Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

when i can nuke a gobbo down before it runs off it's time for a higher difficulty - that's just me though, i cant stand losing gobbos in those big packs or/and the goblin shrines that spawn tonnes of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

when i can nuke a gobbo down before it runs off it's time for a higher difficulty - that's just me though, i cant stand losing gobbos in those big packs or/and the goblin shrines that spawn tonnes of them :D

actually now that you mention it i fecking hate loosing those feckers.Wouldnt mind normaly get f all off them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ill try T3 and see how i get on :)

Also, should i give a greater rift a go? Or wait a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Greater rifts are excellent at giving you extra damage boosts, as killing the rift guardian, they drop greater gems.
    These can then be levelled up each time you complete a greater rift.

(the higher the gem level the lower % chance of upgrade is) so thats when you can increase greater rift difficulty.

They would be the next big damage / toughness boost you need to increase towards torment 10.

Think there's about 25 different gems available.
    They all have a stat that increases per level, and they have a special bonus that unlocks at level 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Vicxas wrote: »

Remember that the game rewards you more for killing a lot of things fast than killing tougher things because of how HP etc scales vs drop rate. For grinding gear you're normally running a rift 1-2 levels under what you're capable of clearing simply because you get a lot more kills/hour and therefore a lot more drop chances.

Greater rifts are fun, no harm in experimenting with them. It's easy/fast to get keystones now so no need to hold back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And here I go, back in Diablo again !

Getting boosted as we speak, hopefully can stick around this season a little longer!

the greater rifts can be great fun and as mentioned they drop legendary gems which can be leveled up.You can also select how hard they are aswell.

Also not sure what your kit is but you should be wearing a decent set of armour for your class.These make a big difference in the damage you can deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Been playing a lot of D3 the last 2 weeks, have my season wizard and witch doctor soloing T10 rifts.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/64913427

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/65143439

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I just bought this in the PSN sale, could someone tell me what a season is?

Dcully wrote: »
    Been playing a lot of D3 the last 2 weeks, have my season wizard and witch doctor soloing T10 rifts.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/64913427

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cully-2309/hero/65143439

Where did you get vyrs kit? Ive been farming rifts and bounties and only have the gloves. Its bloody annoying.

Also this is my wizard.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vicxas-2314/hero/65467128

• Advertisement

Where did you get vyrs kit? Ive been farming rifts and bounties and only have the gloves. Its bloody annoying.

Also this is my wizard.

I made good progress this season with my Wizard with this build: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards/comments/34amdn/preset_wizard_build_arcane_disintegrate/

It's fairly boring (for me) to play but you clear things quickly without great gear.

For anyone NOT playing seasons, and wants a nice boost, gimme a shout in game :)
    royalmarine#2579

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only up to T3 rifts and grifts myself so far, and not having much luck with loot. Fun though, as i'm loving the Wizard.

Kiith wrote: »
    Only up to T3 rifts and grifts myself so far, and not having much luck with loot. Fun though, as i'm loving the Wizard.

Wizard is a **** ton of fun. The loot has been cat for me too.

Kadala is being a prick tease with the gear too.

Kiith wrote: »

Was poking T4 on the wizard but wasn't having luck with drops so switched to melee for a bit, T6 rifts/grifts cleared on the monk. The monk got some really good RNG early on with set drops. Have been duoing every second evening with a friend which has helped speed things up quite a bit.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Comfortably in T5-6 on my Season Barb using a Hammer/Charge build with sets/legendaries that emphasise them - but I hate getting to that point where you loot tonnes of legendaries (usually ones you've had before) and never really feel like you're upgrading. On the same token, because you're not upgrading, it's hard to transition to higher torments for the same reason.

I could hop into lobbies at 7-10 and leech but I'm not that type. The only logical upgrade paths I can go now (seeing as I'm literally only geared in relative items I need) is regular gems and GR gems (but already have one at L25 and another at 15+)

Yeah, I *often* reroll something else after hitting this point just for a change. At least you share blood shards across characters.

I just bought this in the PSN sale, could someone tell me what a season is?

afaik seasons is only available for pc and not the consoles.Im open to correction though.

Seasons are basically a reason to start a character from scratch with loads of challenges,unique legendary drops and a public leader board.

Also this is my wizard.

Just got them from playing mate, rifts, bounties,G rifts etc.
    I actually have that set twice over,also have the full tal rasha,firebird and delsere sets.

From T9 and T10 a tonne of stuff drops.

Just got them from playing mate, rifts, bounties,G rifts etc.
    I actually have that set twice over,also have the full tal rasha,firebird and delsere sets.

From T9 and T10 a tonne of stuff drops.

Aye. Im sitting in T3 so im gonna up it and see how I get on.

Its so annoying as the tier bonus set would really help my DPS

Got my 2nd piece of Tal Rasha there, but that's about it so far. Might change to an Archon buld and see what that's like.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kiith-1402/hero/64841284

• Advertisement

I run both these builds on my wiz.

One of the more interesting builds in the game in my opinion,good for playing in groups, not as good as archon for solo play.

Vyrs Archon Build

more details here

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57538-quin69-gr66-vyrs-archon-wizard

Im using the Storm build myself and wielding the double hydra bonus from one of my legendaries. I dont have the set bonus from Tal Rasha but the DPS is solid and devastating for mobs.

T7 farming sweet spot is now a faceroll for my monk after I got the second bit of Shenlong's set. Very happy, the playstyle is fairly active too which is nice.

Rolled a second season wizard purely for a second build and gear so i dont have to keep swapping gear,builds,gems etc , took about 30 mins when boosted.
    Might do the same for my WD.

Rolled a second season wizard purely for a second build and gear so i dont have to keep swapping gear,builds,gems etc , took about 30 mins when boosted.
    Might do the same for my WD.

Id love to come along for a boost (PC) myself if anyone is up for helping me over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

perfect time for ye to get a gem of ease to 25, socket that badboy into a big fat level 70 weapon with xp on it, then find yourself a leoric's signet and slap it in the cube with another 25 Gem of ease, making it level 1, then... grab a hellfire ring :D

did that the other day, also had 3 bovine bardiche's to play with in the cube.

Mate boosted me from 0-70 in 15 minutes - did the cow level 3 times :D

I'd take a weekend boost as well if it's going. Would like to get a Monk up to lvl70, but not sure i want to go through the levelling again (even though it's pretty quick).

Guys quick question about the keys.

I was reading online somewhere that you need 5 stacks of Horodric might (yellow things that look like health globes) for the key to drop. Please god tell me thats not true....

I was reading online somewhere that you need 5 stacks of Horodric might (yellow things that look like health globes) for the key to drop. Please god tell me thats not true....

100% not true :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Keys from the Keywardens? No, they'll drop without 5 stacks. They just have a low drop rate depending on your Torment lvl. RoyalMarine posted an infographic which shows drop chances per Torment level.

Advertisement