Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yeah I am serious, something different. I think it'd be pretty cool to see enemies off in the distance and make attacking a bit different than just clicking on them.

Why does diablo have to stay the same, why not evolve with ideas from other rpgs. I've been there done that with this type of hack and slash, it could do with some innovation

Because its fecking great as it is?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nonsense to you maybe, but I dont like it. SIMPLES!
    When you unlock a skill lvl 4 it should be a hell of alot more powerful then the 1st skill unlocked and its not.

Its my take of the system, sorry if I am not a DIABLO god like you little knox...think I liked you better when you were crying for a CE box now you have it you think you da cheese! :D:D

You missing the point on how skills work in diablo 3. First of all, did you notice that not a single tool bar on spells shows doable damage? It is because skill scale with your gear. It's a great system which lets unreal customisation. Just because skill is lvl1 it does mean it is worse then lvl 40 one. It all depends what kind of combination you will make and where will you use it. There are no useless skills, just useless people, which don't know how to use them. ( not aimed at op ).

I was very skeptical of a change in skills, but after playing I realised what the did and I really love it. There is no cookie cutter builds, there are tons of different builds which have different approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

installing it now wooo awwww witch doctor here i come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Because its fecking great as it is?

It's not really

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

CombatCow wrote: »
    Finished normal at level 31 with my barb in 21.5 hours, now on to Nightmare!
    Was thinking of using Barb as my first character......but what to do next?

Monk or Demon Hunter?

.....Diablo is a loot whore look at my shiny new boots game.
    Amen to that

• Advertisement

It's not really

2989804_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Seems like the US guest pass dose not work saying something about in compatibility this sucks :(

Any chance someone could sort me out with a EU starter key wanna try out the game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

M!Ck^ wrote: »

LOL

That guy has no neck... :eek:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

Wish I had woken up earlier today and found the post as my Amazon order arrived today, such a pleasant surprise. Played 3 hours so far and got a Level 10 Monk right now. I'm exploring as much as I can but am I still progressing slowly?

Didn't think it would live up to the hype 12 years after Diablo 2 but I think it just might, for me at least. Gonna grab a bite to eat and jump back in, luckily I finished my exams yesterday. :)

As for the constant internet connection got disconnected from servers once so far while playing but managed to get right back in.

Anyway, I've got 1 guest pass to give away to the first person to PM me. Gone now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got disconnected back to select hero screen, click to resume and now in a queue ffs.

Got back, in and resumed only to be put back at the last checkpoint which was lvl 2 of some dungeon, nice to see once i progressed further that the dungeon layout and mobs were totally different :)

lads, have you noticed those ammy's and rings with base damage like 2-4 or 3-6 to be OP as ****? i still got my lvl 15 blue amy with 3-6 and i still cant replace it even with 23 yellow ammy with 24 dex ( DH ). i losse like 30 dps. is it bugged or just too good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

grizzly wrote: »
    Come on, who wouldn't like to play diablo in 3rd person perspective?!!

Anyone that has actually put time into diablo 2 maybe and enjoys the style of game it is ?

Im sorry but that sort of complaint/Suggestion just makes me assume.... WoW player.

If i wanted to play a 1st/3rd person perspective game.. i'd play one of the million other 1st/3rd person RPG's. Some people... honestly.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, just finished normal mode with the wizard. Took 13hrs 47 minutes, was quite good going i thought. Nearly level 32 by the end. Loved it, lived up to my high expectations. Bring on Nightmare !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lads, have you noticed those ammy's and rings with base damage like 2-4 or 3-6 to be OP as ****? i still got my lvl 15 blue amy with 3-6 and i still cant replace it even with 23 yellow ammy with 24 dex ( DH ). i losse like 30 dps. is it bugged or just too good?

Im really not entirely sure how DPS modifies work in the game yet, i noticed my DPS would go down when i switched up some stuff that was clearly superior in terms of intellect, and the damage modifier % would go up.. but it still says it's a downgrade in DPS. Do the 2-4 dmg rings improve overall damage or just your weapon damage ?

Meh.. i'll have a wee look later on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hmv and Gamestop didn't have this game in my area, **** sake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Would love a guest pass if anyone has one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

every time somebody offers one they are gone when I ask, dammit! Good luck xtal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Visual representation of the server overload at release :)

2vdqr02.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Edit: Passes given out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

is it laggy for anyone else tonight?

if i amy to add: i love the way it is done with companions. In diablo 2 those were just meat shields and spare space. in diablo 3 i actually care about them. :o
    btw it is very damn grim game.

anyway finished act 3 and i am 32 lvl. i have no idea how do you guys finish that game in less then 14hours. i am sure i am way over 14h mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

How many acts are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

danthefan wrote: »
    How many acts are there?

I just gotta wait until tomorrow i guess Bf3 will have to do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

why cant I log in? only after getting the game and after coming to the login screen for the first time but the login tab is unlighted so I cant click on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The lag is making it unplayable for me!:(

Also finished normal difficulty, Didn't get a single legendary or set item:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Finito.

End of game spoilers:
    Thanks be to jaysus Diablo was actually difficult. All the other bosses were such pushovers!

Did anyone get any interesting loot? Haven't got any set or legendary items at all. A bit disappointing.
    Also, it's a wonder they even bother with dropping normal items after Act 1 now that they sell for so little.
    You used to be able a good bit of money for ordinary armour above Splint Mail but now they're all worth about 3 gold. It makes ordinary items completely worthless and simply clutter on the screen that I have to keep throwing out of my inventory when I accidentally pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Apparently all loot drops are decided server side, not client side which sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

My barb's at level 40 and I only just found my first legendary item: goldwrap. They're far far far far scarcer than they were in D2

Advertisement