Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Gandalph wrote: »
    why cant I log in? only after getting the game and after coming to the login screen for the first time but the login tab is unlighted so I cant click on it!

Your login is the email address used with your battlenet account so the login section requires @.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Stev_o wrote: »
    Apparently all loot drops are decided server side, not client side which sucks.

If anything was done client side like that couldn't you just hack it and have whatever you want? I think that is why singleplayer is online, the real money auction house. It guarantees that things are legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If anything was done client side like that couldn't you just hack it and have whatever you want? I think that is why singleplayer is online, the real money auction house. It guarantees that things are legit.

Yes that's the reasoning behind it which makes sense. But it also is quite manipulative you'v basically created a slot machine that can people hooked on the promise of striking big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh my god! I just realized something at the end of Act 2 in Nightmare. If you go into your option and enable elective mode you can have more than one spell from each school (IE: Witch Doctor = Main, Secondary, Decay, Voodoo) active at one time! I just thought you could have one from each school and that was it. Damn. This changes everything! Now i can have Explosive Dogs, Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest at the same time!

Back to the drawing board with my builds!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh my god! I just realized something at the end of Act 2 in Nightmare. If you go into your option and enable elective mode you can have more than one spell from each school (IE: Witch Doctor = Main, Secondary, Decay, Voodoo) active at one time! I just thought you could have one from each school and that was it. Damn. This changes everything! Now i can have Explosive Dogs, Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest at the same time!

Back to the drawing board with my builds!

when you said it, i checked it out and i have to say it is very strange... why they would put a limit like this and then just remove it in options... wtf? maybe it is locked so that noobies would not be scared ****lesly with all the customisation?

anyway, 18h12min and i killed last boss. LOVED every second of the game. Last boss was hard and i died good few times. no legendary or set items. GOOD! "it means EPIX are EPIX again!" :D

will do a break and off to nightmare mode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Having started a new character I only just realised - your stash is the same for all characters, as is your gold and your craftsmen.

So, even though I can't use it yet, I can craft a rare war staff with my level 3 wizard.
    Or rare plate mail.

I suppose with the level restrictions it's not really a problem but it does feel a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Why isn't there any mimes/mimics? I am beginning to not fear opening chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

maybe it is locked so that noobies would not be scared ****lesly with all the customisation?

They said in an interview that this was so that it could be accessible to everyone without being overwhelming.. and that you could remove it to allow for pretty much endless combinations... Will try dig it up.

Also, if you remember in Diablo 2, there was only really one way to customise your character, or you were buggered. at least this way you have a chance...

EDIT:
    Can't find the video I watched, but here's a link to an article explaining it
    Clink

Good to know. I wish I knew about it before completing normal lol.

Will dig in to nightmare in a bit. Btw do you need to get all your companions again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

when you said it, i checked it out and i have to say it is very strange... why they would put a limit like this and then just remove it in options... wtf? maybe it is locked so that noobies would not be scared ****lesly with all the customisation?

This game very little customisation, they give you your skills when you level up, they give you your stats when you level up.
    This game seems to have been dumbed down, think that's one of its biggest flaws, I love developing skill trees and choosing what stats to raise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

No luck in finding it in town.

Anyone have a guest pass they wouldn't mind parting with?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

No luck in finding it in town.

Anyone have a guest pass they wouldn't mind parting with?

Been trying to get a guest pass myself I had a US one but they don't work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Just past lvl 11 on my Witch Doctor, I was enjoying but im finding the frog and spider summons kinda lameeee, i love the summoned hounds for some reason. I just seem to be shooting darts like an uzi which is oddly addictive.

Think il just fool around with some different classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

All this talk about Diablo 3 I need this game only afew more hours to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I'm not to taken on the skills, just feels under done compared to past Diablo games but I'm only level 10 so it might grow on me like the gameplay has, found it uninteresting when walking open areas but the dungeons brought back some fun to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

First game I've ever played in the hack n slash or dungeon crawl genre. WOW I'm already in love! Can't get enough, thank god I decided to download it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garcoss

Im dying to play it but cant atm cause in the middle of my exams, Really looking forward to it though and a nice summer break.

Any other Witch Doctor upset that Poison Dart is our best single target Damage ability? I just seems so.....boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

<3 poison dart! normal mode Belial is a joke when you have 120dps with that lol

and combo with vampiric bats, i can never die :pac:

also, whatsup with the vanishing dye :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Any other Witch Doctor upset that Poison Dart is our best single target Damage ability? I just seems so.....boring...

Im using Fire Bomb with roll the bones rune. Working a treat!

• Advertisement

me and 2 lads had a go just now. i jumped in with them for act 3 anding and act 4, then we did act 1 up until lioric.

wasnt super hard, but it was allright. So far no phat loot :(. need to farm blacksmithing pages now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Finished normal mode. Took me about 17 hours /played. Looking forward to doing co-op for the rest of then modes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yes, you can. That's exactly what I'm doing. However, there's 2 important things you need to remember.

1) If you create a character on EU and then play on NA you'll have to start from scratch. Items, characters, etc - NOTHING - will not cross over.
    2) If you buy the NA client your "home" region will be NA. That means you will NOT have access to the gold (real-money) AH on EU. So if that's your thing you'll need to play on NA.

All my friends from WoW and Warcraft III are stil all playing and living in EU so I'm pick my copy up today and jump in with them. Can't wait!

Thanks. Gonna have the mother pick up a copy and just send me the code. Think that should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I stuck with my WD got to lvl 14-15, im enjoying it but im also fairly underwhelmed by the skills. It's not as much fun as my old necro in d2 !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm not to taken on the skills, just feels under done compared to past Diablo games but I'm only level 10 so it might grow on me like the gameplay has, found it uninteresting when walking open areas but the dungeons brought back some fun to it.

By the time you hit level 20 or so, you will have alot more spells unlocked so you will have to choose the 6 you want to use. You will also have several runes for each spell which changes them....so even more choice there.

For example on my wizard, I'm delighted with my current 6 spells and feel really comfortable but I know that I will have to drop one for Teleport when it unlocks....which will cause me a headache. And thats good.

It is a truly excellent and elegant system where you can change your build at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of people accidentally gimping their characters just because they didn't read the forums first. It's very forgiving. You can even respec your follower companions any time you want with no penalty. So you can try things out with no risk. I find this much better.

Go into the options menu though and turn on Elective Mode. This lets you drag and drop spells how you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Down for maintenance :( , I know it's 3am ...and I've probably been playing most of the day (was up at 10am)

Great game though...on the final Act, 4 of us about lvl 31 or so ...story is ok , predicatble though.
    Cutscenes are jawdropping, certainly Blizzard kept to their standards.

Few questions relating to items though, ( e.g. can you move items between chars via your stash etc, and how to get certain things.,,,,,but I'm gonna go through the net now to get the answers while there's a downtime :P )

Hardcore mode tomorrow I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

This game very little customisation, they give you your skills when you level up, they give you your stats when you level up.
    This game seems to have been dumbed down, think that's one of its biggest flaws, I love developing skill trees and choosing what stats to raise

I'm guessing you haven't played much?

Dumbed down it is not, in fact it's the complete opposite it has endless possibilities for builds.

Diablo2 as much as I loved it was not deep and the skill system was terribly flawed. In order to have a viable Hell character you could really only level 2 skills and all the synergies for those 2 skills maxed and with that you're left with a level 80+ character that uses 2 skills constantly... how is that deep?

Just because you hit those buttons yourself to make that build doesn't mean the game has more depth. The diablo3 skill system is a much more complex system with a crazy amount of build possibilities for each class, don't overlook this just because you don't click a button to permanently increase your skill of choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Jesus I'm seriously sick of this battlenet bollocks. Come home from work and all I want to do is unwind by blasting through some undead and demons and bloody balltnet is down for maintenance. Maintenance after 48hrs? if there was an unforseen bug then call it as it is and stop trying to bull**** us, thanks.

I really couldn't give two ****s about the auction house (though I have used it). I just wanna play god damn it.

/rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Tips for the action house (during peak hours seems to be down a lot)

-Go kill monsters, ignore the blacksmith and sell those items, save up some dough.

-Choose 9999999 in the buyout part, then sort by cheapest buy-out (click the buyout column twice)

-Be specific, include what you want, my searches were for my demon hunter so I chose level 20 to level 32, minimum dexterity of 50, and all rare rings with 10% or more faster firing speed. When you see them cheap you have to be quick, they get snapped up.

-Refresh the search often, stuff just keeps coming up.

I went from 500 damage to 1500 damage with about 50,000 gold in 15 minutes. So many new people throwing up amazing rare items at stupid prices (300 gold, etc), the thing is damn addictive. I bought one ring for 400 and sold it two minutes later for 8900.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Down for maintenance :( , I know it's 3am ...and I've probably been playing most of the day (was up at 10am)

Great game though...on the final Act, 4 of us about lvl 31 or so ...story is ok , predicatble though.
    Cutscenes are jawdropping, certainly Blizzard kept to their standards.

Few questions relating to items though, ( e.g. can you move items between chars via your stash etc, and how to get certain things.,,,,,but I'm gonna go through the net now to get the answers while there's a downtime :P )

Hardcore mode tomorrow I think

You jumping straight into Hardcore? Or do you mean Nightmare? Goodluck going through Hardcore in Nightmare mode. I think ill finish Inferno, or Hell before i make a Hardcore char. And ill probably make a WD again cause i know what works.

I dont think i died on Normal at all. But on Nightmare i died proably around 20-30 times and i just started Act 3. Rare and Elite mobs in NM have two characteristics. You wouldnt think its bad, but when you get that one mob that has two very annoying ones, its hell! Watch out for the Arcane ones that drop revolving lazer beams!

Advertisement