Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

dibkins wrote: »
    also, the monk can cast a huge bell on people.

Got that last night. Bloody weird ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

BONG!

Seven Sided Strike is where its at though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm confused about gray items. Were these the socketable in items DII. I looked them up in a wiki and they are refered to as junk items = not worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

grizzly wrote: »
    I'm confused about gray items. Were these the socketable in items DII. I looked them up in a wiki and they are refered to as junk items = not worth picking up.

In diablo 2 there were grey items as: socketable and the non repairable ones. I don't bother with nothing but blue amd up.

One thing I am missing in this game though: rune words. :( is it me or they removed diamond gem too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In diablo 2 there were grey items as: socketable and the non repairable ones. I don't bother with nothing but blue amd up.

One thing I am missing in this game though: rune words. :( is it me or they removed diamond gem too?

Only 4 gems now. sapphire, skull and diamond are all gone as well as runes and jewels.

• Advertisement

pretty sure theres diamonds alright

emerald, ruby, saphire, topaz, amethyst, diamond

no skulls though afaik :)

/edit, maybe not though, as above..!

/edit2, yep :( just 4 gems now - amethyst, emerard, ruby, topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Forgot how "fun" Blizzard forums can be. In work atm, and reading some...loads of complaints about high latency, so servers come down to apply a fix, now theres loads of complaints about servers being down.

And a nearly 17,000 post rage thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

How? What?

Just checked on Blizzard forums
    This is what you need (END OF GAME SPOILERS)
    The items needed:
    Black Mushroom spawns in cathedral level 1 ACT1

Shinbone is located randomly in the fireplace in leorics manor ACT1.

Liquid Rainbow is located from the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious chest in the Oasis in ACT2. You will know its the right place when you save the old man and he opens it up. the spawn point is always the same for the event.

Wirts Bell is sold from one of the merchants in the city on ACT2

Gibbering Gemstone drops from Chiltara in the caverns of frost ACT3(The area where you destroy the ballistae) if you get Ice caverns exit out and start a new game. The mob itself is random.

The plans drops randomly from Izual on ACT4.

Opening the portal I will leave that up to you.

All i've picked up so far are the black mushrooms.
    Wossack wrote: »
    pretty sure theres diamonds alright

emerald, ruby, saphire, topaz, amethyst, diamond

no skulls though afaik :)

/edit, maybe not though, as above..!

/edit2, yep :( just 4 gems now - amethyst, emerard, ruby, topaz

Probably DLC for the others :pac:

That reminds me:
    End of game
    What do you think DLC will be? I can't see where they'll go from here now that the war's basically over. Adria?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone playing a monk able to comment on their healing?
    I always roll healer in mmos and rpgs, i understand the whole health orb drops etc but im wondering if later on a heal spec monk would operate like a main healer ?
    Im playing a barb as a main for now but if the monk is able to be a healer of sorts and is beneficial in later difficulties id be tempted to roll one.

• Advertisement

Ive a monk, approx level 26

he's only 1 heal spell at the moment I believe. It can be runed to make it more effective. 15s cooldown on it. It heals everyone in the party on use

He has aura's also (called mantras). Ive only unlocked 2, maybe 3 of them. The one Im using is +15% dodge, with +10% armour rune iirc (maybe more)

/edit can also cast a protection rune on the ground, that stops mobs from entering it - could see use in it for protecting wiz/dh's.
    The three mantras I have at the moment: increased dodge, a 'thorns' type aura, and an increased regen/healing aura

It's not an mom lads. There is no healers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ha, those little goblin f*ckers kept getting away from me before i could kill them (In Nightmare...). Was actually making me rage, had to switch to pure damage, got my damage to just under 1800 (42 Wizard) !

Melting **** now, although i have to play cautiously now because i'll get shanked by a bad combo of mobs :D Fun fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

There is no dedicated healers. The odd heal from the monk can come in handy, but 95% of the time you will be smashing faces. Tis the diablo way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what the battlenet CLIENT? do i need it ?
    also what can i do with the free passes? can my friends play with me? where can they get the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Any free passes going? Would really appreciate one to tie me over till my local stores get the game back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Protip: Dont fight Diablo in Nightmare without repairing first :rolleyes: I was naked after the shadow phase and the other two guys i was with had to carry me. Suprised he didnt enrage with these so called enrage timers. Took them some time.

Ending spoilers + Possible New Content
    Adria is still lurking about plus i dont think Imperius is dead and i bet he comes back as a possible enemy in the future. Was expecting to fight him this game to be honest. Plus if you watch in the last cinematic as Diablo is falling, after she disintegrates the Black Soulstone still remains whole and falls to Sanctuary/Earth. So it still has to be destroyed cause like all the Demons are still inside.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Stingerbar wrote: »
    Tips for the action house (during peak hours seems to be down a lot)................................
    -Refresh the search often, stuff just keeps coming up.

........ So many new people throwing up amazing rare items at stupid prices (300 gold, etc), the thing is damn addictive. I bought one ring for 400 and sold it two minutes later for 8900.
    The Diablo School of Macro Economics!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's not an mom lads. There is no healers.

Wrong!, ive just watched a stream of inferno mode with a monk as the main healer in the party, proof it does infact have healers.
    It doesnt have to be an mmo to have healers, look at dragon age and countless others.
    I suppose its whatever way you look at the monks role and how its specced.

Is there any way to cancel auctions?
    Apparently 10 items is the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

Placebo wrote: »
    what the battlenet CLIENT? do i need it ?
    also what can i do with the free passes? can my friends play with me? where can they get the game

Battle.net is the service blizzard use to allow players to authenticate, play and obtain the game. You don't need to obtain it separately as its already core to diablo, the same if you play world of warcraft or starcraft
    Try to think of it as an account creation system that you need to use to log in and play the game.

The free passes can be obtained i think by players who own the game and they allow up to lvl 13 i believe or through act 1 of the game... but i don't have much more on that.
    Also here some footage of a video podcast i did with a friend if you wanna see some of the gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Going to play barb through normal now and then decide whether to use him or witch doctor for first run to 60. How long does it take to rush through normal with co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Dcully wrote: »

Nope, You need to wait the full 2 days, However(I haven't tested this myself) you might be able to buy the items you put up for sale, Finishing the auction, But you will lose 15% of the gold spent.

Has anyone noticed massive differences in price depending on the quantity you want? Went to buy blacksmithing pages, 5 cost 1300 Each.. 2 cost 400 Each... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Anyone else getting the Auction house bug where everything you search for comes up as no results?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nope, You need to wait the full 2 days, However(I haven't tested this myself) you might be able to buy the items you put up for sale, Finishing the auction, But you will lose 15% of the gold spent.

Has anyone noticed massive differences in price depending on the quantity you want? Went to buy blacksmithing pages, 5 cost 1300 Each.. 2 cost 400 Each... :pac:

This is due to people not knowing the value of items and just throwing the odd one or two up on the AH and you were lucky enough to search for it and snap it up at the time, iv gotten lucky with a few gems, paid 350 gold for some flawless ruby's :D

I like the way they have the consumable stuff on the AH, there's not pages and pages of gems and recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

CombatCow wrote: »
    This is due to people not knowing the value of items and just throwing the odd one or two up on the AH and you were lucky enough to search for it and snap it up at the time, iv gotten lucky with a few gems, paid 350 gold for some flawless ruby's :D

I like the way they have the consumable stuff on the AH, there's not pages and pages of gems and recipes.

Sorry, what do you mean by the bit in bold? Genuinely don't understand :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well the gems are not listed like normal items ( pages and pages of stuff). You just search the type and quality and it finds the cheapest price at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ah right, I'm assuming this was different in Diablo 2? Not allowing you to specify exactly what you want? Also, what are these 'pages' I see people on about?

Dcully wrote: »
    Wrong!, ive just watched a stream of inferno mode with a monk as the main healer in the party, proof it does infact have healers.
    It doesnt have to be an mmo to have healers, look at dragon age and countless others.
    I suppose its whatever way you look at the monks role and how its specced.

Just because one individual doing this, it does not make it a standart. If there is only one spell to heal and he goes full time heal, then how much damage and cc they losse?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Was planning on picking this up tomorrow but don't fancy paying 55 in Gamestop or 60 directly from Blizzard. Does anyone know if anywhere in Cork City will have it for less than 50 quid so I could play it for the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Was planning on picking this up tomorrow but don't fancy paying 55 in Gamestop or 60 directly from Blizzard. Does anyone know if anywhere in Cork City will have it for less than 50 quid so I could play it for the weekend?

It's 45 in HMV apparently but my local one did not have it.

Advertisement