Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

As said already, Diablo isn't about normal mode, it's about nightmare mode and replaying it.
    There are still people who play D2 on occasion which shows the replay value and I doubt D3 will be any different.

Got around to reading some of the metacritic reviews and it seems like 90% of them are from people who haven't even played the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The only guest passes I got were warcraft ones :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Is it necessary to have played Diablo 1 & 2 before launching into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Finished Act 1 in 4.5 hours. Not bad in my opinion, especially on normal. If the rest of the acts are this long then that is a pretty substantial campaign for the easiest difficulty mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Placebo wrote: »
    And if you start a campaign online, how does it match if others are further ahead of you? i.e if your friends started already and you start late? can you join them?

I was wondering about this. I know that monsters get stronger the more players that are added, something like 25% per extra player, but what about when the player levels are mixed? I was playing with a level 12 character with a much lower starting level character. How does this work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

You can just jump in whenever. On the beta my first game started with what i thought was a very odd quest untill i noticed that all my companions were level 5 and a few quests into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

are those dyes only 1 time use?

No, unlimited, i've all my stuff dyed white ! Look like yer man from assasins creed. Awesome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

****ing City Link, where the hell is my package. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh, i was mistaken. Time flies when you play this game. Im 8 hours 45mins in and feel im nearing the end of Act 2. Im not rushing through the game as im taking time to talk to some of the NPCs but not overdoing it. Also when im out wandering and i find the doorway or path i need to enter to complete my goal i will enter it. Im not exploring every nook and cranny.

8hours per run is bull****

Just checked a stream there real quick and the guy thats playing is in Hell Difficulty already with lvl 55 chars :S
    Inferno gonna be cleared within a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh, i was mistaken. Time flies when you play this game. Im 8 hours 45mins in and feel im nearing the end of Act 2. Im not rushing through the game as im taking time to talk to some of the NPCs but not overdoing it. Also when im out wandering and i find the doorway or path i need to enter to complete my goal i will enter it. Im not exploring every nook and cranny.

8hours per run is bull****

Just checked a stream there real quick and the guy thats playing is in Hell Difficulty already with lvl 55 chars :S
    Inferno gonna be cleared within a week :(

i guess its doable in 8 hours, but whats the point in it?! i am almost 5 hours in and i am still in act1! 5 hours of pure gold! already had good few hairy situations.

i would not worry about inferno cleared. there are always freaks out there, who dont get the point of games - being fun. i cant see him having fun by just rushing it like this. :rolleyes:

i havent played 1 game 4 hours +++ in one go for very very damn long. worst thing about it? i want MOAR!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

how are the boss fights?hard? also I'd give someone a pass but I only warcraft passes :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

i guess its doable in 8 hours, but whats the point in it?! i am almost 5 hours in and i am still in act1! 5 hours of pure gold! already had good few hairy situations.

i would not worry about inferno cleared. there are always freaks out there, who dont get the point of games - being fun. i cant see him having fun by just rushing it like this. :rolleyes:

i havent played 1 game 4 hours +++ in one go for very very damn long. worst thing about it? i want MOAR!!!!
    Just stay away from the likes of wow and that you should be ok;)
    That game took 3 months of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

The thing with people rushing to complete it is its not an accomplishment. With hardcore however it is and thats whats going to make the world firsts interesting, seeing who can beat inferno with 0 deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

DrMorphine wrote: »
    The thing with people rushing to complete it is its not an accomplishment. With hardcore however it is and thats whats going to make the world firsts interesting, seeing who can beat inferno with 0 deaths
    If difficulty is anything like d2 that would be some achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

how are the boss fights?hard? also I'd give someone a pass but I only warcraft passes :-/

Not hard, but they have tactics like an MMO, dont stand in the red stuff, avoid the other stuff. They also have phases, where you think you beat them and they go SUPER ULTRA CHAOS POWER MODE. The boss at the end of Act 2 nearly killed me, but i have yet to die in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Hmm know this is a longshot, but I can't get my copy until the weekend, does anyone have a guest pass? I'll return it once I get my two on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Connavar wrote: »
    Just stay away from the likes of wow and that you should be ok;)
    That game took 3 months of my life

I played Diablo 1 Diablo 2, wow for 5 years, you name it. Got bored of everything and finnaly I got a spark for gaming again. For last few weeks I was just staring at icons on desktop or watching YouTube rubbish or reading boards.

The best part is I am on a search for a new car, but my friend mechanic is out of country for a week. So now I am distracted and not checking donedeal every 2 minutes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Caliden wrote: »
    Got around to reading some of the metacritic reviews and it seems like 90% of them are from people who haven't even played the game.

Metacritic is worthless, the user ratings doubly so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone else getting connection issues? Mate cant connect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

In for about 45 mins, then kicked off

'temp outage of battle.net service' just before leoric...

and now I cant log back in... geez, Im pretty patient, but this is taking the piss slightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Groinshot wrote: »
    Hmm know this is a longshot, but I can't get my copy until the weekend, does anyone have a guest pass? I'll return it once I get my two on Friday.

the list of guest pass requests is getting bigger and bigger, is there anyway of organising it maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I just got it installed there now and yeah I cannot login. Error 37. Servers are full :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

the list of guest pass requests is getting bigger and bigger, is there anyway of organising it maybe??

yeah I have a great way:
    Give me them all and I'll allocate them :P

On a more serious note, I don't know. Ideally there should be a queue, ie who asked first probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Groinshot wrote: »
    yeah I have a great way:
    Give me them all and I'll allocate them :P

On a more serious note, I don't know. Ideally there should be a queue, ie who asked first probably...

how about we split them between me and you :D

maybe we set up a list or can a mod do something about it maybe, im just throwing out ideas here so sorry if we cant do anything about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

since when was this an online game? I thought it was a single player game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

NinjaK wrote: »
    since when was this an online game? I thought it was a single player game

Single player games can be online only. The game was built on battle.net features which makes it online only

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm getting the outage message too. While I trust Blizzard to sort it out fairly pronto, this just reinforces why this is "always online" idea isn't good for customers. They'll have lost a fair bit of goodwill over this. Hopefully it makes them re-consider in the future - though if they make their money regardless, I doubt any opinions will change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I grow weary of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Was on most of today with Wonda , got disconnected about an hour ago though, couldn't get back on after a multiple attempts.

So decided to go on a run for a few km, so I don't feel bad about sittin at the PC for the rest of the night (week) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Know from scrolling through a few thread pages there are alot of Guest pass requests, and i was going to ask for one to check how it runs on my system.:P Anyone know or use a graphics card around 512mb? Tts a Nividia i have just not the best PC at the moment. Was wondering would i be able to play Diablo with decent frames or will it be laggy and stuff?

Advertisement