Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Just got a serpent's sparker in seasons. Easy mode activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

got to say i really like the game really like there always adding stuff but not really sure if seasons are worth starting from scratch and playing through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

eastyy wrote: »
    got to say i really like the game really like there always adding stuff but not really sure if seasons are worth starting from scratch and playing through

If you like competing to get your name on a leader board, if you want to push for the e-peen then seasons are it. If not, non season is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

ahh just would not have the time to put into that really i imagine will take a lot or playtime

eastyy wrote: »
    ahh just would not have the time to put into that really i imagine will take a lot or playtime

If your aiming for getting your name up there and keeping it, then yes, it is geared more towards people who have the time to invest in to it. If your like me, Family commitments (dont usualy get near PC/PS till 10/10:30) and playing more than 1 game, then seasonal characters are not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads, I've just started playing this, and really enjoying it, is there any good site or wiki ye'd recommend for a n00b though? Reading through the thread here, it's like ye are playing a different game to me.

I'm most of the way through act 2 at the moment , playing as a crusader, A very kind friend gifted me a bucketload of gold last night, but I've no idea what to spend it on - everything for sale by vendors is worse than what I find as I play.

just general tips and such would be great.

Lads, I've just started playing this, and really enjoying it, is there any good site or wiki ye'd recommend for a n00b though? Reading through the thread here, it's like ye are playing a different game to me.

I'm most of the way through act 2 at the moment , playing as a crusader, A very kind friend gifted me a bucketload of gold last night, but I've no idea what to spend it on - everything for sale by vendors is worse than what I find as I play.

Welcome, Nephalem. Have a look at Diablo Fans. Really good source of info. Has a lot of build load outs for each class. If your into it, you should check out Rhykker on YouTube. He has mountains of video guides up for every class. Gives good descriptions on what you should aim for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Just save the gold you will need it for combining gems etc.
    Salvage all loot you dont want as once you hit lvl 70 getting gold wont be an issue and it gives you materials you need for crafting/enchanting.

I play as a barbarian so equipment with str/crit hit/crit damage bonus is used.Might be different for a crusader..others with more experience might give better advice.

Here's a link to a wiki on crusader builds...it gives the most popular armour/weapons etc..
    http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/crusader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

How did your m8 gift you gold? Trading is disabled for that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

How did your m8 gift you gold? Trading is disabled for that :/

the little postbox yolk in the town, there was gold sent in that. I've picked up gifts a few times while playing as well that I can send to other players from my friends list (I'm on xbox one btw).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ahhhh xbox :) that makes sense!

Can you only have one boon of the hoarder between all characters.

Thought they had a 100% drop rate from the baroness of greed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can you only have one boon of the hoarder between all characters.

Thought they had a 100% drop rate from the baroness of greed.....

I may be wrong but i think the first time you get it is from the Baroness,after that it should drop in grifts.

EoinHef wrote: »
    I may be wrong but i think the first time you get it is from the Baroness,after that it should drop in grifts.

ah now you said that it rings a bell.

I first got it from the baroness but i accidentally deleted my barb that had it on (yes I deleted by main barbarian....drunk ffs :o:pac:) but i got the one I use now from a grift.

Thanks

I still cant get the greed lair portal to spawn,bout to get my third charcter to 70 and still havent got one:(

I still cant get the greed lair portal to spawn,bout to get my third charcter to 70 and still havent got one:(

thats been my third.....got one on HC and 2 on normal.

Ive no hardcore characters,but have done plenty of bounties,rifts on normal torment 2/3 and still no portal,guess im just unlucky!

Ive no hardcore characters,but have done plenty of bounties,rifts on normal torment 2/3 and still no portal,guess im just unlucky!

na its the RNG being a c**t.

Needed one piece of the raekor set to drop and all i kept geting was a certain type of mace and 2 handed weapons...when the shoulder pads finally dropped i was delighted.....next 3 drops was a bog standard legendary and 2 peices from the raekor set.effin joke :)

Ha,yeah sometimes it feels like i have to see every piece of gear the game has just to get the one i want. Still no RRoG yet either,was doing bounties on normal for an age and opened a lot of caches and nothing unfortunately.

I had to wipe my account on PS4 and start again,hacker/modder joined my game and i went up a few hundred paragon lvls in a grift,being niave i just thought he was a high level player. Only after inspecting his gear did i realise it was all hacked. So i just sent all my legit gear to new account and started over,its a pain but the cheated levels just ruined the game for me l. Just about to get my first toon to 70 after reset,a barb. Even though i lost my lvl 70 wizard and demon hunter i will have good gear for the new ones when they reach 70.

Finally a RoRG:) Took about 30-40 caches on expert,for the double blood shards. Took a lot of grinding but finally got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is it best to farm for RoRG on Normal/Export or a Torment level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is it best to farm for RoRG on Normal/Export or a Torment level?

Highest level you can efficiently farm, The drop rate for legs from those caches goes from 1% at normal up to 100% chance at t6.

From looking into it myself the increased chance only kicks in at torment 2 so unless you can farm T2 or higher quite quickly it may be better to farm on a lower difficulty. Quantity over quality. Well thats what got me there in about 30 caches anyway.

I farmed expert at first for double bloodshards but to speed it up more dropped it to normal,was clearing the Act 1 bounties in just under 15 minutes at a go in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Drop rate for legendaries in Horadric Caches

Normal - T1: 1.5%
    T2 - T5: 50%
    T6: 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sound. 100 bounties in. No bloody joy yet.

I have gotten about 40 Golden Georget of Leoric's though, for all the use they are.

[edit] Not 5 minutes after this post, it dropped. Who says bitching never helps anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sound. 100 bounties in. No bloody joy yet.

I have gotten about 40 Golden Georget of Leoric's though, for all the use they are.

[edit] Not 5 minutes after this post, it dropped. Who says bitching never helps anything?

Complain and ye shall receive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

By the way lads, is season 2 super short or is it just me? I just started last week and its over in a week... Season 1 was way longer, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yep, apparently they'll all be this lenght now. Kind of weird though, they have the next patch already for the transition to the new season, but it's not out of beta yet. Hopefully it wont be buggy because some of those changes are awesome. Especially the bloodshard cap being raised through Grift progression

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

4 months probably was too long but 2 months seems too short, having them that short would put me off Seasons. I like to play one character a season, given the current length I won't have time currently playing. Although the players who play serious amount of the game will probably be happier with the shorter seasons.

It won't put me off Diablo it will mean I probably won't bother with Seasons going forward though.

Edit: haven't seen it mentioned her there is a 100% XP and Gold buff all this week http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18388260/100-bonus-gold-find-and-exp-happy-birthday-reaper-of-souls-3-22-2015

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

rolled a sader for the first time over the week end, first new toon in a while.

It's actually ridiculous with the gems, paragon points and hellfire ring etc, I was playing T6 solo until about level 40 and dropped it to T2, up to level 56 now.

Basically went for IAS and Life on Hit, so I'm healing faster than damage can be dished out. Only time I've died so far was from standing in the middle of Fire Chains not bothering to move.

DPS is appalling though. What's a good build for Crusaders? I have my guy spawning ghost archers/warriors

Advertisement