Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The bosses at times in RoS make you approach them in a different way than normal. Often you've to attack someone protecting them before you an do any damage. Normally as a Barb I'm finding myself just standing and wailing on the bosses/elites.

Currently finding it hard to let go of any legendary equipment for anything else other than legendary equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BarJustas

I liked the RoS too ! :D

Not too sure but I think I may have lost my Barbarian.
    Got a prompt that server will shut down within 10. Exited the game. Booted it up over an hour later and my character isn't there anymore and they're asking me to select a new one. I was only playing solo/'offline'
    A new season has started too. Hmmm
    EDIT:
    Battlenet doesn't seem to want to go online for me. Might be related to that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Make sure you havent selected the wrong region. When european servers go down for example, battle net has a habbit of selecting "america" as default for its games. Thats probably why you arent seeing your character.....it doesnt exist on the american servers.

Yeah. It's back now. I assume that's what was happening since there was maintenance going on until 8 this morning or so. Although the Monk I got to level 15 last night is gone....or it's on another server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i tried to login last night too for a quick rift or two, same thing happened, i had one low level monk on the americas server, and couldnt login to the europe server at all, it's working now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No new expansion announced at blizzcon which is disappointing.

What we did get is a new class....or old one. The Necromancer is back which is pretty cool. A couple new zones for Reaper of Souls adventure mode. And also a remake of Diablo 1 inside of diablo 3.

Better than nothing but I was kind of hoping for diablo 4 or an expansion pack. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kirby wrote: »

What we did get is a new class....or old one. The Necromancer is back which is pretty cool. A couple new zones for Reaper of Souls adventure mode. And also a remake of Diablo 1 inside of diablo 3.

Better than nothing but I was kind of hoping for diablo 4 or an expansion pack. Oh well.

Very disappointing, just one new class, whoopdidoo

And I'm a big fan of the necro, but just him on his own is very underwhelming, everybody will just be rolling him, they should have done a few more classes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Kirby wrote: »

nix wrote: »
    Very disappointing, just one new class, whoopdidoo

And I'm a big fan of the necro, but just him on his own is very underwhelming, everybody will just be rolling him, they should have done a few more classes :rolleyes:

Just to turn the screw a little, the necro is a paid class. You'll also get 2 new char slots, new stash tab, a pet, banner, sigil and portrait. No indication of cost, probably 15€

Heard it's not due out til late next year too, to me that points to blizzard throwing their dev resources elsewhere, wether that means hearthstone, HotS, wow, or sc..or even something new, who knows.

But, announcing what's essentially DLC a year before release is a bit funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

The biggest middle finger to diablo fans to date.

Really wish they would just sell the diablo franchise rights to another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Garbage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How many game makers release their original game in the trilogy or release free new content 5 years after it was released? I think people are really getting spoiled here over what's in reality two free new zones, all of Diablo 1 AND an option to buy a DLC character in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Nothing about the announcement excites me,weather it was free or not really.

Cant really see players who put a lot of time into the game and expansion coming back for this alone. Either give us a brand new and unique expansion or just let Diablo 3 rest in peace at this point.

Novelty content aside,

I was at least expecting news of an expansion, this.. is just keeping the game simmering before the last of the water boils away.

Necro should have been in the original lineup anyway, took them 5 years to listen to their fans. Dunno if i cba even picking it up without anything new to do in the game, played to death and seasons havent been changed in ages either. Literally no new content, massive meh.

Any sign of blood golem and iron maiden even? :p

I agree with the majority here, the announcement is very lacklustre, if continuing they should do one big last expansion before going onto 4. Throw the druid class in on top of the necro, heck maybe even throw in something new. The game could do with loads of classes, not like they have pvp to worry about balancing issues. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Novelty content aside,

I was at least expecting news of an expansion, this.. is just keeping the game simmering before the last of the water boils away.

Necro should have been in the original lineup anyway, took them 5 years to listen to their fans. Dunno if i cba even picking it up without anything new to do in the game, played to death and seasons havent been changed in ages either. Literally no new content, massive meh.
    Perhaps the rest of the Diablo team are working on a proper sequel in the meantime and it's just too early to show it off so they've released this relatively small bit of new content to keep people going?

gizmo wrote: »
    Perhaps the rest of the Diablo team are working on a proper sequel in the meantime and it's just too early to show it off so they've released this relatively small bit of new content to keep people going?

Yeah i dunno, it seems that way, but as they've got people working on HotS, Overwatch, HS, WoW, D3, etc.. it may just be that they're circling the wagons and consolidating what they have by introducing as little content as they can but still keeping the fire going with a new class.

Sadly, playing a necro in the exact same content they have in right now, is going to be just as dull as playing any of the others is right now.
    The last year or so in D3 has been as without content as Warlords of Draenor was in WoW. When Jay Wilson got turfed out for his slagging off David Brevik very (stupidly)publicly, the game actually took a swing in the right direction with paragon levels and seasons, and that kept up for around a year but since then it's been a large nothing after nothing season regarding changes and content. Literally nothing in the last 2 or 3 seasons has changed. So, yeah.. to me, the game is dead. And introducing a new character to grind through all of that is going to last maybe one season provided you actually enjoy playing necro.. which tbh, not everyone does. But anyway..

Just a sidenote, The novelty content they are adding could explain why David Brevik was at Blizzard recently. But it also kind of kills the theory that they were working on a new expansion with him as he's moved to PoE, so he was probably just there to give the allclear for the new levels based off his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yeah i dunno, it seems that way, but as they've got people working on HotS, Overwatch, HS, WoW, D3, etc.. it may just be that they're circling the wagons and consolidating what they have by introducing as little content as they can but still keeping the fire going with a new class.
    Also quite possible. It's worth bearing in mind they've got about 800 people on the development side of things over there so there's still a good chance there's still a core team working on the next entry in the series. Slightly less scientific is the fact that, according to their release calendar, we are "due" another Diablo game next and I really can't see them trying out a new franchise what with Overwatch, HS and HoTS out in the wild.

So yea, is the announcement a little disappointing? Perhaps. But imo, only in the context of there being no news on the next iteration in the franchise. Aside from that, I find it hard to fault the idea of idea of getting a chunk of free content and a new character as DLC, however boring long time fans may find the proposition, for, one hopes, a small investment.

Then again, I guess it's easier for me to say what when I haven't been back to the game since my initial playthrough and Reaper of Souls is still sitting on the shelf mocking me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actually, I would be happy with it. I always wanted proper necro in Diablo 3. New zones and content? Yup, I'll take it! Late 2017?! Feck off cup!

• Advertisement

Has it been near 2 years since the last comment? Anywho, vid posted up on the Diablo FB page, makes mention of multiple Diablo projects in the works, with probably something being shown at this years Blizzcon. Blizzard will take as long as they take, but it's good to hear they won't be leaving as long a gap between Diablo titles like before.

https://www.facebook.com/Diablo.eu/videos/1347849251984992/?sk=h_chr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Diablo 4 or World of Diablo i wonder.

I think Diablo 4 is probably a given. They've also been hiring for a new title in the Diablo universe, which to me is aside from a D4. I don't think they'll go the MMO route tbh, unless the latest expansion to WoW is the one they use to kill it off. (Every new MMO has been touted as a WoW killer, but in truth, the only thing that could kill WoW would be a new Blizzard MMO, be that WoW2 or something else. I just don't think a Diablo based MMO would have the same drawing power).

Would they dare go the route of Destiny/The Division? FPSMMO / 3PSMMO?
    Diablo TCG? I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Diablo mobile no doubt...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Diablo Royale for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

More grinding, weaker RPG elements, more po-faced writing, all with that flawless Blizzard polish and window-dressing.

What's an ARPG without any role-playing?

I would love a world of diablo, but i would love a world of starcraft even more :D

I'm hoping its diablo 4 though and not another expansion, or even worse, another playable class, the Necromancer content added feck all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah the Necromancer class did nothing to bring me back to the game.

If they had of made another expansion as good as reaper of souls i would have been all over it. But instead we get a one class for €15 iirc.

Id hope buying classes is not a thing in any new diablo. Ive no problem paying for more content for the classes to plough through but i think the classes are what provides variety to the game so id hate to see some behind a paywall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi.

I'm new to this... Just finished the campaign. How do I apply the pandemonium buff to my character? I'm a wizard class...

Thanks

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm new to this... Just finished the campaign. How do I apply the pandemonium buff to my character? I'm a wizard class...

Thanks

The buff is based on kill streaks. So, as your kill streak gets higher, a different Pandemonium buff activates at different levels:
    • 5 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
    • 30 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
    • 50 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
    • 100 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
    • 150 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
    • 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
    • 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
    • 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
    • 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause. Angels should no longer one-shot Rift Guardians.
    • 1000 Kills: ??? (Uber Diablo that one shots you. Yes this is deliberate)

I'm not sure if it's possible to trigger outside of a seasonal character though.

Advertisement