Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm in !

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

ShaneU wrote: »
    I played for two hours earlier today, I come back now and my character is gone?

Also where do I find my online id?

it should be in your battle.net account i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Dcully wrote: »
    Bigtime, im now seeing on my account page that my wow account is banned FFS i havent played the ****ing thing in ages WTF is that all about, unless i was hacked which i doubt.

you have been hacked by the way. contact blizz and they'll sort it out. best do it quick as if it's been more than two months since you've been hacked you won't be able to get your stuff back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just finished act1. WOW :eek:. blizzard bastards always were good at story telling. i just really hope it wont end up like witcher 2 did :(. act 1 was 8 hours. i hope its not about to finish in act 2...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting an error 3003 now ffs,got disconnected while playing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So if I get one of these guest passes what does it do? Can i play now in some trial or is it that I have to wait a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

it should be in your battle.net account i think

I logged in with my account and it's not there? Has no details of me playing that class at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

haha suckers! I've been logged in all day, my heroic witch doc is level 21 and act two is a nightmare to try keep yourself alive in xD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So if I get one of these guest passes what does it do? Can i play now in some trial or is it that I have to wait a month?

From what I have read, it should give you access now. The 30 day wait is for people without the Guest Pass when the Starter Edition goes live for all for free.

Also, discussing the servers being up and down all day with my housemates when one said "But why would you like to go online with a game like Diablo?" Cue me and my other housemate staring at him for 10 seconds with a "....what are you on about?" look on our faces :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh right thanks, now to find one somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dr Munchenflangen

Im quite happy with it, the small bit I got to play, im only half way through the first act, so far I can't help but be a little disappointed with the art direction, seems to be a bit WOWified, which is a shame, because everything that reminds me of that game makes me want to cringe. Maybe it was just when it was 10 pixels per character it left more to the imagination or something, but I feel the game has lost its authentic hellish feel. Maybe it will pick up, bit early for judgement yet.

Was concerned by how simple and on-rails it was up until the first boss, but apparently this was intended to entice new players as this is the beta/demo section. After this it opened up a bit and began to at least feel a bit like Diablo gameplay wise.

The game runs so smoothly I just cannot believe it, 3 year old laptop and only slows down slightly in areas of very high activity. Dont spend heaps of money on hardware just for this game whatever you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Surprised my starcraft friend list wasn't imported into this, I thought that was the entire point of battlenet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The end of act 2 and start of act 3 is just epic. Loving the game so far, the changes to the skill set-up and classes make more sense the further you progress.

Taking a break now as i've played a lot over the last day ha. Oh and whoever said the game is <10 hours is definitely miss informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Any guest pass still floating around and can I transfer the guest pass character to the full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

just finished act1. WOW :eek:. blizzard bastards always were good at story telling. i just really hope it wont end up like witcher 2 did :(. act 1 was 8 hours. i hope its not about to finish in act 2...

There are four acts, just like diablo2 with a likely fifth act added as DLC.

You don't need to guess when it ends....simply open up your quest log and it clearly shows roman numerals I to IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Played most of the day with seany boy and was great craic....when he got kicked I stayed in and now I am starting half way through act 2 with a lvl 20 Wiz.

Have to say I am lovin the wizard.

I bought the game, installed the game and no probs with the game....so you want me to write the theme toon, sing the theme toon do do do do do!!!!

LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

After much frustration trying to log in (and stay logged in), I finally got a good run at the game for a few hours. My original impression of Demon Hunter's Rapid Fire (before I played her) was "Ah, this skill sounds pretty ****ty, I'll just have to deal with it until Chakram is available".

First thing that sprang to mind after using the skill was this :D So far, it's damn fun - I'm a tad disappointed that the Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter (from what I've played of them) lack the same satisfying smashy goodness of the Barbarian, although it seems expectable. Waiting until 5pm tomorrow to play again is gonna such a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Robby91 wrote: »
    After much frustration trying to log in (and stay logged in), I finally got a good run at the game for a few hours. My original impression of Demon Hunter's Rapid Fire (before I played her) was "Ah, this skill sounds pretty ****ty, I'll just have to deal with it until Chakram is available".

First thing that sprang to mind after using the skill was this :D So far, it's damn fun - I'm a tad disappointed that the Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter (from what I've played of them) lack the same satisfying smashy goodness of the Barbarian, although it seems expectable. Waiting until 5pm tomorrow to play again is gonna such a pain!
    If you want some barbarian esque smashy smashy, the monk is pretty fun too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well, 8 hour all game is deffenetly bullshiet. i just checked: 9h20min and i am only scratching the surface of act 2.

this game is the best thing that happened to PC gaming. Some people might not agree with me, but it looks amazing too. some scenery is just jaw droping.

so far 21 lvl demon hunter. Quite easy for me so far. i just steam roll anything, havent even died once yet. still not a single unique item :(.

anyway, i am playing all day since 12:00, i need some rest. i see ya all tomorrow! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Back from work..time for a session!

• Advertisement

anyone wannna help kill the
    skeleton king
    ?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

danthefan wrote: »
    That is nuts. If it is DRM, I still would bet it'll be cracked before long.

Well then they'll be killing stationary enemies :pac: The A.I. is also server side.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Done with Act 3, onwards to face Diablo...tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Just started act 2 and will continue tomorrow :) Witch Doctor is not the easiest with the lack of versatility at them moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished it. Dont know what consumed me. I just felt i had to finish it as soon as possible to know how it ends, being the lore/story geek that i am. 17 hours total. Didn't get a single set piece or legendary item :( Not even from the last boss.

Played a Witch Doctor and found it hard at the start of act 2, then got piss easy afterwards once i started to unlock some runes and spells. Specially the Gargantuan Zombie who tanked the final boss like a.........boss. Im thinking im gonna take a break from it, but i cant. I crave a legendary item! Just one, thats all i want, then i can sleep forever. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Im quite happy with it, the small bit I got to play, im only half way through the first act, so far I can't help but be a little disappointed with the art direction, seems to be a bit WOWified, which is a shame, because everything that reminds me of that game makes me want to cringe. Maybe it was just when it was 10 pixels per character it left more to the imagination or something, but I feel the game has lost its authentic hellish feel. Maybe it will pick up, bit early for judgement yet.

Was concerned by how simple and on-rails it was up until the first boss, but apparently this was intended to entice new players as this is the beta/demo section. After this it opened up a bit and began to at least feel a bit like Diablo gameplay wise.

The game runs so smoothly I just cannot believe it, 3 year old laptop and only slows down slightly in areas of very high activity. Dont spend heaps of money on hardware just for this game whatever you do!

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the art direction you are complaining about might also be what is helping the game to be stable on your low spec laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just finished Act 3, will leave the last act till tomorrow.

Playing as a wizard, half way through level 31 atm with just over 13 hours played. Died a few times, mostly due to experimenting with the different abilities. Can definitely see it being tough in the later difficulties, at least solo.

Really enjoying it atm tho, more than living up to the hype so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just finished act 1 with a demon hunter. Gone for explosive crowd control with duel exploding bolas and the spinning shurikans which with my ai templar partner tanking made short work of most of act 1

Been pouring way too much money into the crafting and can build stuff I can't use for another 2 levels.

Btw what's the colour system for unique/über items?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone know if I can buy the NA version and have it work on my EU battlenet account?ß

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^i think d3 is not region locked like sc2.

and fcking single player game cant be disrupted by server update.............fcking hell......................................

Advertisement