Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options
1167168169170171173»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

The buff is based on kill streaks. So, as your kill streak gets higher, a different Pandemonium buff activates at different levels:
    • 5 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
    • 30 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
    • 50 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
    • 100 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
    • 150 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
    • 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
    • 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
    • 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
    • 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause. Angels should no longer one-shot Rift Guardians.
    • 1000 Kills: ??? (Uber Diablo that one shots you. Yes this is deliberate)

I'm not sure if it's possible to trigger outside of a seasonal character though.

Do I need to start a new seasonal charachter and start the game from scratch?!! - Seems all my work and gear is lost then!

Is it added as a gear piece to get the buff?

Sorry new to the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

sticker wrote: »
    Do I need to start a new seasonal charachter and start the game from scratch?!! - Seems all my work and gear is lost then!

Is it added as a gear piece to get the buff?

Sorry new to the game...

No worries, everyone is new to something at some stage. If you don't ask you you'll never know.

Seasonal characters are seperate from Non Seasonal. Your work and gear is not lost, but they won't carry over into a seasonal char, they'll just remain on your non seasonal one.

Because you've completed the campaign, you won't need to do it again on a seasonal char. Once you start a seasonal char, you can head straight into Adventure mode. (This depends on which version of the game you have though. You will need the Reaper of Souls expansion). This is where everything is open to you from the get go:
    • Bounties (For crafting materials)
    • Rifts (great for farming loot and needed for keys to open Greater Rifts)
    • Greater Rifts (This is where you get special gems that have unique properties that help increase damage, defense, speed, etc)

Each season comes with unique rewards and a specific gear set for each class (Only one gear set can be claimed over the course of 4 Hoaradric Chests, no matter how many chars you create, so choose wisely).

At the end of each season, all seasonal chars, all gear and gems, all gold, and all Paragon XP is tranfered over to non seasonal.

Current FOM is the Whirlwind / Rend Barb, using the Wrath of the Wastes set. It's pretty much spin to win.

The buff isn't added to anything. There's a little sword icon over your health bar (PC) which counts up your kills. Once it hits one of the thresholds, it unleashes the relevant buff, and your counter keeps going up. If you don't at least damage an enemy, the counter resets after about 5/10 secs, and you start from scratch again.

Are you PC or Console?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah there are plenty of ways to get level boosted in this game, if you wanna skip to max level again, join a guild/clan and then politely ask in guild chat if you can join someone doing high levels rifts for a level boost.

You then trail behind them as they kill loads of enemies in rifts and you will fly up in levels, you can hit max level within like 30mins.. Then you just gotta worry about gear, which you can get steadily doing bounties..

Dont be worrying about doing the story again by the way, this is diablo, its all about the repetition and looking for good drops.

No worries, everyone is new to something at some stage. If you don't ask you you'll never know.

Seasonal characters are seperate from Non Seasonal. Your work and gear is not lost, but they won't carry over into a seasonal char, they'll just remain on your non seasonal one.

Because you've completed the campaign, you won't need to do it again on a seasonal char. Once you start a seasonal char, you can head straight into Adventure mode. (This depends on which version of the game you have though. You will need the Reaper of Souls expansion). This is where everything is open to you from the get go:
    • Bounties (For crafting materials)
    • Rifts (great for farming loot and needed for keys to open Greater Rifts)
    • Greater Rifts (This is where you get special gems that have unique properties that help increase damage, defense, speed, etc)

Each season comes with unique rewards and a specific gear set for each class (Only one gear set can be claimed over the course of 4 Hoaradric Chests, no matter how many chars you create, so choose wisely).

At the end of each season, all seasonal chars, all gear and gems, all gold, and all Paragon XP is tranfered over to non seasonal.

Current FOM is the Whirlwind / Rend Barb, using the Wrath of the Wastes set. It's pretty much spin to win.

The buff isn't added to anything. There's a little sword icon over your health bar (PC) which counts up your kills. Once it hits one of the thresholds, it unleashes the relevant buff, and your counter keeps going up. If you don't at least damage an enemy, the counter resets after about 5/10 secs, and you start from scratch again.

Are you PC or Console?

Thanks for the detailed reply - much appreciated! - I'm on PS4 - Have the full expansion pack.

I am jumping in with packs of higher players and picking up good loot along the way. My average attack weapon was 3-5K, but today I jumped in with a 10,000 player and he gifted me a sword of 68K!!!! - But my magic resevoir depleats in seconds with this power.

Shame I couldn;t just jump on with a very high player group and get loot that way and enjoy the power.

I find with all the loot its very tricky to see whats good and not - I'm only an ocasional player so not much time on my hands!

nix wrote: »
    Yeah there are plenty of ways to get level boosted in this game, if you wanna skip to max level again, join a guild/clan and then politely ask in guild chat if you can join someone doing high levels rifts for a level boost.

You then trail behind them as they kill loads of enemies in rifts and you will fly up in levels, you can hit max level within like 30mins.. Then you just gotta worry about gear, which you can get steadily doing bounties..

Dont be worrying about doing the story again by the way, this is diablo, its all about the repetition and looking for good drops.

Many Thanks - I'd love to meet up online with a few high level ps4 players and get some unwanted loot that way :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement