Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Uh oh....so I logged on this morning to take a peek. Ended up being 40 mins late for work. This cant end well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cheapest place for a copy?

HMV? Smyths? GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 enosis

Pre-ordered 2 copies for me and my wife two months ago from Amazon: "Dispatch Estimate Monday 14 May 2012" and still "Dispatching Soon" :(

Anyone that wouldn't mind sparing a guest-pass? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

45 in hmv but there might be limited stock

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's a really really long day at work for me :(. At least it's very busy day, so time flies. Still here for another hour or so. :(

Come on clock! Go faster ya prick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Has anyone been to town (Dublin) today to pick up a copy? Going in at lunch time but wondering will it be sold out everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's sitting at home on my PC in my apartment, and I've to stay in my parents house to mind the dog for the next two days. Up yours, fate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just a reminder, keep all Diablo 3 discussion to this thread, no need for multiple threads. I'll keep the player list one open for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

€55 in Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

30mins or so in, I get my first rare item, loot and equip, and earn an achievement. Well played Blizzard, well played....you know exactly how to get me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just been down to gamestop navan and they have rakes of copies of the vanilla so no worries its €54.99 the robbing fooks but still installing now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ah the joys of being an unemployed college student!
    I even got up nice and early at 10am this morning to play a little - truth be told, with my brain addled from the click click click, I could scarcely sleep anyway.. :o

For those who haven't played any in the series before:

It's an rpg set set in a fictional medieval world. There are hundreds and thousands of monsters to kill. They drop loot.

Your character gains levels by killing them and finishing quests.
    So far, it's somewhat more linear than I remember D2 being but that could easily change as I've only done a part of one act.

When you gain levels, you gain attribute points that depend on your character (strength, agility, intelligence, vitality and so on) and affect your life, damage, defence etc.
    More importantly, higher levels unlock new skills; about 20 or 30 in total. Each skill then has upgrades which change their power or sometimes in a more fundamental way that change how you use it.

The game play is frantic and you sprint from monster to monster, killing, pillaging and generally being a menace. The physics are a bit mental but it's certainly satisfying when you smack a zombie over the face with a club and send him flying.
    It's very easy to wittle away hours on it.

It's not all just hack and slash and looting - the story is beautifully presented with cutscenes between important plot points.

You can play co-op mode with up to 4 other players. Later on, they'll be introducing player-vs-player combat arenas but they're not quite balanced for it yet so they decided to ship now with the bulk of the game working.

The minimum requirements are quite low - if your computer is less than 5/6 years you can almost certainly play it. After that, you need an internet connection.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Price-wise it's seems to be €55-€40 at the moment - eventually in the coming weeks the price will probably settle around the €40 mark once the hubbub dies down. With 5 characters that seem far more diverse than in the previous 2 games there's a colossal amount of replayability to be had so it's definitely value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Got one of the last copies in HMV Henry st. 48 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got one of the last copies in HMV Henry st. 48 euro

Oh god don't say that, about to go into town now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Smyths in Bray only had two copies ordered, luckily my mate got both :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine still hasn't arrived :'( it'll probably arrive now while I'm out this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Mine still hasn't arrived :'( it'll probably arrive now while I'm out this afternoon

Waiting for mine too. It's with a courier somewhere - can see it's been with the driver for delivery since 8am but still not here *chomps nails*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Can this be installed on an unlimited number of machines so long as I'm only logged into one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

abelard wrote: »
    Waiting for mine too. It's with a courier somewhere - can see it's been with the driver for delivery since 8am but still not here *chomps nails*

Last event on mine was"arrived At destination country" :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Can this be installed on an unlimited number of machines so long as I'm only logged into one?

Yes - you can log in on any D3 client through your BNet ID.

Getting this myself (NA) tomorrow and cannot WAIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Last event on mine was"arrived At destination country" :s

Wondering if I can just ring the driver and get him to read me out the installation key ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

iv never played any diablo games but the amount of interest in this has got me interested but im not sure if its for me or not. i played the open beta a small bit and it was ok. just wondering was the beta any close representation of the full game at all

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Anyone got a guest pass I can have?

My order for a key just got refunded due to low stock, and everywhere else seems to be having the same issue :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

iv never played any diablo games but the amount of interest in this has got me interested but im not sure if its for me or not. i played the open beta a small bit and it was ok. just wondering was the beta any close representation of the full game at all

recent open beta, about a month ago? no changes afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

My mate just died at level 10 in hardcore! sickening lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just started Act 2 and the zombie dogs are almost useless now. Die way to quick. Difficulty ramped up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Shzm wrote: »
    Anyone got a guest pass I can have?

My order for a key just got refunded due to low stock, and everywhere else seems to be having the same issue :/

Stupid question but why dont you just buy it off Blizz digitally?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

watch out for those creepy trees! ..they hurt... a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just popped into HMV Grafton street and they're sold out. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Wossack wrote: »
    recent open beta, about a month ago? no changes afaik

ye that was the one i played, the stress test one. i wasnt that taken aback by it but i suppose it was only the first few levels, just wondering does it change much

Advertisement