Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

rolled a sader for the first time over the week end, first new toon in a while.

It's actually ridiculous with the gems, paragon points and hellfire ring etc, I was playing T6 solo until about level 40 and dropped it to T2, up to level 56 now.

Basically went for IAS and Life on Hit, so I'm healing faster than damage can be dished out. Only time I've died so far was from standing in the middle of Fire Chains not bothering to move.

DPS is appalling though. What's a good build for Crusaders? I have my guy spawning ghost archers/warriors

It's been a while since I've looked at mine, but something like this was considered having pretty decent DPS. Things have most probably changed, but it might still be a decent starting point. Mine is sitting on lvl 63 at the moment, so he is probably missing a few necessary passives and runes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

most people playing crusader are playing a support role. just pure tank/taunt/stun/knockback build to buff DH's/barbs/monks to do the damage.

The xp buff ended last night i believe.

This week, we will see the end of season 2.
    Patch 2.2.2 will go live.
    Season 3 will begin next week.

Big set changes being applied to non season.
    Lots of new legendary reworks being introduced in Season 3.

Only issue is some of the sets need the new legendaries to really shine, so I guess people are once again forced to play seasons to benefit from it

Patch 2.2 is going live in Europe within the next 2 hours.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18642492/patch-220-now-live-in-europe-08-04-2015

Some massive changes coming in. Lots of legendary re-works, new sets, new areas etc.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    -Three new Treasure Goblins have made their way into the realm of Sanctuary. Riches await for those who can catch them!... (found in adventure mode only)
    -When crafting gems and items, the entire quantity will now be crafted at once....
    -You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts....
    -Two new Legendary potions, two new Legendary gems, and dozens of new and revamped Legendary powers have been added
    -Several sets across all six classes have received significant improvements and new Barbarian, Demon Hunter, and Wizard sets have been added to the game

Season 3 will begin on Friday, and also includes even more new legendaries and re-works (seasonal characters only)

Very happy with the new patch, looking forward to playing it.

Patch 2.2 is going live in Europe within the next 2 hours.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18642492/patch-220-now-live-in-europe-08-04-2015

Some massive changes coming in. Lots of legendary re-works, new sets, new areas etc.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    -Three new Treasure Goblins have made their way into the realm of Sanctuary. Riches await for those who can catch them!... (found in adventure mode only)
    -When crafting gems and items, the entire quantity will now be crafted at once....
    -You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts....
    -Two new Legendary potions, two new Legendary gems, and dozens of new and revamped Legendary powers have been added
    -Several sets across all six classes have received significant improvements and new Barbarian, Demon Hunter, and Wizard sets have been added to the game

Season 3 will begin on Friday, and also includes even more new legendaries and re-works (seasonal characters only)

Very happy with the new patch, looking forward to playing it.

I have to say, the changes to crafting and the chance to increase your Bloodshard Cap through Grifts are very welcome.

Edit: Just read the patch notes, Bloodshard cap only goes up in 10's per Grift level cleared (So long as that level is a solo best ofc). Personally, I think 10 is a little on the low side. Plus, will our solo best reset with this patch? As some players are up at high 40's low 50's and would still have the original cap of 500, and it is very difficult and luck based as to whether you could progress beyond that point. Seems a little ..... I hate to use the term unfair, but....

• Advertisement

It won't work in that sense. Regardless of what progress you have already done it won't count towards it.

You can easily upgrade by 300-400 cap within a few runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Friends convinced me to come back to this, installed last week and got a wiz to max through a boost and have barely touched it since, waiting on the new season.

I'm a year or more away from the game, but Wizard was what I played. According to some sources they were absolutely pants last season. Has the new patch brought them a bit more in line?

Toin coss between Wizard or Barbarian for the new season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I did a Barbarian last time, so will either do a Witch Doctor or Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just got up to 850 shards on hardcore :) 35 grift cleared ftw

using this build atm on my barb

it's just a charge build with raekor's and the IK set to reduce cd on WotB - works awesome for now, but i can see this being nerfed at some point, barb is almost perma berserk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I only bought this last week as it was on sale. It is alot of fun but I am playing on my tod as most people are already level 70 multiple times and are not playing the acts anymore which is a shame.

I played Necro in Diablo II and I am playing Barb in Diablo III. It looks and runs great on the XBone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Am i the only one not in the slightest bit interested in seasons anymore?

Dcully wrote: »
    Am i the only one not in the slightest bit interested in seasons anymore?

Honestly, I've never really understood them. Online bragging of being top of seasonal lists? No thanks. I can wait for the seasonal only items to filter into non season.

zero interest in seasons...

Wish exclusive legendaries were done away with.

I won't be playing season this time around apart from the minimum achievements to get the rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

There are rewards for achievements in seasons?

you get some transmog stuff for getting a character to 70 and getting like 100 achievement points I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well seasons was always the somewhat "competitive" aspect of Diablo.

In D2 and some of the games that cropped up to compete with D3 after its shaky release, Hardcore Seasons was a pretty competitive environment.

I suppose if you have the time to sink into it, it's enjoyable for the competitive aspect and trying to get your name in lights, if you play casually then nothing really changes. Just a bit of a mixup for a game that can potentially get stale fast with so much competition now for your gaming time(other games like)

I'll be playing seasons, casually granted, but just as its what the friends will be doing.It's something new to do, starting from scratch etc. I exhausted the game on release, so doing the same thing over and over while is somewhat fine grinding for gear, the time investment wittles down to running a run or two a night and thats it.

Gotta love greed. Glad you kept smashing the chest closed :)

That gem that she drops, it's awesome :) Once levelled high enough, you can pick up like 100m gold in 15-25 mins.

Patch 2.3 is preview is available. No release date for it to hit the PTR as of yet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

Some very nice changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Some very nice changes.
    i'll second that

Been reading up on whats going to change.

This new Kanai's Cube.. It.. looks... awesome!

You break down legendaries, and store their orange text in the cube.
    The cube stores all that you give it.
    You can then select 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 jewelry power from the cube.

e.g. Your a Nat 6 DH.
    You feed hexing pants of Mr Yan into the cube.

You can now use Nat 6 and have hexing pants bonus.

Thinking outside the box, you could feed it ice climbers and Countess Julia's Came.
    Wear a Mara's Kaleidoscope, and then you get arcane, ice and poison immunity!

Only works on legendary and not set items.

It's account wide, so once you feed it, you dont need to do the same item on other characters.

Think I'll be feeding it a furnace ASAP!

Best part, when you feed the item to the cube, say a furnace with a low 41% damage to elites, the cube stores the max value! So it can provide 50% damage bonus.

It doesnt allow you to use abilities for other classes however. So no cluckeye on a Wirlwind barb :p

You cant' feed it a hellfire amulet to gain a new passive.
    You can feed it a RORG.

It's going to be nice to free up a lot of storage space for those leg's that have nice abilities but bad rolls.

Looking good so far! This might just be a savior patch.

note: you only need to feed it a legendary once. It stores all the affixes. But you can select which one to activate.
    Only one weapon, one armor and one jewelry bonus at a time.

All shields, mojo's and quivers will be classed as weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I beat Diablo 3 last year on PS4 and never went back to it. So the other night I started it up again and while the game is still fun I'm unsure of what I should be doing.

Is the aim to do the Bounties and Rifts? I completed 2 Bounties last night and when I played it today there was a different set of Bounties available.

Also one thing that never clicked with me when I was playing was inventory management. Is there a way to know if I should be picking up items that drop or just leave them?

I guess the main question is, is there an end goal? Is there a certain set of amour that I should be aiming for? Can you buy armour or is it just a random drop?

I beat Diablo 3 last year on PS4 and never went back to it. So the other night I started it up again and while the game is still fun I'm unsure of what I should be doing.

Is the aim to do the Bounties and Rifts? I completed 2 Bounties last night and when I played it today there was a different set of Bounties available.

Also one thing that never clicked with me when I was playing was inventory management. Is there a way to know if I should be picking up items that drop or just leave them?

I guess the main question is, is there an end goal? Is there a certain set of amour that I should be aiming for? Can you buy armour or is it just a random drop?

do rifts for loot , greater rifts are good fun and they drop legendary gems that you can upgrade and the bounties give rift stones and also if you complete all the bounties in a given act the box that is given as a an award has a chance to drop a ring called the ring of grandeur..it reduces the amount of armour from a set that has to be worn to get all the effects...i.e wear 4 bits of armour from a set and get a bonus as if you had 5 on.

Each class has a couple of sets that are brilliant,The raekor armour set for the barbarian is a beast.Generally decent armour sets will give you a bonus for wearing 6 parts of it.Thats where the ring of grandeur comes in handy.

they only drop on torment level1 or higher.

Also look into enchanting any of your kit once you reckon it will do for awhile.depending on your build you might be looking at getting the best crit hit chance and crit hit damage so enchant those attributes.

I collect everything and generally recycle it all.

not sure what level you are at but level 70 isnt the end..there's paragon levels which allow you to boost certain stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm finding inventory management a real hassle. I always seem to be hovering around the maximum limit as I'm not sure what to pick up or leave. So I always end up picking up every thing.

Although I have started to ignore Blue items now.

I'm finding inventory management a real hassle. I always seem to be hovering around the maximum limit as I'm not sure what to pick up or leave. So I always end up picking up every thing.

Although I have started to ignore Blue items now.
    Unless you've just reached level 70 you can ignore the yellow items too.

Like I said Josey pick everything up and recycle all that you dont use including legendary.

my inventory has 1 section for crafting/gems etc
    and the rest is full of mainly green set items with a small amount of normal legendary stuff.

Any PC players planning on returning on the 28th with the big content patch coming in?

Any PC players planning on returning on the 28th with the big content patch coming in?

Yeah, I've been dipping in and out sporadically for a while, usually late. I haven't really kept up to date with optimum builds or anything. Have full FB set on Wizard. Getting totally owned on Grift 25 T3. I've been away too long full time. Damn you Destiny.

I will :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That Kanai's Cube thing seems crazy good. 3 legendary item buffs, without need to equip the item? Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Came back to this for the first time since beating it when it came out. 25 hours played and not a single legendary. Took me 15 minutes to find a legendary zweihander and every drop had better armour than I was wearing, mental.

• Advertisement

Pretty much the entire mechanics of the game have changed.

To be fair, Blizz have massively corrected the game since vanilla.

Advertisement