Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nix wrote: »
    So i caved and have been rallying the guest pass i got out of it since last night.

Question, do the mage and demon hunter get alot better? They die pretty easily and their attacks are weak so far.

I've killed the skele king on the Barb and Witch doctor and they just owned everything, think i died once on Barb and never on the doctor.

Demon hunter on the other hand dies alot, yes im avoid attacks best i can but its very easy to get overwhelmend and his attacks are very weak, too weak to counter the skele masses imo, rapid fires cool but it doesnt do alot of damage :(

Wizard gets very powerful by L28. Tons of crowd control/area effect.
    Actually...all the classes are really good if you have the right gear and chose the right combo of skills.

And once you start getting weapons with sockets, the game becomes far easier due to Ruby Gem damage bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

n1ck wrote: »
    It was super easy because you were about 8 levels higher than most when they finish!

Like I said: there is no need to rush in Diablo. It's not wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wizard gets very powerful by L28. Tons of crowd control/area effect.
    Actually...all the classes are really good if you have the right gear and chose the right combo of skills.

And once you start getting weapons with sockets, the game becomes far easier due to Ruby Gem damage bonus.

Hmmm... Sockets really don't make the game that much easier :D Up until diablo in NM (Bout level 50-52), wizard is pretty decent solo'ing. In hell there are some REALLY hard groups, that i really can't imagine them being solo-able without dying at least once (Clearing the trash around and weakening them a bit). Died about 10 times trying to kill one pack before i logged off last nite, was ridiculous, especially considering i had slow time, diamond skin, frost nova and arcane shield, yet still got smashed to bits !

I'd say most of the bosses are easier than some of these packs. I don't think it'll be impossible too clear hell straight after NM, but if the jump is 6 or 7 times from hell to inferno, then i can see a LOT of farming being required before solo'ing through it. Hopefully gonna try some co-op tonight.

Im glad that its difficult tho, was getting slightly worried seeing some people downing bosses in inferno already, that it would be just as handy solo'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

are servers down or something? cant log in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just started hell last night, playing with a wizard friend finding it handy enough so far but it's a good challenge. Champions can be annoying but immediatly identifying their abilities and having a game plan for the tougher combos works. You can't just DPS your way through it, vitality, armour, dodge, life leech, resistances etc. are vital.

You do need a decent set-up and good synergy of skills which I like and Inferno looks insane. Wont get to play now until Monday though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Gandalph wrote: »
    are servers down or something? cant log in

Yep. Down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm a bit puzzled. Has anyone who's used the monk found it to be overpowered? At the start of the game even?

Towards the end of Act1 I was 2-shotting all but the toughest of monsters and the fight against the Butcher was a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

All the servers are up, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

Myself and a few others on my friends list are all playing anyway........

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm a bit puzzled. Has anyone who's used the monk found it to be overpowered? At the start of the game even?

Towards the end of Act1 I was 2-shotting all but the toughest of monsters and the fight against the Butcher was a farce.

I would not take any notice on difficulty up untill you have way to nightmare. Normal is piss easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Normal is very noob friendly. I would wager an experienced gamer wouldn't die at all finishing it. I'm at the end of act 3 on my wiz and have died once.....and that was purely because I was experimenting with new spells. Thats it. Reportedly, Hell and Inferno difficulty levels are much, much tougher.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

haha I'm way behind ye all,I haven't finished chapter one yet :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Diablo solo cleared on inferno

Didnt take too long http://www.diablofans.com/topic/42866-i-beat-diablo-inferno-solo/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have you seen his damage ? 43k ?!!! Da Fuq ?!!??!

On a sidenote, does anyone find the AH doesn't work half the time ?

fmyl9.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I can't believe he only has 180 Vitality!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

how do you identify rare items?

just done solo butcher. what a bastard. died good few times. all fight was just a matter of one blow or one miss step on fire, or a CD. like always a bunch of blues got droped :(.

lvl 55 and now i bough few weapons on AH, got tired of zero drops :(. i will be saving now for natalies armor on AH. it goes for millions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Right click on em, same as magics etc.....

right click it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was out of town for the last day and a half and i was lvl 54 when i left and im pretty sure i was highest out of the boards players (on my F list) Any of the boardies hit 60 yet?

Was out of town for the last day and a half and i was lvl 54 when i left and im pretty sure i was highest out of the boards players (on my F list) Any of the boardies hit 60 yet?

Maybe. I am slacking because 2 of my partners are at work :(. Stuck at 55, making a small break. Will get back in to it soon thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

They kinda messed up the WD class unique weapon and offhand. Knifes are fast hitting weapons and the WD resource is mana which regen's slowly overtime. So its always better to have a slow speed weapon with the WD since everytime you use your spells you will get the most damage per mana spent with slower attacking weapons. Kinda a bummer having to use a Crossbow and two handed mace on my WD. Same goes for Wizard as they seem to have a similar resource system.

For other classes its not such a big problem since they regen resource by attacking mobs so they gain it back as fast as they spend it. Its sad cause i like the Knife + Voodoo doll look of the WD

Is 60 the level cap?

Ah.. thought my Barb really felt a little underpowered in nightmare but by gaining a level to 36 I was able to equip him with 5 new items from the AH that has upped dps by 50%, hp by 20% and armour by 50%.

Massive difference and colossally satisfying.

when you finish the last mode whats there to do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Become an ultimate loot whore

You finish it first ;)

Connavar wrote: »
    Become an ultimate loot whore

does different/better loot keep appearing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can you not sort items by the current bid price in the AH? I can do it by buyout or dps, but not bid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

does different/better loot keep appearing?

It is more a case of looking for better stats than specific pieces of loot.

Here is an extract from a well written post on reddit which describes how loot stats are created.
    When a rare item is created, it is done so with a number of stats. This varies based on the type of item and within each of these stats the RNG is used again to generate how powerful that particular stat is going to be. This is why you can see rares for level 30's with 5 Intelligence and a Socket (most definitely not an upgrade).
    Unfortunately, this still won't bring the players' overall access to great items down to a sufficient level. If rares roll only specific stats (such as Intelligence and Vitality for Wizard gear) then you're still going to see an increase in really good drops in Loot Instances, and an overall decline in the value of these items. Diablo 3 is uniquely suited to combatting this problem by allowing every class to use (almost) every item.
    When a pait of pants (for example) is rolled, it can have a variable number of stats and those stats range in power. By allowing any stat on any item and more importantly, (almost) any combination of stats on any item, Diablo 3 accommodates for the vastly increased number of Loot Instances a player has access to, by making it vastly less likely for a player to see a "perfectly" rolled item, something that is absolutely beautiful for a single class, like a +Int, +Vit, +Crit, -CC item for Wizards or Witch Doctors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Diablo solo cleared on inferno

Didnt take too long http://www.diablofans.com/topic/42866-i-beat-diablo-inferno-solo/
    Big Knox wrote: »
    I can't believe he only has 180 Vitality!!! :eek:

That is not an accident. I would wager his build revolves around getting the lowest amount of Health possible while stacking damage.

The wizard skill "Force armor" basically means that any hit, no matter how powerful, can only take a third of your health off.

So if diablo hits for 40k, and you have 300 health, he onlys hits you for 100 health. The benefits of this are obvious. Have really, really low hp and stack Health regen so that you get topped off to max health instantly in less than a second....basically it's akin to being able to spam potions like in diablo 2. Stacking life steal would be usefull too.

It's clever and something i noticed in act1 with my wizard while looking through the skills. The drawbacks, are equally as obvious. If you get hit by damage over time, you are dead. If you get hit by 3 hits really quickly, you are dead. It is a situational build for sure....and i'm sure there were plenty of elite mobs he had to change builds for.......but as you can see its VERY effective. Especially on bosses.

It's a bit like the monk build that athene was doing to get world first inferno clear. 2 second invincibility.......with a group of 4 monks. Meaning you rotate the spell and are invincible for 100% of the time. Clever use of game mechanics. That got patched instantly. I can imagine force armor being tweaked too.

Advertisement