Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Disappointed that as some skills/runes unlock, I find that they are less useful/powerful than some of the low level skills/runes. And for Witch Doctor, what is the point of the Zombie Charger? It's just a slower, weaker & more short range version of the Dire Bats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I have 2 guest passes if anyone's keen. First two to PM me get them.

Gone to robertowjr and zOlt

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

mikeruurds wrote: »

pmed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zOlt

PMed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Gone to robertowjr and zOlt

DOH. Far too late. :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure if it's been posted before, but here's how you unlock all the skills, rather than waiting for them to unlock individually. It's not a cheat, it's an actual option in the game settings.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/default-is-for-suckers-how-to-unlock-full-skill-tree-customization-in-diablo-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

ShaneU wrote: »
    Surprised my starcraft friend list wasn't imported into this, I thought that was the entire point of battlenet?

As far as I know it will only import if you play on the same servers as your WoW account which probably means Europe.

Mine defaulted to US and I never noticed so I didn't have any of my friends list from wow imported, then I realised they were all playing even though it said servers were down for me.

After the mess up on wrong servers I got about 2 hours play on a Demon Hunter (on the right servers) but just can't decide if I want to continue with it, think I will spend tonight playing all the classes for an hour or so each.

The weekend needs to get here fast so I can play all day/night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dr Munchenflangen

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe the art direction you are complaining about might also be what is helping the game to be stable on your low spec laptop?

I might have, then I would have come to my senses and realised that artistic design has nothing to do with how much memory my GPU has. You cannot deny that the game has been influenced by WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I might have, then I would have come to my senses and realised that artistic design has nothing to do with how much memory my GPU has. You cannot deny that the game has been influenced by WOW.

I agree on the WoW thing – some effects and icons do make me think of it. I think this is probably because they have but so much research into the use of colour and design of these in WoW to make elements recognisable and this has probably bled into the Diablo art style. Amazing game game, so would be a tiny gripe for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I am up. I need to go and get some stuff in for home, them breakfast.
    Then what? You know it! Pew pew pew!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dr Munchenflangen

grizzly wrote: »
    I agree on the WoW thing – some effects and icons do make me think of it. I think this is probably because they have but so much research into the use of colour and design of these in WoW to make elements recognisable and this has probably bled into the Diablo art style. Amazing game game, so would be a tiny gripe for me.

Yeah, its just a shame they didn't differentiate the style more, seeing as it took them so long to develop the game. D2 always had great atmosphere, it had its own style, the soundtrack, sound effects, landscapes, creatures all lead to this feeling of dread and hopelessness that made the atmosphere so authentic. D3 feels like an arcade style WoW mod - albeit an extremely well developed one. I'm moaning now I realise! Who am I kidding I'm still going to love the game. I just wanted to take an objective approach to discussing the game, seeing as its so expensive and the wait for it was so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The only thing that annoys me is the unlock of skills that was said already...when the latter ones are worse then what you have already! Takes some of the goodness out of the game, because you no longer want to grind as hard to get another level just in case the skill sucks.

Take for example the "whirlwind/Tornado" for the Wiz, what a pile of crap. Would rather have a chocolate teapot TBH :(

Really like the wizard its very versatile as a char, think I will go monk next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So am I right in thinking I can only have 6 skills on my hotbar at once? And from your skill tree - only one from each line can be active at once? That's a bit pants if I've understood it correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

So am I right in thinking I can only have 6 skills on my hotbar at once? And from your skill tree - only one from each line can be active at once? That's a bit pants if I've understood it correctly...

thats how its balanced Im afraid

can swap out skills mid fight though if yer quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't get it, how exactly Diablo 3 art style is like wows?

Just because it went pure poligon 3d it does not mean it is like wow. If they are both I'm phantasy style it does not mean they are same.
    Anyway, I need breakfast. Need energy to kill demons and carry all that phat loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

thats how its balanced Im afraid

can swap out skills mid fight though if yer quick

Shame. Have to admit, even though it's early days, I'm a bit underwhelmed by Diablo III.

And do the runes make it more insteresting at least? Low enough level, only got to play about 30 minutes, so haven't really run into runes yet... I heard they were dropped though, which was disappointing as they sounded pretty interesting in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Of course some of the icons are similar to wows, wow took a bunch of its icons from d2 in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Hi Guys

Anyone having spare guest pass?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Great game, brothers, The games are great without money. A life in heaven. Eat popcorn, eat burgers but play free games. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Having huge problems launching the game today. Diablo launcher opens up and sometimes it's ready to play sometimes not. Either way the game wont run at all. Pain in the balls, im reinstalling it at the moment so hopefully that will sort it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Few questions for ye lads :)

I'm not much of a PC gamer, if I were to get it, I'd be playing on a laptop. Would you recommend a mouse or what would be a decent laptop setup? I have better spec than the recommended (i5 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, nvidia GT540m) so I should be fine in that respect.

Also, where would be the best place to get it? Not too fussed over physical or digital but physical would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

When i install the game absolutely nothing happens. It counts down when finished installing and then it just disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

dorgasm wrote: »
    Few questions for ye lads :)

I'm not much of a PC gamer, if I were to get it, I'd be playing on a laptop. Would you recommend a mouse or what would be a decent laptop setup? I have better spec than the recommended (i5 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, nvidia GT540m) so I should be fine in that respect.

Also, where would be the best place to get it? Not too fussed over physical or digital but physical would be nice :)

definitely needs a mouse imo..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone know if I can buy the NA version and have it work on my EU battlenet account?ß

Yes, you can. That's exactly what I'm doing. However, there's 2 important things you need to remember.

1) If you create a character on EU and then play on NA you'll have to start from scratch. Items, characters, etc - NOTHING - will not cross over.
    2) If you buy the NA client your "home" region will be NA. That means you will NOT have access to the gold (real-money) AH on EU. So if that's your thing you'll need to play on NA.

All my friends from WoW and Warcraft III are stil all playing and living in EU so I'm pick my copy up today and jump in with them. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me is the unlock of skills that was said already...when the latter ones are worse then what you have already! Takes some of the goodness out of the game, because you no longer want to grind as hard to get another level just in case the skill sucks.

Take for example the "whirlwind/Tornado" for the Wiz, what a pile of crap. Would rather have a chocolate teapot TBH :(

Really like the wizard its very versatile as a char, think I will go monk next.

I think the idea of runes/skills, is that they aren't direct upgrades. Most of them are situation or work best with different setup's.

The Twister for example is not "Crap".. they're actually awesome in some situations, once you get the cheaper mana rune you can pop off 5 or 6 of them in a row, great in tight dungeons, or if when you get the more powerful rune combine it with the diamond skin reduced cost of all abilities. It shanks **** in confined spaces, especially at door entrances.

Pop off diamond shield, 3 twisters and melt everything with Disintegrate.

The only thing I've been disappointed with so far is slow time.. because it doesn't seem to be slowing anything lol.

Much rather have a huge selection of abilities than just have a cookie cutting end progression styled builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^ i tried it yesterday, you can access NA no problem, just that they keep your characters independently on each server. and i think now you can play on asia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

2) If you buy the NA client your "home" region will be NA. That means you will NOT have access to the gold (real-money) AH on EU. So if that's your thing you'll need to play on NA.

Any idea how I can check which client I bought? At work now so all I can say is battle.net country of residence is Ireland.

I bought the game key from G2PLay.net for a discount... realised my server was set to NA when it crashed, set it to EU and it was fine. Just worried as I want to play EU with mates and also use the RMAH later on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

thefloss wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Any idea how I can check with client I bought? At work now so all I can say is battle.net country of residence is Ireland.

I bought the game key from G2PLay.net for a discount... realised my server was set to NA when it crashed, set it to EU and it was fine. Just worried as I want to play EU with mates and also use the RMAH later on...

You can probably check it on your BNet profile online. If not, I'd try this (Note I don't have the game yet so these instructions might be a bit off):

At the Diablo III login screen, click on "Options"
    Select the "Account" tab
    From the drop-down, choose which region you want to play in and click "Accept"

I'm guessing there's probably an option for 'Default'. Or else it's already set at the default.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Damn i wanted to try and pick up the collectors edition but seems to be sold out everywhere, Ill have to get the standard i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

thefloss wrote: »

At the Diablo III login screen, click on "Options"
    Select the "Account" tab
    From the drop-down, choose which region you want to play in and click "Accept"

I'm guessing there's probably an option for 'Default'. Or else it's already set at the default.

Cheers I've accepted EU already, my guess is that NA was the default. College after work, I won't get to slay anything til about 10 PM ;)

Advertisement