Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kiith wrote: »
    Are they not doing damage to the game in the long run by dropping a huge amount of legendaries in such a short amount of time? What happens when everyone already has pretty much every legendary they could want, for all their characters?
    Setting up for the Ladder / special event series I'd say. If I was to guess speculate I'd say then seen a big drop off in activity lately (as in last two months). With the announcement of the Ultimate console version they want to get people back into D3 to remember how fun it is (so they buy a Console copy as well) and work as a stop gap until their new content (ladder etc.).

Personally this event has helped me gear up my WD properly and I've got a ton of recipes to gear up my other characters with that I'll spend time chasing the rare component for (I got two sets giving 5k and 10k damage shields with 2 pieces for example) and I'm still missing a ton of class specific stuff I want/need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Apparently the leg buff is permanent judging!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Apparently the leg buff is permanent judging!

?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hello folks,

I come bearing exciting news. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Anniversary buff we have decided to keep the increased Legendary drop rate once the Anniversary celebration ends. Once the buff is disabled tomorrow morning, you will find that the new base line drop rates for Legendary items will be the same as those you have all enjoyed for the last week.

Happy hunting and link the loot!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697#1

That's actually great. I like that new drop rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

?

Jesus. Posted that from my phone and didn't notice I had word prediction enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody picking this up on console?

Really looking forward to it now:)

Hope to pick it up release day if i can,prob go with amazon,€55 on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

EoinHef wrote: »

Eh ? D3's been out for ages :o

I actually really really want to pick it up for PS4, but I might wait just a little bit. Amazon 55eu is a good price. Xtravision is 70eu... I am afraid even to ask how much in gamestop...

I see how am I with Moneys as I am moving out on September 1st, so I iwll need all the moneys I got. :(

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Eh ? D3's been out for ages :o

Its coming out on Xbox 1/PS4 man.

Ultimate Evil edition,includes the base game and Reaper of Souls:)

Ive been patiently waiting,have it on PC but my mates wanna play it so been waiting for this version.

• Advertisement

I actually really really want to pick it up for PS4, but I might wait just a little bit. Amazon 55eu is a good price. Xtravision is 70eu... I am afraid even to ask how much in gamestop...

I see how am I with Moneys as I am moving out on September 1st, so I iwll need all the moneys I got. :(

Gamestop is €69.99 as well,Argos are the ones taking the piss now,€72.99!!

Ive a holiday coming up as well,if i have any money left before i go ill grab it. If not be start of september:(

Played all classes on PC to around lvl15,just to get an idea of each class. Looking forward to trying a Crusader,no ROS on PC so couldnt try it.

Gonna run with a wizard the first time i finish the game,always been a sucker for the mage/wizard classes in these games:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting it for ps4 from amazon, probably wont have it till friday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gamestop listing ultimate evil as €34.99 last gen and €69.99 current gen :mad:

No way I'm paying that to play it next gen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    gamestop listing ultimate evil as €34.99 last gen and €69.99 current gen :mad:

No way I'm paying that to play it next gen.

There some bunch of robbers!

I thought this might have been more fairly priced myself. Like say Sniper Elite 3 but considering it has the first expansion im happy to pay about €55 for it off amazon.

Thing is, that 2.10 is still not out. So Console version is not coming with it too. No real point starting playing on Launch. Ordering from amazon in this case makes the most sense.

Thing is, that 2.10 is still not out. So Console version is not coming with it too. No real point starting playing on Launch. Ordering from amazon in this case makes the most sense.

I had read theres a new patch alright,thought console version would ship with it. Any word on when the patch is due on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There is a day one patch, it's been confirmed to sort some inconsistent rendering but nothing else was mentioned.

The game isn't going to get any cheaper (especially on console) by the time the patch is released

Looking at the change log, is it Seasons mode that is making you hold off or what.

Varik wrote: »
    There is a day one patch, it's been confirmed to sort some inconsistent rendering but nothing else was mentioned.

The game isn't going to get any cheaper (especially on console) by the time the patch is released

Looking at the change log, is it Seasons mode that is making you hold off or what.

Yup, Season/Ladder mode. I want to start a fresh character on Season mode. dont really want to start a new character and then only start it again as few weeks later they finally added 2.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What is season or ladder mode or how does it work?

• Advertisement

Yup, Season/Ladder mode. I want to start a fresh character on Season mode. dont really want to start a new character and then only start it again as few weeks later they finally added 2.10.

Seasons seem separate in the same way Normal and Hardcore are, and from the looks of it the they've character wipes at the end of each season.

With the extra leaderboard/loot stuff it looks good but I'm think it's more a thing to do later on. You've already got it on PC and PS3 right but for new PS4 users I'm not sure there's any benefit to waiting.

Seasons seem separate in the same way Normal and Hardcore are, and from the looks of it the they've character wipes at the end of each season.

With the extra leaderboard/loot stuff it looks good but I'm think it's more a thing to do later on. You've already got it on PC and PS3 right but for new PS4 users I'm not sure there's any benefit to waiting.

Each season has new Legendaries. In season 1, there will be 10 new ones. When season ends, those Legendaries go in to normal loot table, but Season 2 gets a set of brand new Legendaries.
    When season ends, character is not wiped, it just goes in to normal, non season state. Each season starts from a fresh character.
    I got it on Pc, but I traded in my PS3 version, because of the PS4 version. I love my PC and Diablo 3, but D3 works so damn well with controller too. It is actually a lot of fun just to sit down and play some Hack and slash in a lazy bed/sofa position. On top of that - local multiplayer. I am a sucker for local multiplayer since Diablo 1 PS1 times. :o

Each season has new Legendaries. In season 1, there will be 10 new ones. When season ends, those Legendaries go in to normal loot table, but Season 2 gets a set of brand new Legendaries.
    When season ends, character is not wiped, it just goes in to normal, non season state. Each season starts from a fresh character.
    I got it on Pc, but I traded in my PS3 version, because of the PS4 version. I love my PC and Diablo 3, but D3 works so damn well with controller too. It is actually a lot of fun just to sit down and play some Hack and slash in a lazy bed/sofa position. On top of that - local multiplayer. I am a sucker for local multiplayer since Diablo 1 PS1 times. :o

Ordered a new controllers for the PS4 to be ready, still getting it now rather than later. I'll start a season character when/if the time comes but I don't think I'll be waiting.

Ordered a new controllers for the PS4 to be ready, still getting it now rather than later. I'll start a season character when/if the time comes but I don't think I'll be waiting.

Well, I have like 500h+ played on PC already and a lot on PS3. There is no point Leveling a char for me right away, unless its a season. I do understand that some people are not interested in it, and its fair enough.

Just ordered on Amazon,paid in € so it was €58.44. First time ive noticed the option in euro,that new? Also is it more expensive to do it that way? Have to check if there is fees for paying in different currencies on Visa debit

Anyway,really looking forward to this now,delivery states 22nd to 23rd so not long to wait:D

Just ordered on Amazon,paid in € so it was €58.44. First time ive noticed the option in euro,that new? Also is it more expensive to do it that way? Have to check if there is fees for paying in different currencies on Visa debit

Anyway,really looking forward to this now,delivery states 22nd to 23rd so not long to wait:D

It's more expensive to pay in euro most of the time, they've had it for years.

It's more expensive to pay in euro most of the time, they've had it for years.

Must have changed the page layout or something,it looked different to me,i was very tired though at the time.

Checked and no charges are applied to visa debit for paying in sterling either,i thought there would be. Ill know next time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

NEver played Diablo or know what it's about, worth picking up still ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cotts72 wrote: »
    NEver played Diablo or know what it's about, worth picking up still ?

yes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

calex71 wrote: »
    yes :)

have now purchased based solely on your review :)

Advertisement