Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Argh... getting disconnected so damn often, it's bloody infuriating. I'm just trying to finish Act 2 and I keep getting massive lag spikes in the middle of the bloody boss fight and end up dead. This requirement for a constant internet connection completely ****ing ruins the game if there's even the slightest hiccup in my connection :(
    silvine wrote: »
    Started playing tonight. Anyone else think it's really weird that the weapons you equip don't match the animations (e.g I've a sword equipped but my witch doctor spits dars when I left click)?
    I don't think think the Witch Doctor sticking the sword in his mouth to shoot darts would look any less weird... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

Stupid question I know, but does anyone know of anywhere I could get my hands on a collectors edition? Does anyone have one pre-ordered and has changed their mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just onto act two now with a barbarian. I am glad it got harder after the skeleton king and am looking forward to playing harder difficulties.

I also JUST realized you ID items by right clicking them! I was wondering when I would be getting scrolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is there any benefit to not identifying items?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Limericks wrote: »
    Just onto act two now with a barbarian. I am glad it got harder after the skeleton king and am looking forward to playing harder difficulties.

I also JUST realized you ID items by right clicking them! I was wondering when I would be getting scrolls!

Well you're in luck. A massive leap in difficulty in nightmare.

In particular, elite enemies now have 2 abilities one of which is usually something which you can't get in normal mode. Like chains of fire, which links the 3 monsters with flaming chains and if you stand between them you get burned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If anyone has a guess pass I'd love to check out D3. Bit reticent hearing about servers and would like to see how it runs on my pc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

It all makes sense now. This whole time i have been playing i haven't got a single Legendary. But i now know how the game works. You run a level, get some gear, some blues, some yellows. Find something you need? Good. Find something you dont, but another class could really use? Put it on the AH! And the gold earned off doing that, you use to buy **** you need on the AH! Its a vicious circle.

Now when the real money auction house comes into play. I said i would never buy anything from it and get all my gear through drops. But looking at the state of the drops so far.....its gonna be tough. Unless the gold auction house is still as popular after the RMAH goes live. Its a vicious circle that Blizzard will be cashing in on big time. Plus its player driven so Blizzard dont really have to do anything. Its not like they are adding extra content and letting you buy it like other F2P models.

You gotta take your hat off to them. This is how you make constant cash from a one time buy game that isnt an MMO or F2P model without adding any new content.....at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Dammit to the AH and its 10 item minimum limit! The first 10 I have put up havnt budged and I want to pawn off some yellows now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well 48 lvl now. 3 of us just steam rolling it all. nightmare act 4. in all this time we had only 1 legendary drop and it was some monks shiet.

drop rate is really damn bad for legandary items. i loved it to be rare, but not like fecking this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Protip: Dont fight Diablo in Nightmare without repairing first :rolleyes: I was naked after the shadow phase and the other two guys i was with had to carry me. Suprised he didnt enrage with these so called enrage timers. Took them some time.

Ending spoilers + Possible New Content
    Adria is still lurking about plus i dont think Imperius is dead and i bet he comes back as a possible enemy in the future. Was expecting to fight him this game to be honest. Plus if you watch in the last cinematic as Diablo is falling, after she disintegrates the Black Soulstone still remains whole and falls to Sanctuary/Earth. So it still has to be destroyed cause like all the Demons are still inside.

Thanks for the spoiler by mentioning that you have to fight Diablo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

well 48 lvl now. 3 of us just steam rolling it all. nightmare act 4. in all this time we had only 1 legendary drop and it was some monks shiet.

drop rate is really damn bad for legandary items. i loved it to be rare, but not like fecking this...

You've had the game for just over 2 days.... If you had legendary items now you'd be moaning there was nothing to look forward to! And they'd hardly be legendary if every second mob dropped one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

finished act 1, level 17, 8 hours 20 minutes, the fmv at the end of it is epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

ShaneU wrote: »
    Wider market? everyone has a pc.
    Everyone has a pc, but very few like gaming on them and also very few have machines powerful enough to run pc games. They can make lower quality graphics games to make them runnable on more systems, but pc gamers moan about that and it requires something special eg minecraft for them to get over it. You just have to look at sales numbers of multiplatform games to see how much bigger a market consoles have.

Anyway back on topic, just entered act 2 with my demon hunter and monk. Still awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

The Auction House (gold) really changes the entire game - my Witch Doctor (Normal Act 2) is fully equipped with rares - good rares for his level all from the AH - it changes everything about a "loot" game like Diablo and I'm not entirely convinced for the good.

Need a shoulder with Int/Gold find? Just search the action house and buy it.

At level 60 things should be different, but even after a few hours of play the whole premise of Diablo as a loot crawler seems thrown away - sell everything and concentrate on gold and buy in the AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Connavar wrote: »
    Everyone has a pc, but very few like gaming on them and also very few have machines powerful enough to run pc games.

Are you basing this on your own general theory or did you read that somewhere?
    The minimum specs for D3 are quite low tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, the auction house is funny at the moment though, because noone knows the real "value" of anything.

People put up AMAZING items for 3k , and others put up bogstandard for 50k.

I would think because a lot of people are still on Normal mode, and don't realise the huge jump in gold/items at the higher difficulties.
    The perfect example of this is "Pages of Learning"

When I was lvl25 , Act4 on normal mode, I was loving my crafting, and to get to GrandMaster...I needed these "Pages of Blacksmithing" , which I hadn't found one of, so considered extremely rare.
    Checked auction house, and got me 5 for 7k (1.4 a pop)
    They are still around that price
    I went onto nightmare mode, and they are dropped by the zombies in the first level :eek: , so we really have no clue as to value yet.

With regards to Legendary , I came acrross one, and like before, no clue about value ...was only lvl15 or so, had no moneyz, so put it on auction house for 5k, as I didn't need it for my class :P , how was I to know ? :P

I can't play much this weekend , which is probably good, as I've put in near 40 hours since tuesday , and can feel the effects of carpal tunnel :P:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im trying to avoid the AH - but had to sell a load of rares there, as the stash was full :<

saving to unlock the next stash tab - 100k :(

finished it last night on normal - level 31, 14hrs (iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

What colours are the rare/unique/legendary/etc items? I got something that's yellow the other day but I'm not sure what that means. I know basic magic items are blue and regular items are white...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

yellow is rare
    legendary is brown (iirc)

/edit anyone know if there are going to be any set's?

Might be obvious, but just a quick tip for some new players, as I noticed some at lvl20-30 didn't realise.

Barb - Strength
    Demon Hunter / Monk - Dexterity
    Wizard / Witch - Intelligence

You need to build up the relative attribute as much as possible, so have it on all your items.
    For Demon hunter, say +60 Dex on all items, should give you around 700 or so. This equates roughly to +700% x Damage (your weapon + stats)
    So if your weapon does 80 damage, it would then do 560 etc, probably a lot more w/diff perks etc..just using as an example situation.
    So build up what is relative to your character

Infact - HERE is a damage calculator for you https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgrrHNKf4DoQdDFxRUxKUHFiY0xkYjRjVXVlYlI4TUE#gid=0

Also, Gems
    -There are many types, but each type does something different obviously.
    But they also do something different when equipped to either ?(Helm/Weapon/Other)
    -Ruby will give you say +10-20dmg when you add it to your weapon, but it doesn't give you extra damage if you add it to anything else, or your helmet...it gives you %chance @ finding magical items or something .

-So you should add Ruby to Weapon for damange, and then check the relevant perk each stone gives you for whatever slot/armor piece you are adding it to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Popped on this morning before work, and a friend pm'd me something he had crafted. I went to check what char he was on, and hit autojoin by accident. The pack of elites he was fighting at the time doubled in health as a result of me joining, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I slowly losing resisting the battle to buy this. Anywhere around Dublin have this in stock? (€60 for the digital download is nuts).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Are you basing this on your own general theory or did you read that somewhere?
    The minimum specs for D3 are quite low tbh.
    Maybe I should rephrase that as very few game on them rather than like gaming on them.

Im judging from anyone I know, plus looking at game sales stats. MW3's sales on pc only accounted for 5% of its overall according to a quick google. Think about how many people you know who have consoles and play games on them compared to how many play games on the pc(im not including mini games/browser based games here)

D3 is like minecraft in that it is special so gets away with graphics that lets be fair are far from top of the line(it has a large amount of people complaining about its graphics but it has a big enough name behind it to get away with it).

Im judging from anyone I know, plus looking at game sales stats. MW3's sales on pc only accounted for 5% of its overall according to a quick google. it).

Because we know better than to buy MW3, we are the PC MasterRace. :cool:
    Can we stay on Topic with regards to Diablo3 , and not PC/Consoles etc.
    I don't know why Consoles are being mentioned on the diablo 3 thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Can you use the AH through a browser interface? Or just in-game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

(it has a large amount of people complaining about its graphics but it has a big enough name behind it to get away with it).

To be perfectly frank anyone complaining about the graphics is a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Local HMV out of stock (actually has no PC games...), same with the local Argoses.

Not giving Gamestop 55 for it.
    Hopefully can survive the weekend without impulse/pressure buying the DD version...

(and you can check your local Argos stock levels online:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9091728/Trail/searchtext%3EDIABLO.htm )

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Been throwing any rare's I get on the AH for between 50 and 100 k (If I or a mate don't need it), got 3 up there at the minute no idea if they will sell, see some for a lot less and others up for a lot more, rather they didn't sell then sell them cheap though lol.

Can't wait to finish work today, only been able to put in like 2 hours or so a night all week, level 15 so far. Going to be flat out all weekend.

Also should I pour loads of money into Blacksmith leveling or is there anythnig else I should keep it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Niska wrote: »
    Locla HMV out of stock (actually has no PC games...), same with the locla Argoses.

Not giving Ganestop 55 for it.
    Hopefully cna survive the weekend without impulse/pressure buying the DD version...

(and you can check your ocla Argos stock levels online:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9091728/Trail/searchtext%3EDIABLO.htm )

Thanks, tried that. Looks like its out of stock in Argos pretty much everywhere near me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Maybe I should rephrase that as very few game on them rather than like gaming on them.

Im judging from anyone I know, plus looking at game sales stats. MW3's sales on pc only accounted for 5% of its overall according to a quick google. Think about how many people you know who have consoles and play games on them compared to how many play games on the pc(im not including mini games/browser based games here)

D3 is like minecraft in that it is special so gets away with graphics that lets be fair are far from top of the line(it has a large amount of people complaining about its graphics but it has a big enough name behind it to get away with it).

whatever you say there chief :D

Advertisement