Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

A latency of 905.. on a single player game:mad:

If you are going to force us to use your servers Blizzard, At least invest in something that can handle what is most likely the quietest time of day...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cosmin

I would like a guestpass, i did not play the beta and i would like to try the game before throwing money after it. If anyone could PM me a Diablo guest pass I would be very thankfull!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NiallFH wrote: »
    Been throwing any rare's I get on the AH for between 50 and 100 k (If I or a mate don't need it), got 3 up there at the minute no idea if they will sell, see some for a lot less and others up for a lot more, rather they didn't sell then sell them cheap though lol.

Can't wait to finish work today, only been able to put in like 2 hours or so a night all week, level 15 so far. Going to be flat out all weekend.

Also should I pour loads of money into Blacksmith leveling or is there anythnig else I should keep it for?

Ask yourself this: Would you buy those items for 50k?

I put some things up and having seen whats available they're clearly twice the price they should be for anyone to want them. Hopefully I'll get some eejit with more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

NiallFH wrote: »
    Been throwing any rare's I get on the AH for between 50 and 100 k (If I or a mate don't need it), got 3 up there at the minute no idea if they will sell, see some for a lot less and others up for a lot more, rather they didn't sell then sell them cheap though lol.

Also should I pour loads of money into Blacksmith leveling or is there anythnig else I should keep it for?

This is what I was talkin about in my post earlier, people throwing up random items at crazy prices.
    Nothing you have or get is worth 50k.
    I take it you are playing on normal ? , and at lvl15, the items must seem brilliant, but by the end of your game you will have accumulated LOADS of rares and be fully kitted out with them.

Who has 50k to spend on a standard item ??...noone at that level I'd guess, and those that have 50k to spend, I'd assume have a grasp of the game and conept and are a much higher level, and therefore wouldn't need that equipment, or would know that its "rip off"

The only thing that "should" reach 50k I'd guess is "Legendary or Set"

Save your money for the auction house, to buy yourself gear, look for bargains, and not gear thats "put up for 50k and hope someone buys it" prices

There was a great post a few pages back about searching on AH.

- Search for you item - few levels below your level, and 1-2 above
    - Set your requirement , e.g. Dexterity +40 min
    - Set buyout to 9999999
    - Sort by buyout - lowest first , and check for bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Might be obvious, but just a quick tip for some new players, as I noticed some at lvl20-30 didn't realise.

Barb - Strength
    Demon Hunter / Monk - Dexterity
    Wizard / Witch - Intelligence

You need to build up the relative attribute as much as possible, so have it on all your items.
    For Demon hunter, say +60 Dex on all items, should give you around 700 or so. This equates roughly to +700% x Damage (your weapon + stats)
    So if your weapon does 80 damage, it would then do 560 etc, probably a lot more w/diff perks etc..just using as an example situation.
    So build up what is relative to your character

Infact - HERE is a damage calculator for you https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgrrHNKf4DoQdDFxRUxKUHFiY0xkYjRjVXVlYlI4TUE#gid=0

Also, Gems
    -There are many types, but each type does something different obviously.
    But they also do something different when equipped to either ?(Helm/Weapon/Other)
    -Ruby will give you say +10-20dmg when you add it to your weapon, but it doesn't give you extra damage if you add it to anything else, or your helmet...it gives you %chance @ finding magical items or something .

-So you should add Ruby to Weapon for damange, and then check the relevant perk each stone gives you for whatever slot/armor piece you are adding it to.

Don't stack up purely only the main stat your chat need. You will get a glass cannon effect. We learned that hard way on nightmare act 2 and act 3. As rented as it looked to stack up dex fore, it was the worst thing I ever could do. All 3 of us now building very balanced and stacking up vitality with other stats. In nightmare +++ survivability is a key, not dps race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Connavar wrote: »
    Maybe I should rephrase that as very few game on them rather than like gaming on them.

Im judging from anyone I know, plus looking at game sales stats. MW3's sales on pc only accounted for 5% of its overall according to a quick google. Think about how many people you know who have consoles and play games on them compared to how many play games on the pc(im not including mini games/browser based games here)

D3 is like minecraft in that it is special so gets away with graphics that lets be fair are far from top of the line(it has a large amount of people complaining about its graphics but it has a big enough name behind it to get away with it).

Pretty sure they're doing just fine without being on console, considering they've broke all pre-sale records on PC, and the undoubted millions they'll make from the real money auctionhouse. Some games aren't really console friendly, diablo in its current state is one of those games. The controls would have to be changed drastically, the networking features would require a lot of work and the target customers would need a lot of advertising to make it viable as most console players have no idea what diablo is and wouldn't be surround by the hype that most PC players have been. They have said that a console version is in the works tho, thankfully blizzard have a bit of cop-on and didn't delay/consolize the PC version.

So yeah.. MW3 didn't do as well as the console version, but sure thats just down to the general lack of quality shooters found on console and the fact that there are far better shooters on PC to be playing.

Don't stack up purely only the main stat your chat need. You will get a glass cannon effect. We learned that hard way on nightmare act 2 and act 3. As rented as it looked to stack up dex fore, it was the worst thing I ever could do. All 3 of us now building very balanced and stacking up vitality with other stats. In nightmare +++ survivability is a key, not dps race.

Aye, I know, I mean in general though.
    When I search I'm going for Vitality as my main 2nd, I've sort of taken to only buying items now with multiple benefits.
    I think Gems will have a a huge role down the line at later leves

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Magill wrote: »
    Pretty sure they're doing just fine without being on console, considering they've broke all pre-sale records on PC, and the undoubted millions they'll make from the real money auctionhouse. Some games aren't really console friendly, diablo in its current state is one of those games. The controls would have to be changed drastically, the networking features would require a lot of work and the target customers would need a lot of advertising to make it viable as most console players have no idea what diablo is and wouldn't be surround by the hype that most PC players have been. They have said that a console version is in the works tho, thankfully blizzard have a bit of cop-on and didn't delay/consolize the PC version.

So yeah.. MW3 didn't do as well as the console version, but sure thats just down to the general lack of quality shooters found on console and the fact that there are far better shooters on PC to be playing.

The lack of intrest for mw3 on pc just show how smug and asshole pc gamers are. We, I mean they, just refuse paying for low quality games, when there are way better options out there.

?? That's wrong
    The lack of intrest for mw3 on pc just show how smug and asshole pc gamers are
    Makes us sound awful !!
    We, I mean they, just refuse paying for low quality games, when there are way better options out there.
    Makes us sound so smart !
    Only this is true ! :D

PC_Gaming_Master_Race.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Is there any use for Strength or Intelligence as a monk? I have a bunch of +STR and +INT items but I don't think they do anything for me whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Anyone else finding the AH to be rather buggy?

Went and bought myself 100 of an item, Price was 760 each. Then went to send the item to my stash and noticed I paid 1000 each for the items. So went and checked the buying price again and it was now 1000 each.
    I ended up paying 24000 gold extra because of something out of my control... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

pH wrote: »
    The Auction House (gold) really changes the entire game - my Witch Doctor (Normal Act 2) is fully equipped with rares - good rares for his level all from the AH - it changes everything about a "loot" game like Diablo and I'm not entirely convinced for the good.

Need a shoulder with Int/Gold find? Just search the action house and buy it.

At level 60 things should be different, but even after a few hours of play the whole premise of Diablo as a loot crawler seems thrown away - sell everything and concentrate on gold and buy in the AH.

Indeed. Magic Find is now useless. Better to get the bonus that increases gold drop amount, so you can more easily afford stuff from AH. It's not about find items any more...it's about farming for gold.

Also another note. I have 2 legendary items and both have worse stats that the rares I was already using in those slots. Legendary items really suck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lads the drop rate is no different from D2. Saying that the system is set up so you can never gear yourself and you have to resort to the AH so blizzard can make money is unfair.

Anyone who has played D2 for a substantial amount of time will know gearing up in this can take months of farming to get little improvement, especially if you want to do it yourself because the absolute top rated gear is so scarce. That's why trading was absolutely essential in D2.

Complaining you're not getting the drops you need yourself is silly, we are 3 days in. Every item in the game can be traded and reused, if the drop rates were anything but extremely rare then in a few months time the game would be over saturated with uniques and set items, everyone would have them and they would be worth nothing.

An economy needs to be built for the game to work long term and for that to happen they need to have a very strict drop system.

In a few months time, max level will consist of Inferno mode boss runs. Your character will never be "fully" geared due to the random stats on everything including legendaries and set items. You will likely have a set of gear you set out to aquire months in advance but that set will never truly be finished as even though you may have all the pieces you want they will not all have "perfect" stats.

It's a weird system but it's fantastic and makes for months and months of fun play, always with the intention of improving yourself even if it's only by a small amount each week.

Finally the AH does change things up, I am a self obsessed D2 fan and had huge concerns coming into D3 but I think Blizzard have absolutely nailed it so far but I am reserving judgement on the AH as i'm not 100% on how it will play out. The reason behind it I actually support, farming sites were making massive money selling D2 items illegally and alot of them were scamming or duping their goods. There was a huge demand for this kind of service and Blizzard want to do it in house this time around with the players making some profit, (it's like legalising weed, cut out the dealer get it from a reputable source :p) I just hope it works.

Indeed. Magic Find is now useless. Better to get the bonus that increases gold drop amount, so you can more easily afford stuff from AH. It's not about find items any more...it's about farming for gold.

Also another note. I have 2 legendary items and both have worse stats that the rares I was already using in those slots. Legendary items really suck so far.

This won't last for long, gold will become so plentiful AH prices will go through the roof and the best items won't be put up for gold. It will be all done on the real money AH.

Get max level and a set of MF items and start boss running, find some top tier items and throw them on the AH to make a profit, then use that money to buy your own top end gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Onto act 3 now.I didn't think I would enjoy this game so much. Very happy buying even at 55 from gamestop as HMV was sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Limericks wrote: »
    Onto act 3 now.I didn't think I would enjoy this game so much. Very happy buying even at 55 from gamestop as HMV was sold out!

Are you playing alone? Would this game get boring on your own?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

dazftw wrote: »
    Are you playing alone? Would this game get boring on your own?

I am playing on my own some of the time and with a friend other times, either way it is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Newaglish wrote: »
    Is there any use for Strength or Intelligence as a monk? I have a bunch of +STR and +INT items but I don't think they do anything for me whatsoever.

Strength, Intelligence and Dexterity all have effects.

Each class has one of them as a primary attribute and then that attribute also affects damage dealt.

Intelligence effects magic resistance (1% of your intelligence is = base magic resistance)

Dexterity affects your armour - not sure how.

Strength affect err.. something else, I can't remember.

Generally speaking you want to boost your primary attribute and vitality to up damage and life. The other 2 affect your character, but they're not as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Add me as a friend and trade your intelli....lol...and vice versa. The amount of stuff I am getting for other classes is criminal.

I am only lvl 40 and on act 2 of nightmare ALONE!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just finished it on hardcore normal, with a demonhunter! By far the most fun to play for me.

Belial managed to kill my poor witch doctor on hardcore.

MEIN GOTT, but hardcore nightmare is a one seriously tough campaign, am barely halfway through act 1 and i've almost died on every elite/champo pack!

Lovin' it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Gbear wrote: »
    Dexterity affects your armour - not sure how.

Strength affect err.. something else, I can't remember.

Dex adds dodge, Str adds armor :)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Add me as a friend and trade your intelli....lol...and vice versa. The amount of stuff I am getting for other classes is criminal.

I am only lvl 40 and on act 2 of nightmare ALONE!!! :eek:

You're not allowed play without me or pass my level damn you !
    You said you had things to do !
    You said we were partners in crime....
    Our Diablo adventures are RUINED now !!! :P

Just finished it on hardcore normal, with a demonhunter! By far the most fun to play for me.

Belial managed to kill my poor witch doctor on hardcore.

MEIN GOTT, but hardcore nightmare is a one seriously tough campaign, am barely halfway through act 1 and i've almost died on every elite/champo pack!

Lovin' it!

Fair play, hardcore is... hardcore!! I finished normal without dying on my Monk but i'm on Act3 nightmare but i've already died 4 or 5 times as some of the champion packs are mental. Arcane, frozen and the lifeleech packs can be very tough especially if you get a mix of the two!!!

It's doable but you will have to be slow and assess each pack, Hell difficulty on the other hand I would say best of luck with that better you than me!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Can someone answer this for me: what's the point in playing through the game more than once? Surely it gets repetitive?

silvine wrote: »
    Can someone answer this for me: what's the point in playing through the game more than once? Surely it gets repetitive?

Loot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come when you play with other it skip over bit when you interact with npc's?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loot.

and also regenerating worlds?am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playing through again for loot and the increased difficulty, thats if you into playing games that are a challenge.

A Sephiroth. The reason NPC stuff is being skipped is cause they are skipping it. If you wanna experience the story i would recommend playing solo for your first play through, or in a group of people that wanna experience it also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

How come when you play with other it skip over bit when you interact with npc's?

One of the players must be skipping the quest text dialog, it affects the group

• Advertisement

Playing through again for loot and the increased difficulty, thats if you into playing games that are a challenge.

A Sephiroth. The reason NPC stuff is being skipped is cause they are skipping it. If you wanna experience the story i would recommend playing solo for your first play through, or in a group of people that wanna experience it also
    CombatCow wrote: »
    One of the players must be skipping the quest text dialog, it affects the group

Damn ya yer right

Advertisement