Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kiith wrote: »
    Can you not sort items by the current bid price in the AH? I can do it by buyout or dps, but not bid...

I think it's an attempt to stop people sniping items. Waiting untill the last second and bidding. You can still scroll through and look but it takes forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'd imagine they'll nerf a bunch of these abilities soon enough. Crazy how much damage he has, thats about 10 times what my 55 wizard has !

Well, I cleared normal. level 33 wizard made short work of diablo. got about 1200 damage and a combo of Electricity and Arcane Orbs just nuked the hell out of him.

Done most of Act 1 on nightmare and its still pretty easy so far. Haven't died on Nightmare yet although I'm sure I will at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just done a solo hell butcher (lvl54 WD)with this:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aRgYPT!ZWd!aaYcYZ
    picture for my gears/stat:
    http://i.imgur.com/I6WVm.jpg
    thanks to my 30k hp templar for tanking haha

i woke up too early and there is no mate can team Q_Q

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Kirby wrote: »
    Well, I cleared normal. level 33 wizard made short work of diablo. got about 1200 damage and a combo of Electricity and Arcane Orbs just nuked the hell out of him.

Done most of Act 1 on nightmare and its still pretty easy so far. Haven't died on Nightmare yet although I'm sure I will at some point.
    you will do well in NM with 1500ish dps, save up some gold and go shopping at AH when needed :D

• Advertisement

I've bought very little on the AH. A weapon and thats it. I should....but i tend to "waste" it leveling up my gems and blacksmithing. 15k gold per upgrade is fairly pricey. I need some hell money :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I got a trial for this and im playing through it now. I haven't got to the skeleton king but im guessing it'll be the next quest.

I'm thinking about picking up the full game. How many hour will I get out of the story on normal mode? People seem to be finishing it quite quickly!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    I got a trial for this and im playing through it now. I haven't got to the skeleton king but im guessing it'll be the next quest.

I'm thinking about picking up the full game. How many hour will I get out of the story on normal mode? People seem to be finishing it quite quickly!

If you play it normally and don't rush......about 20 hours. Thats what it took me. But i did retread a couple sections with mates. If you speedrun it, probably 5 or 6 the second time through.

This isn't the type of game you will only play normal though. You WILL play newgame+ which is basically much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If you play it normally and don't rush......about 20 hours. Thats what it took me. But i did retread a couple sections with mates. If you speedrun it, probably 5 or 6 the second time through.

This isn't the type of game you will only play normal though. You WILL play newgame+ which is basically much harder.

diablo is not about story mode. its about getting better, stronger. Its a loot whore fest. if anyone is planing to buy that game just to finish once and see cutscene that i am strongly recomend on skiping it. its not a summer block buster, its a freaking time sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

diablo is not about story mode. its about getting better, stronger. Its a loot whore fest. if anyone is planing to buy that game just to finish once and see cutscene that i am strongly recomend on skiping it. its not a summer block buster, its a freaking time sink.

when i beat the game on normal i just thought, well even if i never played this again im glad i bought it coz it was a lot of fun. Although in hindsight i think the game might be overpriced for just that as maybe other games such as torchlight or path of exile offer a similar experience. But yeah after thats its all about maximizing your characters potential ie best skill build with great items, coz i assume its very hard on hell or inferno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Beat Diablo on NM, 16500 HP and 2850 Dps made it rather easy as a DH:pac:

FFs can't log in. First time since launch :D. I am back to work tomorrow :(. I guess Sunday so everyone is online :(.

I guess the most mature and best thing to do is go and bitch on blizzard forums and call every single blizzard employee a scumbag :D

So has anyone read this? I have yet to get a legendary so I can't really comment on the problem but it does seem rather stupid to have set up the loot system so common rares are more powerful than legendaries...:(

down for maintance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was away all yesterday (Road Race Marshall @ NW200 :D ) tried to log in today servers down WTF!

I needs my fix dawg! :mad:

Tis working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Tis working now.

No, it isn't.

Jilm wrote: »
    No, it isn't.

I must of gotten lucky then ^_^

So has anyone read this? I have yet to get a legendary so I can't really comment on the problem but it does seem rather stupid to have set up the loot system so common rares are more powerful than legendaries...:(

as much as i love diablo i have to agree. 12 years and they did such a basic **** up.
    i was very dissapointed to see so many variable stats on legendaries. i guess thats why it change name from unique to legendary... i liked it the way d2 lod was: only ED and crit and ather few stats could have different value, but not a totally different stat. how much nerdrage you could get after indentifying imortal king item and finding **** loads of intelect on it... :rolleyes:

i know they will counter all that problem with: sure high damage, but you lose other stats. the truth is - when you got so much damage everything dies faster, then other stats even come in to the play...

and yup, i am using some blue 400dps one handed xbow from AH at 55lvl... legendaries dont have so much dps at 60...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

It really is silly, im sure most people would rather working towards an elite set of legendary items that takes months/years to get. Hopefully they'll take that sort of feedback and change it so that legendary weapons are infact the best items in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't play single player because of server maintenance.

Superb...

Well i logged back in after the server restart and now i'm in a queue. :p

They can dress it up anyway they want, but this online only lark is just DRM anti piracy. It's really frustrating that you can't just play by yourself when the servers are down. I miss the old days when you bought a game.....you could play it when you liked.

It's also worth noting that party chat was laggy beyond belief for about an hour leading up to this shut down. Like, 2 minutes worth of lag between when you typed a message and it showed up. Oddly enough, whisper chat was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well i logged back in after the server restart and now i'm in a queue. :p

They can dress it up anyway they want, but this online only lark is just DRM anti piracy. It's really frustrating that you can't just play by yourself when the servers are down. I miss the old days when you bought a game.....you could play it when you liked.

It's also worth noting that party chat was laggy beyond belief for about an hour leading up to this shut down. Like, 2 minutes worth of lag between when you typed a message and it showed up. Oddly enough, whisper chat was fine.

The AH and PvP just wouldn't be implementable without the DRM though.

Drop hacks, character editors - they make online play a bit of a farce.

still cant log in :(, makes me a sad panda :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Spot the legendary....
    yXtRV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I have a lot of friends who would not pay for the game if it didn't have this online DRM, since it's there they've all bought the game.

Gbear wrote: »
    The AH and PvP just wouldn't be implementable without the DRM though.

Drop hacks, character editors - they make online play a bit of a farce.

The AH and PVP are online facilities and functions. They aren't part of a single player experience.

We all know why they did it and there are some positives like no hacked items and having access to your friends games. But that's a side effect of their decision, not the cause. It's online only to stop piracy.

By having the loot table for the item drops be server side, it makes it harder to crack the game as none of the items are stored with the game itself. Ofcourse people will just make up their own loot and it will be cracked eventually.....but we are nearly a week after release and it hasn't been cracked yet. Thats a win for blizzard and it's the sole purpose of online only and having to be constantly connected even if playing solo.

It's a blow for the pirates but it punishes legitimate customers aswell. It's a shame that people can't just play on their own without any internet connection. The servers are down at the moment and nobody can play. Plenty of people play this game solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sucks that it had to be a Sunday afternoon that bnet goes down for emergency maintenance too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The AH and PVP are online facilities and functions. They aren't part of a single player experience.

We all know why they did it and there are some positives like no hacked items and having access to your friends games. But that's a side effect of their decision, not the cause. It's online only to stop piracy.

By having the loot table for the item drops be server side, it makes it harder to crack the game as none of the items are stored with the game itself. Ofcourse people will just make up their own loot and it will be cracked eventually.....but we are nearly a week after release and it hasn't been cracked yet. Thats a win for blizzard and it's the sole purpose of online only and having to be constantly connected even if playing solo.

It's a blow for the pirates but it punishes legitimate customers aswell. It's a shame that people can't just play on their own without any internet connection. The servers are down at the moment and nobody can play. Plenty of people play this game solo.

You're right actually.

The stupid thing is that they could've had an offline mode and not allowed the offline characters to play online to prevent hacking and modding.
    There only would've been a tiny number of people who'd pirate the game just so they could play the offline mode.
    I really don't think they would've lost much money on it.
    The amount of extra content available to legitimate copies would make it worth the expense to even the most niggardly pirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sunday afternoon and the Goddamn servers are down. Waited 2 days to show my brother. Not impressed at all.

Advertisement