Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was told US guest passes wont work here so I gave one to somebody in the US instead of myself...Maybe I should have checked! /browses reddit for guest pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 necomantis

I so wanted to slay at least something, but i didn't get my key from g2play.net jet...
    seems like they shot me an arrow to the knee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Gah! Can't even find anywhere to buy this game. Want a retail copy and no one seems to have it stocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 necomantis

KilOit wrote: »
    Gah! Can't even find anywhere to buy this game. Want a retail copy and no one seems to have it stocked

good luck with that
    nearby every store is sold out XD
    if you really just want to play it i would recommend a digital copy from mmoga or something

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

I got a us guest pass from a friend in the US and i am downloading right now, I better be able to play after downloading 7gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

As much as i love the game. Does anyone else feel like 4 players in a room is overkill? People complained that there wasnt gonna be the same amount as Diablo 2 (6 or 8 i forget) per room. There is so much **** going on with magic effects and this and that, its a total cluster ****. I much prefair to play in groups for 2, or maybe even 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As much as im enjoying it and enjoy blizzard games in general other games in the genre are equally as good in my opinion, torchlight2,path of exile etc.
    They might lack the lore to an extent but when im actually playing and slaying monsters they feel and play just as good and in path of exile it plays a tad better imo.
    Still a brilliant game and all but just thought it give honourable mentions to those other games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Where't the cheapest play to get the standard edition around Dublin? Not in a hurry to get it so can wait if the cheapest doesn't have stock yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

As much as i love the game. Does anyone else feel like 4 players in a room is overkill? People complained that there wasnt gonna be the same amount as Diablo 2 (6 or 8 i forget) per room. There is so much **** going on with magic effects and this and that, its a total cluster ****. I much prefair to play in groups for 2, or maybe even 3

Sounds like a..... wait for it.... _casual_ problem. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mantel wrote: »
    Where't the cheapest play to get the standard edition around Dublin? Not in a hurry to get it so can wait if the cheapest doesn't have stock yet :)

hmv €45, thats €15 less than if you buy from blizzard :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

necomantis wrote: »
    I so wanted to slay at least something, but i didn't get my key from g2play.net jet...
    seems like they shot me an arrow to the knee

It took me longer than the 4 hours they said it would take, plus I had to scan in ID as I was a first time buyer (used to just get gifted games by a buddy who'd I'd pay in cash)

You'll get it before dinner time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Went balls in and bought it, digital copy. Going to be my first game from Blizzard and even in the genre! Any tips for a n00b :P

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

dorgasm wrote: »
    Went balls in and bought it, digital copy. Going to be my first game from Blizzard and even in the genre! Any tips for a n00b :P
    Click faster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Connavar wrote: »
    Click faster :D

As stupid as it sounds, it is so true. After some time with diablo, you will be able to jack off a flea with a mouse cursor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Dcully wrote: »
    hmv €45, thats €15 less than if you buy from blizzard :eek:

Nuts, would have saved myself €10 by crossing the road, sadly I didn't think of that when walking into Gamestop and getting it for €55 but oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me is the unlock of skills that was said already...when the latter ones are worse then what you have already! Takes some of the goodness out of the game, because you no longer want to grind as hard to get another level just in case the skill sucks.

Take for example the "whirlwind/Tornado" for the Wiz, what a pile of crap. Would rather have a chocolate teapot TBH :(

Really like the wizard its very versatile as a char, think I will go monk next.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense, and I genuinely don't understand how you think that system would be a good thing?

If every skill got progressively better and each of the latter were redundant then at level 60 every single person would be identical. There would be no room for different play-styles and you might aswell be playing a MOBO.

The skills are made in a way to create different builds and to encourage different play styles. It's a fantastic system which works great for PvE and will be even better for PvP.

Even now I'm only level 25 but I have 3 different set-ups for my monk, a tank spec, an AoE spec and a single target DPS spec for bosses and it makes for great variation when playing as the system was intended.

When you get a new skill or rune spend some time thinking about how it can compliment other skills you might have or how it will improve a certain build style instead of instantly writing it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

I'm trying to like it but it really isn't a great game. It's incredibly linear, no immersion and killing hundreds of enemies the same way over and over again gets quite boring tbh.

Even the looting isn't as worthwhile because of the AH. And I don't know why but I was expecting more customisation.
    After 12 years you'd think they could of done something a bit different, a first or a third person view to spice things up a bit.

And not to mention the online lag and connection problems for a single player rpg.

Makes me appreciate games like the witcher 2, demon/dark souls and skyrim even more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I'm trying to like it but it really isn't a great game. It's incredibly linear, no immersion and killing hundreds of enemies the same way over and over again gets quite boring tbh.

Well that is the core of the game, You kill some enemies.. then you kill more and keep killing until you finish the mission.
    Even the looting isn't as worthwhile because of the AH.

How do you think the items get on the AH?
    Makes me appreciate games like the witcher 2, demon/dark souls and skyrim even more

Those games have nothing in common with Diablo.

They are RPG games, Diablo is a loot whore look at my shiny new boots game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Even the looting isn't as worthwhile because of the AH. And I don't know why but I was expecting more customisation.
    After 12 years you'd think they could of done something a bit different, a first or a third person view to spice things up a bit.

And not to mention the online lag and connection problems for a single player rpg.

Sorry i'm all for constructive criticism but I stopped reading when I got to the bit in bold!! Really is this serious? Diablo in a first or third person perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Big Knox wrote: »
    Diablo in a first or third person perspective?

Come on, who wouldn't like to play diablo in 3rd person perspective?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Sorry i'm all for constructive criticism but I stopped reading when I got to the bit in bold!! Really is this serious? Diablo in a first or third person perspective?

Yeah I am serious, something different. I think it'd be pretty cool to see enemies off in the distance and make attacking a bit different than just clicking on them.

Why does diablo have to stay the same, why not evolve with ideas from other rpgs. I've been there done that with this type of hack and slash, it could do with some innovation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm level 5,what do ye think of the auction house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The auction house is a great addition, However it is not to be confused with the WoW auction house. Do not just throw all your half decent items onto as you will can't cancel after the 5 minute grace period and the auctions last 2 days.

I learned this the hard way... :pac:

Yeah I am serious, something different. I think it'd be pretty cool to see enemies off in the distance and make attacking a bit different than just clicking on them.

Why does diablo have to stay the same, why not evolve with ideas from other rpgs. I've been there done that with this type of hack and slash, it could do with some innovation
    I like its style of hack and slash as most new games went away from it so it feels some bit fresh again. As much as I love skyrim, its style would not suit diablo. It just isnt frantic enough

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry but this is complete nonsense, and I genuinely don't understand how you think that system would be a good thing?

If every skill got progressively better and each of the latter were redundant then at level 60 every single person would be identical. There would be no room for different play-styles and you might aswell be playing a MOBO.

The skills are made in a way to create different builds and to encourage different play styles. It's a fantastic system which works great for PvE and will be even better for PvP.

Even now I'm only level 25 but I have 3 different set-ups for my monk, a tank spec, an AoE spec and a single target DPS spec for bosses and it makes for great variation when playing as the system was intended.

When you get a new skill or rune spend some time thinking about how it can compliment other skills you might have or how it will improve a certain build style instead of instantly writing it off.

Nonsense to you maybe, but I dont like it. SIMPLES!
    When you unlock a skill lvl 4 it should be a hell of alot more powerful then the 1st skill unlocked and its not.

Its my take of the system, sorry if I am not a DIABLO god like you little knox...think I liked you better when you were crying for a CE box now you have it you think you da cheese! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Something that I thought about Diablo 2 and it still seems to be true - does anyone else think 2handed weapons are really underpowered?

You'd think for a barbarian that 1 2-handed weapon would be just as viable as 2 1-handers, especially seeing as there's a class of barbarian 2-handed weapons, but most of the 2-handers I see do less damage than either of the swords I use (a rare bastard sword and a magic war sword) not to mention that they attack much slower as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lvl 29 demon hunter. Finnaly got some tasty yellows on me :). My little girl grows to be a mad ass monster spanker !!!

Love every single second of it and I still can't get over it how long it is. I am in act 3 now and it feels like forever already!
    Camt wait to play on nightmare as it is sort too easy ATM. Demon hunters are op I guess. So far I haven't died once and I used maybe 5 pots in entire game.

Gbear wrote: »
    Something that I thought about Diablo 2 and it still seems to be true - does anyone else think 2handed weapons are really underpowered?

You'd think for a barbarian that 1 2-handed weapon would be just as viable as 2 1-handers, especially seeing as there's a class of barbarian 2-handed weapons, but most of the 2-handers I see do less damage than either of the swords I use (a rare bastard sword and a magic war sword) not to mention that they attack much faster as well.

The math is a bit complicated on this. Lets say you have 2 1 handed weapons doing 10 damage each. These are worse than one 2 handed that does 19 because it takes longer to swing the 2 weapons than the one.

I tend to bounce between 2 handed and 1 handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Connavar wrote: »
    The math is a bit complicated on this. Lets say you have 2 1 handed weapons doing 10 damage each. These are worse than one 2 handed that does 19 because it takes longer to swing the 2 weapons than the one.

I tend to bounce between 2 handed and 1 handed.

Except what i've seen is that most 2 handed weapons I'm encountering are doing about 10 damage whereas both of my 1 handers are also doing 10 damage.

Incidentally, it's also better for the Barb because I'm using frenzy you build it up quicker with 2 swings than 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Finished normal at level 31 with my barb in 21.5 hours, now on to Nightmare! :D

Advertisement