Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

you get specific legendary mats from bounties (1 type of mat from each bounty which increase in number with difficulty), those mats are used for everything for the cube and crafting

but.. if ye find a puzzlering or a bovine bardiche, just throw them into the cube and you'll get a portal to the vault and the cow level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

For anyone playing Barb, I suggest you check out the new Hammer of the Ancients build.
    It's crazy strong. Just completed grift 61 with it.

Previously, I was struggling to finish 52's on time.

And a few of my items are non ancient.. Can't imagine what a nice rift with top gear can do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

For anyone playing Barb, I suggest you check out the new Hammer of the Ancients build.
    It's crazy strong. Just completed grift 61 with it.

Previously, I was struggling to finish 52's on time.

And a few of my items are non ancient.. Can't imagine what a nice rift with top gear can do.

Chuck up a link to build please mate.
    Rolled a barb but considering wiz and or demon hunter instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm levelling up a Wizard at the moment. I know i could get boosted to 70, but it's hilarious flying through on Hard with Dual Decimation and a cool legendary perk which causes secondary explosions. Had about 70 enemies just explode on my last night. Up to 40 and will hit 70 tonight.

Did all the bounties and got a ton of mats and crafting stuff that i guess is for the Cube.

Dcully wrote: »
    Chuck up a link to build please mate.
    Rolled a barb but considering wiz and or demon hunter instead.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#jZkSRP!Xebj!cZYZcZ

Gear required is
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RoyalMarine-2579/hero/59076798
    On my barb "ramathorn"

• Advertisement

22gZcIx.png

Cheers. Got my Wizard to 61 last night (Desintigration is so much fun :)) Will start on Torment tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nice getting back into it for this patch and have the bare bones required for this build, running an old ricochet/cota build atm so with some luck can get this up and running quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Started my first season with a Wizard, and i really am going to miss her already.

They are so much fun to use.

• Advertisement

Did a lvl15 Grift last night, and just about managed to clear it. Really having no luck with drops though, and gambling hasn't paid off at all. I'm tempted to craft the Cain set for the 50% extra magic find.

Magic find got nerfed to death a long time ago :/

It doesn't do much. There is a cap of 300% that you can equip, but it translates to something like 10%, and all it does it give more yellows or blues instead of whites.

If your playing non season on the PC, feel free to gimme a shout for a gear boost :)

I'm not playing this season however, so I can't help out there!

Do you guys have your game set on public or private?

I usually play on private, as randomers can sometimes be more trouble than helpful, but occasionally I go public and help new people out. (PC version btw, not console)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I generally play on public, usually don't have too many issues

heh, i joined a public game last night specifically to do torment 1 bounties because they're quick and award just 2 less than on T7, so anyway..

joined the game, 3 guys from the same clan all sat in town, all around paragon 10 or so.. so i'm guessing they want me to do the bounties for them. Got pissed off at that, was going to leave after the last one in the first act but no.. got kicked :D

I just cant stand the leeching and general bolloxology that goes on in them. if it's not a lightspeed monk racing ahead of everyone but doing no damage, he's three floors ahead of you when you get the rift guardian.. it's a group that absolutely needs to stop and pick up every single item off the ground and return to town every 2 minutes because their bags are full and they moan and bitch at you because you continued on without them.. or the paragon 0 guy on torment 6/grift 26+, dies every 2 seconds, contributes nothing and cries about how you wouldnt pick him up after his fifth death when his timer was at 30 seconds.. "but i have group buffs" not when you're dead you dont.. fcuk sake.

:D i think i actually hate public groups, it's so very very rare that ye get a decent one, especially on softcore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

does the ring of royal grandeur not drop any more with caches?

it does yeah, act 1 bounties

it does yeah, act 1 bounties

was it always act 1 bounties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

was it always act 1 bounties?

Twas, drops for the act 1 bounty cache.

• Advertisement

Twas, drops for the act 1 bounty cache.

bollox no wonder i thought the drop rate was ****e was doing all the acts :o

Yeah Act 1 only :)

From Torment 6 onwards, they drop 100% guaranteed legendary. But each act has like 5 different legendaries that can drop from the cache.

Ran bounties on T6 act1 7 times tonight, got the silly 1 hander mace 6 times, still no Ring ORG :(

haha got it on 8th attempt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Dcully wrote: »
    Ran bounties on T6 act1 7 times tonight, got the silly 1 hander mace 6 times, still no Ring ORG :(

haha got it on 8th attempt :P

That be RNJAYSUS for ya.

22gZcIx.png

That's so weird, i just killed the act 2 keywarden on TX and he dropped no keys at all :/ i wonder is the actual key droprate not 100% at TX and the bonus is only applied if the key drops?

edit: Oh, seems i got the unlucky bastard 1% not to drop anything :D

ffs :/

quick question...

Im getting transmute fail on some bog standard legendaries...have all the mats so not sure whats up.

Do you have to learn the recipes first? or am I missing something obvious?

some aren't available at all - like the ashbringer :/

some aren't available at all - like the ashbringer :/

ah ok.that explains that!

quick question...

Im getting transmute fail on some bog standard legendaries...have all the mats so not sure whats up.

Do you have to learn the recipes first? or am I missing something obvious?

You need to throw the mats into the box along with the weapon/armour. I learned this today too by accident.

I have another question. How do you know when to upp the difficulty. Currently im on torment II but im hesitant to go up as i just stopped dying when an elite comes at me.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I have another question. How do you know when to upp the difficulty. Currently im on torment II but im hesitant to go up as i just stopped dying when an elite comes at me.

im no expert but gernerally i move a diificulty when i :

1) can pretty survive attacks bt elites especialyy wallers with arcane or freeze attacks.

2) doing a rift really quick

3)when it takes aaaaages to level up

Im running at torment 5 but still occassionaly die from elites. I get slaughtered at torment 6 though!!

Advertisement