Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i must suck. nightamre diablo solo is very damn hard. phase 2 i get raped. phase 1 is damn bad too. :( maybe i need to farm small bit more fire resistance gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Getting smashed a lot in hell by rare packs, some really difficult combo's. Its doable but quite a lot of deaths doing it solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So i caved and have been rallying the guest pass i got out of it since last night.

Question, do the mage and demon hunter get alot better? They die pretty easily and their attacks are weak so far.

I've killed the skele king on the Barb and Witch doctor and they just owned everything, think i died once on Barb and never on the doctor.

Demon hunter on the other hand dies alot, yes im avoid attacks best i can but its very easy to get overwhelmend and his attacks are very weak, too weak to counter the skele masses imo, rapid fires cool but it doesnt do alot of damage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

nix wrote: »
    So i caved and have been rallying the guest pass i got out of it since last night.

Question, do the mage and demon hunter get alot better? They die pretty easily and their attacks are weak so far.

I've killed the skele king on the Barb and Witch doctor and they just owned everything, think i died once on Barb and never on the doctor.

Demon hunter on the other hand dies alot, yes im avoid attacks best i can but its very easy to get overwhelmend and his attacks are very weak, too weak to counter the skele masses imo, rapid fires cool but it doesnt do alot of damage :(

You really have to rely on his slow down traps at the start. You must need some new gear too cos rapid fire was never weak for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

crafting with the blacksmith is awesome,I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the game though but I still love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

quarryman wrote: »
    I slowly losing resisting the battle to buy this. Anywhere around Dublin have this in stock? (€60 for the digital download is nuts).

I know what you mean. It seems to be out of stock everywhere bar Blizzard. €60 though...

Connavar wrote: »
    You really have to rely on his slow down traps at the start. You must need some new gear too cos rapid fire was never weak for me :D

I do use the traps and im using the best weapons i can find, rapid fire is strong if targeting a boss and you get to unleash on him, but when yer getting over run by 20-30 skellies, rapid fire isnt enough and the guided arrow which says it pierces but very rarely does, is waaaaay too slow.. Perhaps im just a level away from a kickass aoe attack?

nix wrote: »
    I do use the traps and im using the best weapons i can find, rapid fire is strong if targeting a boss and you get to unleash on him, but when yer getting over run by 20-30 skellies, rapid fire isnt enough and the guided arrow which says it pierces but very rarely does, is waaaaay too slow.. Perhaps im just a level away from a kickass aoe attack?

i am DH 50lvl and i am stuck on solo nightmare diablo. will have to wait for lads and we will continue tonight again.

DH was super easy on normal for me. then nightmare so far was easy, because i had a fat arse barb in front of me and a wizzard behind me. solo act 4 was tricky at places, but i was not totally demolished.
    funny enough i dont use any slow traps etc.

my setup:

M1: hungering arrow ( shattering arrow )
    M2: elemental arrow ( ball of lightning)
    1: Smoke screen ( increased speed )
    2: vault
    3: sentry ( spitfire )
    4: rain of vengeance (beasty bombs )

you play between M1 and M2. you throw out your ball of lightning and whilt its traveling you shoot with M1, then one more ball, and back to M1. you switch between them all the time. smoke screen/vault is a must. every time you see its getting dodgy - get the **** out. sentry always up and as soon as there more then 3 enemies on screen - BOMBING RUN!

• Advertisement

Yeah just picked up vault before going after the king again, made it so much more easier! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Think someone made a mistake selling a legendary item in the AH, I bought it for 50k and it did about 250 dps.
    Needless to say I sold it 10 min later, for 500k :)

Ah i woulda given you 100 Stones of jordan for it ;)

i am in hell. :D

gone to public game and got a full 4 people party for it. it was damn bloody! good challange i have to say!

got my first 100k now. i spend a ton of money on upgrades etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You're not allowed play without me or pass my level damn you !
    You said you had things to do !
    You said we were partners in crime....
    Our Diablo adventures are RUINED now !!! :P

Nah its all good man....YOU are my YODA. I am you padawan, I owe all my skills to your infinite wisdom.

I have totally redone my char with your advice and my inteli has doubled and my DPS is gone through the roof.

Wish I could cancel a bid for a item I bid on by mistake for Silly money :o

Is AH bugged or is it just slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

When the servers get busy the AH just breaks completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Its bugged yeah, they are looking into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

would someone advise me on my stats please?I'm a level 12 barb,how do these stats look

Strengh-52
    Dex-29
    intell-28
    Vit-31
    Amror-299
    Dam-31.26

what do ye think?look ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

would someone advise me on my stats please?I'm a level 12 barb,how do these stats look

Strengh-52
    Dex-29
    intell-28
    Vit-31
    Amror-299
    Dam-31.26

what do ye think?look ok?

Tbh I wouldnt worry about your stats this early. Only matters very late game say around the 30's or maybe 40's. Normal mode is such a piss take in difficult it aint even funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

CombatCow wrote: »
    Its bugged yeah, they are looking into it.

Hopefully they sort it soon, Its a pain in the ass at the moment. Trying to kill Diablo on Nightmare, its a bit fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

D3 is very odd. The first 3/4s of Act 1 are really poor, this game only starts shining when your from 14 plus when you have several build options available.

Currently a monk that Exploding Pams an enemy then pulls in all his friends nuke the cursed enemy with my Way of the Hundred Fists and then roundhouse kick any survivors of the explosion. Pretty cool.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Hopefully they sort it soon, Its a pain in the ass at the moment. Trying to kill Diablo on Nightmare, its a bit fun :P

I was on that today, **** me he is an asshole to solo. Amd he was not the worst part, damn phase 2 "minions" are fecking horrible.
    Ended up going public and doing it with another 3 people. It was a real hard way up to Diablo, them after a good fight we got him.
    Btw hell is ... Fun ... I almost always die atleast once on Any named mob. Really got hard now. Just killed skeleton king. Though I will need to farm a bit now. My gear is not great for hell difficulty at all!

I was on that today, **** me he is an asshole to solo. Amd he was not the worst part, damn phase 2 "minions" are fecking horrible.
    Ended up going public and doing it with another 3 people. It was a real hard way up to Diablo, them after a good fight we got him.
    Btw hell is ... Fun ... I almost always die atleast once on Any named mob. Really got hard now. Just killed skeleton king. Though I will need to farm a bit now. My gear is not great for hell difficulty at all!

what level are you now?what do you mean by farm?level up more/get your stats up?

what level are you now?what do you mean by farm?level up more/get your stats up?

I am 52 now. I really feel very weak now. I know it's he'll difficulty, but my gear is just meh.
    I go to some erea and clean it up. All dens etc. looking for gear, gems, books etc. with made extra gold I try to craft better stuff.
    This is one of the reasons I don't really like coop. As I always go amd clean up everything, so I get extra xp and loot. In diablo it's always better be a bit over levelled them under levelled and under geared. Plus I love farming in Diablo. It's like lottery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah... hell is a massive jump from nightmare i found. Getting my ass torn in half by some rare mob combos. Im on the final dungeon in Act 1, will probably try and clear act 1 tomorrow then farm for some better gear before jumping into act 2.

Apparently hell isn't too bad with a barb or monk tho ? Anyone confirm this ? My little angel wings are no use to this wizard that's for sure. Might try and do some grouped play, had a few random public games earlier that were just a mess lol was getting raped harder than a turkey on Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bought a ridiculously good weapon (for my level at least) for 500 gold on the AH, 35 dps +50 vitality +45 strength

Feels like cheating tbh

ShaneU wrote: »
    Bought a ridiculously good weapon (for my level at least) for 500 gold on the AH, 35 dps +50 vitality +45 strength

Feels like cheating tbh

I am in hell act 1 amd haven't bought a simple item :D. I only sold my first few items on it today. Some yellows for 10k each.
    Hell is hard, but I found my money income to increase a lot. And that mainly from only pick ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

I am in hell act 1 amd haven't bought a simple item :D. I only sold my first few items on it today. Some yellows for 10k each.
    Hell is hard, but I found my money income to increase a lot. And that mainly from only pick ups.

I bought a pair of 1hand bows and my dps went from about 3k to 6k, they were about 20k gold each. If I dont like them or need them later on I can sell them back at a profit.

Money shouldn't be sitting in the bank! (when the auction house is actually working)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

DH was super easy on normal for me.

It was super easy because you were about 8 levels higher than most when they finish!

Advertisement