Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well thank christ for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yffisch

It took me 2 years to even be able to like this game. Though, now after playing through the game a couple of times learning what everything does etc etc...it feels okay. Though the major issue with the game is that there's no skill points or stat points. That was kind of the things that kept D2 alive. I prefer D1 nevertheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yffisch wrote: »
    It took me 2 years to even be able to like this game. Though, now after playing through the game a couple of times learning what everything does etc etc...it feels okay. Though the major issue with the game is that there's no skill points or stat points. That was kind of the things that kept D2 alive. I prefer D1 nevertheless!

Have you tried Path of Exile?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yffisch

nesf wrote: »
    Have you tried Path of Exile?

Nope, but maybe I should? :)

Yffisch wrote: »
    Nope, but maybe I should? :)

Free to play ARPG on Steam (microtransactions for some stuff). A *lot* more like D1/D2 than D3. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Mentioning POE in this thread is blasphemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Is it at all possible to buy Diablo 1 or 2 for win 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ye can buy them both from the blizzard store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Only 2 as far as I can see, but that helps already.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Only 2 as far as I can see, but that helps already.

That's weird, http://eu.battle.net/en/games/classic - they've removed original Diablo - i'd hazzard a guess that it's not compatible with some OS (probably W10) I doubt they'll leave it like that for long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got a little bored with my Wizard so i rolled a DH, and my god those guys are just glass cannons!

they're one of the weaker classes this season too, but i like them

the nats build is especially fun if you can get the gear for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I should start this post by saying I'm new to Diablo, and picked it up fairly cheap on PS4, rolled a Crusader and dove in.

I really enjoyed it and played it non stop for a few days, got myself to 70 and started doing T1 rifts, I had it set to Public, so anyone could join.

was i think Paragon lvl 2 and just running rifts with a random Paragon 60-something wizard, then this 3000-something barb joined and just annihilated everything really quickly, but my Paragon level started shooting up rapidly, think I'm at like 308 or something now, no clue what was going on, presumed it was a kind of boost but now I think i'm being naive?

Anyone any clue what was going on? Just hope I haven't gimped my toon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

More than likely came across someone with duped/hacked gear. PS4 version end game is rife with it. Happened me as well,went up 300 paragon lvls in one rift. As paragon points can be shared across toons it took the fun/challenge out of the game for me so started again.

Not gonna lie,was a slog getting characters back up to 70 but once i got there again i felt i could enjoy the game again.

My PSN name is: EoinHef

Add me if you wanna play in a group,prefer playing online than solo but ive no desire to play with randoms as the hacking/cheating is rife. Makes the game pointless imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Cheers for clearing it up, at work at the minute, ill add you when I get home!

Don't know if i've the heart to start again, should have just left as soon as I smelt a rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cool man,im not playing as much as i used to but usually on a few nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks, im not a seasoned Diablo 3 player like many of you. To tell the truth, I bought it and did the main quests and finished it but started adventure mode and left the game for ages.

Decided to update it tonight and started playing again, doing bounties mainly. Im only level 51 after playing for ages.

I've been reading about power leveling, dupes and loads of stuff I have no idea what they are talking about though.

Are there any tips on leveling, id be happy to get to level 70.

All guidance appreciated :) im playing on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks, im not a seasoned Diablo 3 player like many of you. To tell the truth, I bought it and did the main quests and finished it but started adventure mode and left the game for ages.

Decided to update it tonight and started playing again, doing bounties mainly. Im only level 51 after playing for ages.

I've been reading about power leveling, dupes and loads of stuff I have no idea what they are talking about though.

Are there any tips on leveling, id be happy to get to level 70.

All guidance appreciated :) im playing on ps4.

Sounds like you left the difficulty at the default setting as if you up it during the main quest as things start getting easier due to better gear most will reach 70 or just shy after finishing it. Id advise upping difficulty and seeing how you go lvls come suprisingly quicker when you even jump up one level of difficulty. Problem with PS4 as others have stated is public games arent really an option due to other duping and hacking and potentially ruining it for you if you come across them so you need to find people who you can do private games with and will bring you through bounties and rifts so you can learn the ropes there and begin figuring out what kind of build you want to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bought this today. Yet to fire it up but I'm not sure I'll know what I should be doing.

Enjoyed Torchlight 1 but it didn't hold me for too long. Anyone got any good tips out there or links to vids that'll set me up nicely so I can hit the ground running?

The campaign is a bit of a grind after a while but it's fairly decent the first time ye play it - i'd suggest you play it on a difficulty that you can kill elites and champions fairly quickly and trash in one or two hits - just to get it out of the way.

Then when you're done with the campaign, switch to adventure mode and do the bounties which you'll need tonnes and tonnes of, rifts when they get tiresome and grifts when you get keys, switch up the difficulty as you get progressively better gear and back down when it gets rough again. Completing all the bounties on an act (do the bonus act first always) will award you a cache and a bonus cache which have materials and rares/legendaries gems etc..

Ideally you'll want to keep red gems (socket one in a helm as soon as you can for the XP bonus) and another in your weapon to increase your damage. This works great at lower levels. At higher levels change the weapon's gem from red to green (crit hit damage)

TLDR:
    • Complete campaign
    • Socket Red gem in Helm and Weapon (regardless of class)
    • Do bonus Bounties
    • Do Rifts
    • Do Grifts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

as above.

The game also opens up once you hit level 70.Great armour sets(green items) become available.

Good class to get to grips with starting off is a barbarian(imho).Concentrate on crit hit chance and crit hit damage and when you hit level 70 look into getting the Raekor armour set. Its a beast :)

Barb is a great choice for your first toon, 30% less damage taken and it's a powerhouse! :)

So. I've been playing it on/off today and I have to say I'm enjoying it, quite a bit.

I have played Torchlight before and liked it. Understood it was very similar to the Diablo series but I never knew how close to it was actually. Plays almost identically.

Some of the gear is a little puzzling to get your head around and finding the balance good regular armour and the payoff from (lower stat) magic/regen items is something I'll get used to fairly quickly I would imagine.
    Currently level 11/12 having just beaten the Skeleton King.

I'll definitely be sticking with it for some time anyway.

So. I've been playing it on/off today and I have to say I'm enjoying it, quite a bit.

I have played Torchlight before and liked it. Understood it was very similar to the Diablo series but I never knew how close to it was actually. Plays almost identically.

Some of the gear is a little puzzling to get your head around and finding the balance good regular armour and the payoff from (lower stat) magic/regen items is something I'll get used to fairly quickly I would imagine.
    Currently level 11/12 having just beaten the Skeleton King.

I'll definitely be sticking with it for some time anyway.

When you're levelling you're normally setting the difficulty low enough that things die quickly. In this situation all you usually care about is a ruby in the helm for extra xp and the weapon with the best damage. Levelling in a group is best (xp items are shared across the group) but it can be hard to arrange.

Levelling builds exist but they are only necessary if you're trying to be shorten the amount of time you spend levelling and can't find someone to boost you (if you want someone here could probably get you to 70 in 20-30 minutes, you won't be doing much except staying back and trying not to die though).

Finished the campaign yesterday having gotten to Level 43 or so on the default difficulty. Enjoyed it the whole way through but found myself not taking much damage. Started it again to level up to 70 and am finding it a little more difficult but not that much.

Should I level to 70 via the campaign?
    Haven't even gone online as of yet.

do adventure mode instead - you'll need the materials you get from bounty caches - plus you get to do rifts for free at any town you like - just click the big black pylon thing :) the difficulty for standard rifts scales to the same difficulty you chose before starting the game too, so if you're on expert - the rift is expert too, if you're on torment, the rift is torment etc..

but mainly do the bounties, they award tonnes of xp and have some excellent legenadries, particularly the act1 bounties ring

Should I level to 70 via the campaign?
    Haven't even gone online as of yet.

I'd mix generally just do rifts/bounties.

For the xp I'd do rifts at a level where it takes me about 10/15 minutes.

you also know you have it set 2 too high when it takes 30 minutes to kill the rift boss :pac::P

Ended up getting Reaper of Souls too. Playing through the campaingn on that. Then I'll go onto the rifts etc afterwards.

I liked the RoS campaign too, be careful on malthael :)

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed RoS.

Advertisement