, she's lookin' pretty sweet. Also managed to wrangle my HC paragon level to 203 :)

*snip*

Playing HC as a Crusader also. I spent 1500 Shards on Kadala post buff patch and i still haven't got a leg shield :( Still using a decent yellow one but with only 15% block chance. I feel like a worthless Crusader without some badass looking shield :(

Guys, do paragon levels stay on HC even if your character dies? Or is it Paragon for only character you play?

paragon on hardcore is permanent, even if your toons all die, you keep your paragon, and any and all jewel and smith patterns you learned

paragon on hardcore is permanent, even if your toons all die, you keep your paragon, and any and all jewel and smith patterns you learned

So its all like in softcore, but you dont share the Chest? That is actually quite nice.

So its all like in softcore, but you dont share the Chest? That is actually quite nice.

Chest is shared.

hardcore stash/chest/professions is/are solely for all of your hc characters, same for softcore

hardcore stash/chest/professions is/are solely for all of your hc characters, same for softcore

Wait what? I though it was separate for each character. It's not a hardcore so, it's softcore ++ :pac: What about gold? Is that character only?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I've achieved my personal goal of having a level 70 of every class; that also freed up a ton of space in the stash by removing all sub 70 gear (except two weapons saved for potential new future classes).

Wait what? I though it was separate for each character. It's not a hardcore so, it's softcore ++ :pac: What about gold? Is that character only?

you misread me dude :D both stashes are separate

hardcore characters share stash, gold, crafting patterns
    in the same way that softcore does,
    both hard and soft are separate from each other.

• Advertisement

the only penalty for death in hardcore is the loss of the level 70 character (easily replaced within 30-60 minutes) and the gear he/she is wearing and/or carrying when he/she dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

the only penalty for death in hardcore is the loss of the level 70 character (easily replaced within 30-60 minutes) and the gear he/she is wearing and/or carrying when he/she dies.

30-60 minutes ? How ? im guessing your assuming everyone has a pocket booster ?

And the gear he/she is wearing sounds like a pretty big loss to me lol ! Its taken me at quite a few hours to get the gear im wearing atm !

I would love to see/know that 30-60min leveling to 70 method.

Magill wrote: »
    30-60 minutes ? How ? im guessing your assuming everyone has a pocket booster ?

And the gear he/she is wearing sounds like a pretty big loss to me lol ! Its taken me at quite a few hours to get the gear im wearing atm !

It is a massive loss, especially when you've had the character for ages. Not to mention gems and the gold it costs to make them.

Sure it's pretty easy to level up again but getting the gear back to what it was when you lost your toon is painstaking (and fun, but also adds to the loss)

Would also like to hear of this 30-60 minute level to 70 technique...

Sounds like an exageration :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Would also like to hear of this 30-60 minute level to 70 technique...

Sounds like an exageration :)

Just a TINY BIT! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I would love to see/know that 30-60min leveling to 70 method.
    1 alt staying relatively close but not hitting anything + area clearing speed running toon doing torment1+ = speed leveling at insane speed; add more toons to speed things up.

It's easier if you make a game on your level 1, make it torment VI - invite your awesome level 70 buddy and let him go nuts doing bounties, while you follow at a safe distance. Reason being is that the level 1 made game will always stay the makers level, not max level.
    If you make it on the 70 and invite a level 1, all the mobs will be level 70, and the level 1 will get the same xp as they would in their own game anyway.

Note: Not all acts are safe to follow at a distance due to missiles, fire and fast mobs. Act one is brilliant for it, weeping hollow particularly. At the beginning you should get a level after every 6 or 7 trash mobs and a level for every pack, then another for the bounty itself.

It begins really fast, you'll get to level 30 easily with your 70 mate one hitting everything, it slows down obviously after that, and noticeably by 50, at 60 it's difficult to one hit anything with your booster, so it's actually easier to switch down to torment 3 or whatever suits the booster, then just spam bounties again.

Takes about 20 minutes to ding to 30, another 20 to 40, half hour maybe to 50, an hour to 60, and so on. And that's if you have someone that's patient enough to boost with you :)

level 1-70 in 30-60 minutes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

level 1-70 in 30-60 minutes :)

Did you even watch it ? One of his phases... "Doesn't matter how long it takes, even if you have to revive your guy 10 times" etc. I know you're just trolling or whatever.. but...i don't even play hardcore and I know the loss of losing a character is quite huge. At least it was when i'd lose my character in PoE HC (And you don't even fully lose them in PoE either !).

Advertisement