Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You jumping straight into Hardcore? Or do you mean Nightmare? Goodluck going through Hardcore in Nightmare mode. I think ill finish Inferno, or Hell before i make a Hardcore char. And ill probably make a WD again cause i know what works.

I dont think i died on Normal at all. But on Nightmare i died proably around 20-30 times and i just started Act 3. Rare and Elite mobs in NM have two characteristics. You wouldnt think its bad, but when you get that one mob that has two very annoying ones, its hell!

I don't know which is which ? I just read you need to do 1 or the other to get "Page of Blacksmithing" which is all I want at this stage lol :eek:
    I've not come accross 1, and some forum said you had to do nightmare mode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

532881_431993210152740_100000261950535_1577584_1662180611_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You jumping straight into Hardcore? Or do you mean Nightmare? Goodluck going through Hardcore in Nightmare mode. I think ill finish Inferno, or Hell before i make a Hardcore char. And ill probably make a WD again cause i know what works.

I dont think i died on Normal at all. But on Nightmare i died proably around 20-30 times and i just started Act 3. Rare and Elite mobs in NM have two characteristics. You wouldnt think its bad, but when you get that one mob that has two very annoying ones, its hell!

I don't know which is which ? I just read you need to do 1 or the other to get "Page of Blacksmithing" which is all I want at this stage lol :eek:
    I've not come accross 1, and some forum said you had to do nightmare mode.

Pages of training and jewel crafting pages start to drop in nightmare yeah, you need them to further upgrade your crafters.

Hardcore you can activate once your char hits level 10 and basically you have only one life, if you die in hardcore once, your char gone forever. Not something to be selected on a whim! Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Loving this game, lvl 20 Monk now. Half way through Act 2.

The achievements bugging the other day have screwed me a little, I have the achievement for upgrading the blacksmith but not the achievement for unlocking him, no idea how I am going to get around that, as its unlocked for all characters now.

Oh....managed to get a Legendary off some random normal mob. Wrist item, and it was usable for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

daaaaamn

going to be away from my computer for at least the rest of this month if not the next 2 months and my mum's laptop just falls below the minimum requirements for diablo 3 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    going to be away from my computer for at least the rest of this month if not the next 2 months and my mum's laptop just falls below the minimum requirements for diablo 3 :(

oooh and I thought waiting til 5 today was tough :P

I bought a wand (cant remember off hand what it's called) from the auction house, how do I get this onto my hero? Seems a bit odd that I can play with such overpowered weapons just because I collected enough gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

dorgasm wrote: »
    I bought a wand (cant remember off hand what it's called) from the auction house, how do I get this onto my hero? Seems a bit odd that I can play with such overpowered weapons just because I collected enough gold!

I promised myself that I'm not going to go near the auction house. It kinda takes the enjoyment out of looting enemies and searching for bosses, if you can just buy cracking stuff on the AH. No point to looting really, other than to sell your crap. And I'm finding that early on, the gold you get from selling loot is negligible compared to what you pick up from dead mobs.

If someone's prepared to sell you stuff for that gold, then it's fair enough really. Play away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

oooh and I thought waiting til 5 today was tough :P

Theres a tab on the end of the AH, think its called "completed", the item will be there, and theres an option to "Send to Stash". Make sure your stash has room for it.

I promised myself that I'm not going to go near the auction house. It kinda takes the enjoyment out of looting enemies and searching for bosses, if you can just buy cracking stuff on the AH. No point to looting really, other than to sell your crap. And I'm finding that early on, the gold you get from selling loot is negligible compared to what you pick up from dead mobs.

If someone's prepared to sell you stuff for that gold, then it's fair enough really. Play away!

Yeah well I bought it for 6000 gold and the sell value is only 340! I'm still debating wheteher or not I'll just stick to using stuff I loot. Although I don't have a choice since I don't know how to give it to my hero :P Did you play Diablo 2 before? How do they compare?

EDIT: Thanks Anyone, handy in case I decide to use it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not going near the AH myself either. I'll either find or make my gear thank you very much :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

new stash tab is 100k :o

ouchie!

Yeah well I bought it for 6000 gold and the sell value is only 340! I'm still debating wheteher or not I'll just stick to using stuff I loot. Although I don't have a choice since I don't know how to give it to my hero :P Did you play Diablo 2 before? How do they compare?

EDIT: Thanks Anyone, handy in case I decide to use it

Yeah, each to their own - it's all good squishy as long as the players enjoy it.

I didn't play Diablo 2 online, but I did play a lot of co-op play and single player in college. Overall, they're pretty similar, gameplay is almost identical, with a few small changes. Graphics are obviously updated.

In Diablo III, character development of skills is a bit ... I hesitate to say dumbed down ... but that's what it feels like. You can't distribute points amongst your attributes as you could before, and the skills list feels restricted. I'm only level 20 or so though, so I can't really judge what it's like at higher levels.

Yeah, each to their own - it's all good squishy as long as the players enjoy it.

I didn't play Diablo 2 online, but I did play a lot of co-op play and single player in college. Overall, they're pretty similar, gameplay is almost identical, with a few small changes. Graphics are obviously updated.

In Diablo III, character development of skills is a bit ... I hesitate to say dumbed down ... but that's what it feels like. You can't distribute points amongst your attributes as you could before, and the skills list feels restricted. I'm only level 20 or so though, so I can't really judge what it's like at higher levels.

I've never even played a game similar so it's all new to me anyway! Didn't someone above say that it's possible to untick some menu option that allows you to customise or develop your skills as you like?

I'm on level 9 and just defeated the Skeleton King in about 1.5-2 hours? Am I progressing slowly or as expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

You guys want a guest pass? I have one pm me

I'm on level 9 and just defeated the Skeleton King in about 1.5-2 hours? Am I progressing slowly or as expected?

Sounds about right. Maybe a bit faster than expected - I was level 10 (and a good bit along level 10) when I killed the Skeleton King.

I've never even played a game similar so it's all new to me anyway! Didn't someone above say that it's possible to untick some menu option that allows you to customise or develop your skills as you like?

normal enough :)

yea, you can enable elective mode, through the options menu. It undumbs-down things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So I am trying out using a guest pass. I really must admit I am glad I did.
    I cannot find anything here that justifies paying anywhere from €45 -€60 for it.
    Granted I am only level 5 and have only see the skeleton king on his first appearance but I have not had the game grabbing at me like others do.
    Shame :(
    I'll continue with the guest pass for now and see if it improves..

Wossack wrote: »
    yea, you can enable elective mode, through the options menu. It undumbs-down things :)

Nice. Will give that a lash.

Nice :) had no idea if I was doing well or not! Picked wizard so I guess it's probably easier than other heroes? Is there any place with boardsies battle tags to add each other for co-op play?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is a thread a couple inches below this one with all our tags. :)

In general ranged classes start out easy but end up becoming tricky later on. Normal will probably be easy for you and nightmare a little trickier. But in Hell mode, Barbarians will be able to take a good few from elite monsters..... but Wizards are so squishy most monsters later on will one shot you so.....it balances out.

That 6 second Ice move that makes you invulnerable is very good though. I would use that alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nice :) had no idea if I was doing well or not! Picked wizard so I guess it's probably easier than other heroes? Is there any place with boardsies battle tags to add each other for co-op play?

3 of us played last night. me DH and barb and wizzard. our wizzard friend was dead about 10 times :D. we were all on vent and it was like this: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"! us: " MUHAAHHAHAHAHAHA, wait a minite ya useless prick i will ress you, again". :D

Played all classes in the open beta, and thought wiz was the hardest - on the flipside, it may end up being the easiest endgame :)

Perhaps I was unlucky on that playthrough though - was held up a few deaths vs some nasty champion combinations - teleporter and increased damage iirc

Kirby wrote: »
    That 6 second Ice move that makes you invulnerable is very good though. I would use that alot.

I use this constantly, as it also reduces the cost of my Arcane Torrent...which is awesome. Pretty much unkillable with my Wizard on Normal, and thinking of rolling my Barbarian later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The amount of money in NM mode is ridiculous !
    You get the same/prob more , from the lvl.1 baddies, in the first Act, as you do from the End bosses on Normal mode in Act4 :o:o

I paid like 6k for 5 pages of Learning @ Normal mode, came across 5 within the first 10mins on NM mode.

Where do you get the pages? AH or are they loot that can be found? I've not come across any yet, though i'm only lvl23.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The amount of money in NM mode is ridiculous !
    You get the same/prob more , from the lvl.1 baddies, in the first Act, as you do from the End bosses on Normal mode in Act4 :o:o

I paid like 6k for 5 pages of Learning @ Normal mode, came across 5 within the first 10mins on NM mode.

Yeah its deffo not worth picking up "white trash" anymore, I just get the magic stuff to salvage now...

Kiith wrote: »
    Where do you get the pages? AH or are they loot that can be found? I've not come across any yet, though i'm only lvl23.

They start to drop in nightmare, you need them for upgrading artisans and some weapons

Kirby wrote: »

Yeah it's brilliant, Skeleton King was super easy using it!

I must add a few of ye so, wouldn't mind some co-op at some stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Noxin wrote: »
    So I am trying out using a guest pass. I really must admit I am glad I did.
    I cannot find anything here that justifies paying anywhere from €45 -€60 for it.
    Granted I am only level 5 and have only see the skeleton king on his first appearance but I have not had the game grabbing at me like others do.
    Shame :(
    I'll continue with the guest pass for now and see if it improves..

The beta/guest section is stuipdly easy. i didn't really enjoy it much either....but then i got caught up in the hype and bought the full game. past the skelly king things start to get much harder (= more fun:D) and as you get more skill and rune options killing things get more fun too. I think they did themselves an injustice with the super easy demo.

also, the monk can cast a huge bell on people.

• Advertisement

3 of us played last night. me DH and barb and wizzard. our wizzard friend was dead about 10 times :D. we were all on vent and it was like this: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"! us: " MUHAAHHAHAHAHAHA, wait a minite ya useless prick i will ress you, again". :D

hahaha :D what's your tag? Is it in the other thread?

Advertisement