Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got some AMAZING news this morning. A friend in gamestop rang me to say someone called to cancel their pre-order of the CE as he had got the digital copy last night.

Went straight down there at 10am after pretty much no sleep and got my hands on it. Now I just need to sort that refund for the normal edition but from what I have heard that should be no problem.

After all my trying I finally got it, so god damn happy!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

After playing for a couple hours this morning I return to find my character is trapped on a bloody American server.

Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Itching to play this game, but sadly I don't get paid for another 2 weeks!

Can I be a bollocks and ask someone if they could spare me a guest pass? I would be forever grateful.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well **** me sideways and call me an apple was that 2 hours already?! The only reason I went off Diablo because I need to walk "my" dog and I need to walk a dog too. :)

Fantastic!!! Demon hunter is awesome! And this class was in the bottom of my favourites!

Will go get some more coke and off for another session!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

****IN love it...I am crap but I ****in love it.

Its so so good....just wish I had played the first 2 games, BTW lads tesco have the large pack of figrolls 100% free PERFECT for inbetween clicks!!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ****IN love it...I am crap but I ****in love it.

Its so so good....just wish I had played the first 2 games, BTW lads tesco have the large pack of figrolls 100% free PERFECT for inbetween clicks!!! :D:D

i have a bag of Tayto's, energy drink by the side of me. still full after my mcdonalds though :D. misses back home 18:00 so ill expect dinner :D ( i am such a bastard! ).
    k, will have to go back in soon. damn time flew in diablo, i cant believe they did not ****ed it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

So whats it like ? might pick it up tomorrow

What you give it out of 10 disregarding the connection issues

It's taking a beating on meta critic http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii/user-reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Lone Stone wrote: »

It's taking a beating on meta critic http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii/user-reviews

most of them "reviews" are just people bitching about last nights server problems. like that hasn't ever happened to any game at all in the existence of online gaming eh ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Lone Stone wrote: »

What you give it out of 10 disregarding the connection issues

user review section on metacritic needs a nerd-raging fanboi filter, else its to be disregarded.. sure look at the user reviews for mass effect 3

its a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loving the dyes.. the angel wings... looking like a total ****ing badass already ! How are people finding the other classes ? Loving the wizard, really fun. And like you shadow... i must walk the dogs ! Or i'll turn into a fat mess by the end of the summer !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Enjoying it so far but am a bit disappointed at the lack of a skill tree.

one more prove that metacrtic score should go and **** it self. its about 12h pass release and it is fully functional. i had not a single problem so far, did not encountered a single bug. ****ing no life spastic nerds need to get a life.

Magill wrote: »
    Loving the dyes.. the angel wings... looking like a total ****ing badass already ! How are people finding the other classes ? Loving the wizard, really fun. And like you shadow... i must walk the dogs ! Or i'll turn into a fat mess by the end of the summer !

are those dyes only 1 time use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Eh I've just spent an hour installing it and now I can't login to the battle.net servers? The "LOGIN" button is greyed out and there's a message at the side saying servers are a full capacity.

Is there any way I can play without having to login to the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

my god blanch centre hmv/game sold out and i need to pay 54e to gamestop D:

i didnt know id be at home to play this otherwise id preorder it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

lafors wrote: »
    Eh I've just spent an hour installing it and now I can't login to the battle.net servers? The "LOGIN" button is greyed out and there's a message at the side saying servers are a full capacity.

Is there any way I can play without having to login to the server?

Don't mind me, I wasn't using my email address like it told me too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh just been hovering through the reviews on metacritic link above, alot of people hating on it. The campaign story is only 8hrs long? wtf? You get kicked from your own single player game for being afk???

Is everything done automatically? like stats, talents etc? Has anyone that has played the **** out of D2 give a short opinion so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    Ugh just been hovering through the reviews on metacritic link above, alot of people hating on it. The campaign story is only 8hrs long? wtf? You get kicked from your own single player game for being afk???

Is everything done automatically? like stats, talents etc? Has anyone that has played the **** out of D2 give a short opinion so far?

Its true. Dunno about the AFK = Kick but stats are not assigned and gained depending on class per level. No talents neither. There are skills and 5 runes for each skill that alter them. But there is no set in stone spec as you can change your spells and runes on the fly. I think im nearing the end of Act 2 and im about 5 hours in, maybe 6. If Act 4 is similiar to Diablo 2 and alot shorter then it could indeed be about 10 hours or so per play through. Im guessing thats why they added the extra dificulty.

Otherwise im enjoying it. Its very polished as Blizzard games tend to be. Im thinking the "specs" in this game is finding out what spell and rune combinations work for you and running with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I afked alot (alot!) during the open beta, and never got kicked - so unless theres a new thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

How has your guys luck been with loot so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Its true. Dunno about the AFK = Kick but stats are not assigned and gained depending on class per level. No talents neither. There are skills and 5 runes for each skill that alter them. But there is no set in stone spec as you can change your spells and runes on the fly. I think im nearing the end of Act 2 and im about 5 hours in, maybe 6. If Act 4 is similiar to Diablo 2 and alot shorter then it could indeed be about 10 hours or so per play through. Im guessing thats why they added the extra dificulty.

Otherwise im enjoying it. Its very polished as Blizzard games tend to be. Im thinking the "specs" in this game is finding out what spell and rune combinations work for you and running with it.

Yeah but you should be getting alot more than 8hrs gameplay on your first play through, unless most are skipping through the story? I would expect atleast 6-8hrs per act considering the long ass wait :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was watching a stream lastnight and i was shocked at the amount that were slating the game.
    Im only lvl 5 so far so its no different to the beta i played yet.
    I got to play the beta on the same weekend as i got to play path of exile both games my first time to play and i was shocked after years of hype to find path of exile better to play.

Id always hoped diablo3 improved once i got past the levels i was limited to in the beta so heres hoping those metacritic reviews and those i mentioned on that stream are all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I havent been paying much attention to D3 but i have played d1 & 2 so i might pick it up on the way home from college tomorrow.

Im just wondering if it still has the random dungeon map type of thing ? that would add lots of gameplay if its only about 8 hours long =/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't look at the achievements unless you want the bosses spoiled on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Logged in and suddenlt it's six hours later! Grrr.

One legendary item found though along with some rares. :)
    Level 14 and coming up to the end of the first Act i think.
    Have died once so far and that was just cos I was acting the maggot, not very challenging on normal so far so am looking forward to the harder modes!

Dunno. Diablo is one of those games where you can't say how long it takes to finish it. 8-10 hours normal difficulty steam rolling sounds long. Diablo is not about how long it takes you to go to finish. It's about how challenging it is and about your characters gear and spec.
    It's a loot whore game. So for some it might look very grindy and repeatable. I think a lot of moaners are the ones who are totally new to series and don't have a clue what Diablo was all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yeah but you should be getting alot more than 8hrs gameplay on your first play through, unless most are skipping through the story? I would expect atleast 6-8hrs per act considering the long ass wait :(

I've spent about 6-8 hours on act 1:confused:

Gbear wrote: »
    I've spent about 6-8 hours on act 1:confused:

I am 3.5hours in act 1 so far and still not finished ( play time ). unless the rest of the acts are tiny, I can't see it being 8h on normal difficulty. I am pretty much steam rolling too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It came yuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can Mac play with PC obviously?
    And if you start a campaign online, how does it match if others are further ahead of you? i.e if your friends started already and you start late? can you join them? also is there voice communication?

noob questions

Advertisement