Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just because one individual doing this, it does not make it a standart. If there is only one spell to heal and he goes full time heal, then how much damage and cc they losse?

Its not a healer in the traditional sense of stand there spamming heals. The monks has some abilites that give healing to the party and to oneself. He will lose Damage but will gain group synergy, and it seems a must in Hell+. For example:

My Witch Doctor has a passive that reduces all damage done by an enemy when they are hit with Poison Damage. With Poison Darts alone which i spam on bosses will straight up reduce all damage the boss does by 20%. And with locust swarm that spreads over large ground of enemy's means whole packs will have the -20% Damage debuff. I really like it though. Adds nice synergy without over doing it and turning the game into a standard RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Limericks wrote: »
    It's 45 in HMV apparently but my local one did not have it.

yup 45 in hmv but sold out in most hmv's. all the ones in dublin area awaiting more stock

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its not a healer in the traditional sense of stand there spamming heals. The monks has some abilites that give healing to the party and to oneself. He will lose Damage but will gain group synergy, and it seems a must in Hell+. For example:

My Witch Doctor has a passive that reduces all damage done by an enemy when they are hit with Poison Damage. With Poison Darts alone which i spam on bosses will straight up reduce all damage the boss does by 20%. And with locust swarm that spreads over large ground of enemy's means whole packs will have the -20% Damage debuff. I really like it though. Adds nice synergy without over doing it and turning the game into a standard RPG.

Yes, this is how Diablo works. All classes do something to make enemies go down easyer. Some classes buff your survivability while dpsing and athers decrease enemies survivability. So monk has ability to heal your party a bit, but that does not make him a healer as such, his still primary objective is too kill stuff as fast as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Was planning on picking this up tomorrow but don't fancy paying 55 in Gamestop or 60 directly from Blizzard. Does anyone know if anywhere in Cork City will have it for less than 50 quid so I could play it for the weekend?

Argos online has it listed as €45 but out of stock in Cork, could try calling them and HMV and asking about it returning to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

As upgraded my digital copy to a collectors edition, I have a "spare" digital copy that I can send to a battle.net account through customer service. We could sort something out via PayPal if anyone is interested? With a Boardsie discount of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just because one individual doing this, it does not make it a standart. If there is only one spell to heal and he goes full time heal, then how much damage and cc they losse?

You said there was no healer in the game, i simply pointed out there is if you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

This game stutters quite a bit for me.
    I'm running it with a
    Radeon 5850 gpu
    i5 2500k cpu
    8g ram

surely i should be able to play it easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

KilOit wrote: »
    I'm running it with a
    Radeon 5850 gpu
    i5 2500k cpu
    8g ram

Are you sure it's not the connection lag? You should try turning down all the settings and see if you still get the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So overall has it lived up to the hype? Still not willing to pay what they're charging for a PC game, might get it in a year or two or whatever when it's cheaper.

Dcully wrote: »
    You said there was no healer in the game, i simply pointed out there is if you want one.

Having one ability to drop a random heal does not make you a healer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Got two guest passes here, PM if wanted, first come first serve!

//EDIT gone, that was fast!

danthefan wrote: »
    So overall has it lived up to the hype? Still not willing to pay what they're charging for a PC game, might get it in a year or two or whatever when it's cheaper.

For me - yes. I haven't played anything for 2 days, only Diablo. Very happy with it and I cannot fault it yet. There will be always moaners, and pink glasses vannila fanboys.

Having one ability to drop a random heal does not make you a healer.

Jeez man its like talking to a 12 year old :D you can heal if you want simple as!

Jeez man its like talking to a 12 year old :D you can heal if you want simple as!

You can take all your gear off and run naked around Diablo on hell difficulty while shouting : " raccoon bit my penys off!!! ".

Ability to do it, does not make a good idea to do it in the first place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Wrong!, ive just watched a stream of inferno mode with a monk as the main healer in the party, proof it does infact have healers.
    It doesnt have to be an mmo to have healers, look at dragon age and countless others.
    I suppose its whatever way you look at the monks role and how its specced.

Is there any way to cancel auctions?
    Apparently 10 items is the limit.

He's right, calling the Monk a healer is wrong this isn't an MMO. He has 1 heal skill on a 20 second CD which isn't even his best spell from that school.

If you did see a video of a party with the monk using his heal spell whenever it's needed again doesn't make him "main healer". Every class has defensive abilities that help out the group. Likewise just because traditionally the barb has the most HP doesn't make him the main tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Why should a pc game cost any less than a console one(apart from maybe if you get a digital copy)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Because console games have to pay an amount to have the right to develop a game for the console. Or so I always thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

KilOit wrote: »
    I'm running it with a
    Radeon 5850 gpu
    i5 2500k cpu
    8g ram

My spec is about half as good as that and I can run it on full blast with no lag.

It's all down to your internet connection i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

BKtje wrote: »
    Because console games have to pay an amount to have the right to develop a game for the console. Or so I always thought.
    True, but there is also a much wider market, and therefore better chance of a high return on a console game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Connavar wrote: »
    Why should a pc game cost any less than a console one(apart from maybe if you get a digital copy)

PC games were always a good bit cheaper. Until MW2 ....

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    He's right, calling the Monk a healer is wrong this isn't an MMO. He has 1 heal skill on a 20 second CD which isn't even his best spell from that school.

If you did see a video of a party with the monk using his heal spell whenever it's needed again doesn't make him "main healer". Every class has defensive abilities that help out the group. Likewise just because traditionally the barb has the most HP doesn't make him the main tank.

lawl we all know it isnt an mmo,the monk has atleast one heal spell therefore its capable of some form of healing thus making it the closest thing to a main healer in the game,nobody claimed the monk is a main healer as you seem to think.

You can get it in hmv for €45 , total bargain in my opinion.
    So far the game is fantastic,im taking it slowly as im balancing my gaming time between it and Tera which is also fantastic.
    Ive only just started act 2 but already i can see the game should have huge longevity.

Gbear wrote: »
    My spec is about half as good as that and I can run it on full blast with no lag.

It's all down to your internet connection i'd say.

Not really. For example my spec is: 2500k + gtx 680 and it does over 120fps, but it is very damn chopy. When I turn on vsync it sorts it self out.

Runs silky smooth for me on both computers here,one very high spec one about 4 years old.
    Both running max gfx @ 1920X1080.

Anyone got into the crafting?
    Should i be crafting in parallel to leveling up?
    It seems very expensive to do it this way.
    Or can i continue my crafting progression after i move on from normal difficulty?

Runs silky smooth for me on both computers here,one very high spec one about 4 years old.
    Both running max gfx @ 1920X1080.

Anyone got into the crafting?
    Should i be crafting in parallel to leveling up?
    It seems very expensive to do it this way.
    Or can i continue my crafting progression after i move on from normal difficulty?

I've seen little point in it other than a few of the rares.
    If you level up as far as you can in normal (just before grand master) then you can get maybe 5 or 6 useful rare items crafted.
    I got a pretty mean bastard sword, some plate shoulder guards, some boots, a belt and a decent helmet between about lvl 18-28. I still have most of them at level 35

Gbear wrote: »
    I've seen little point in it other than a few of the rares.
    If you level up as far as you can in normal (just before grand master) then you can get maybe 5 or 6 useful rare items crafted.
    I got a pretty mean bastard sword, some plate shoulder guards, some boots, a belt and a decent helmet between about lvl 18-28. I still have most of them at level 35

Is the only way to level it up by paying to level it up?
    I hoped i could level up from crafting, but even if i go that route and have the mats i still have to pay the blacksmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Started playing tonight. Anyone else think it's really weird that the weapons you equip don't match the animations (e.g I've a sword equipped but my witch doctor spits dars when I left click)?

Is the only way to level it up by paying to level it up?
    I hoped i could level up from crafting, but even if i go that route and have the mats i still have to pay the blacksmith.

Nah you have to pay. As you get further on you start getting more money so it gets cheaper relatively.

It's sortof worth it. You don't have all that much else to spend money on really, and once you level it up it's leveled with every character.

What you could possibly try is crafting rares and selling them on the auction house. I tried with a few just to see would it work but i've no bids yet.

The items were a bit ****e to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Connavar wrote: »
    True, but there is also a much wider market, and therefore better chance of a high return on a console game

Wider market? everyone has a pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

anyone want to fire a guest pass my way :) would really appropriate it! :)

Advertisement