Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'd suggest Diablo 2 first. Give you a feel of the series for fraction of the price (or maybe not so fractional).

There's a reason its been popular for 14 odd years.

Think i've re-installed it at least 6 times on different machines over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the concept is solid, but D2 is very dated imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

the concept is solid, but D2 is very dated imo

D2 looks terrible in today's general 1920x1080 res. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ya, any new comers to the series should definitely start with D3... or if your feeling more hardcore, jump into PoE :D

Gonna get this on PS4 this week.

If you come to Diablo for graphics.....

.....i don't even...

You will at least appreciate the finer adjustments made in D3 (auto gold pick up, eh...., easy use of multiple skills, and.. etc.!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Taylor365 wrote: »
    If you come to Diablo for graphics.....

.....i don't even...

You will at least appreciate the finer adjustments made in D3 (auto gold pick up, eh...., easy use of multiple skills, and.. etc.!)

Anyone new to Diablo doesn't know what they're coming from. D3 being more user friendly, prettier and generally easy to get into these days is why i'd recommend it over D2 for newbies to the genre.

Magill wrote: »
    Anyone new to Diablo doesn't know what they're coming from. D3 being more user friendly, prettier and generally easy to get into these days is why i'd recommend it over D2 for newbies to the genre.
    Aye, that it be, but.....

They'll never know the joys of a Necromancer's Army! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can't wait to get this again on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Aye, that it be, but.....

They'll never know the joys of a Necromancer's Army! :(

Pft, summoner Necro blows...

I prefer the bone mancer with very high cast rate, aptly named "Igota_Boner" [I got a boner] :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

any deals on this for PS4 ie. trade in a game plus a tenner? Have TLOU to get rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So is it out today, or usual friday eu bull****?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So is it out today, or usual friday eu bull****?

Digital and online orders are meant to be tonight, but who knows with brick and mortar retailers.

Just turned on the PS4, it's 60% downloaded. Didn't so much for Destiny being the first pre-load game for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Varik wrote: »
    Just turned on the PS4, it's 60% downloaded. Didn't so much for Destiny being the first pre-load game for PS4.

The Last of Us also pre-loaded.

wes wrote: »
    The Last of Us also pre-loaded.

Going by what I can find it didn't worldwide, and only in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Let me know how it goes lads. Want get it but none my friends have any interest

In shops today??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Gamestop are doing this for Metro, but nothing for Diablo.... grrrrrr

QRPP3F7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amazon UK shipped mine yesterday.

Unfortunately they've shipped with iparcel/fast way so reckon it'll be another few days before I get it.
    With the saving compared to local shops I don't mind.

Not sure whether to continue on and import my old 360 or start afresh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amazon UK shipped mine yesterday.

Unfortunately they've shipped with iparcel/fast way so reckon it'll be another few days before I get it.
    With the saving compared to local shops I don't mind.

Not sure whether to continue on and import my old 360 or start afresh.

Mine shipped yesterday too,estimated delivery is today week,I'm hoping it will be here before Friday at least.

• Advertisement

So it actually came out today lads?

So it actually came out today lads?

Yes, our release is in line with the US for this one (for some reason)

Now, I just wish Gamestop or XtraVision would take my copy of TLOU, and give me this for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Many moons ago I spent hours burning out my mouse button doing battle with the demons. Completely lost track of the series since then, whats the game like? is it the same general idea of randomly generated dungeons?

So who ever got it for PS4 or Xbox one, how is it?

So who ever got it for PS4 or Xbox one, how is it?
    Got it for the Xbox one, only installing it now. Picked it up for 30 squids in Smyths when I traded in Sniper Elite 3.

Will give feedback in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ordered my copy monday(amazon) and estimated delivery thursday. Happy enough with that. Hopefully its not bulls**t!

There better be a new banner up on Gamespot/Xtravision when I wake up tomorrow!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ordered my copy monday(amazon) and estimated delivery thursday. Happy enough with that. Hopefully its not bulls**t!

did you go with super saver delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

did you go with super saver delivery?

Yeah,was a bit confused myself. It originally said expected friday-saturday the 22nd-23rd but when it dispatched said thursday the 21st for expected delivery.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Yeah,was a bit confused myself. It originally said expected friday-saturday the 22nd-23rd but when it dispatched said thursday the 21st for expected delivery.

Hmmm mine say Tuesday 27th,hope I have it by Friday :-/

Advertisement