Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gbear wrote: »
    You're right actually.

The stupid thing is that they could've had an offline mode and not allowed the offline characters to play online to prevent hacking and modding.
    There only would've been a tiny number of people who'd pirate the game just so they could play the offline mode.
    I really don't think they would've lost much money on it.
    The amount of extra content available to legitimate copies would make it worth the expense to even the most niggardly pirates.

I wouldn't be so sure tbh. The vast majority of people who bought Diablo 2 never touched the online section. It was heavily, heavily pirated. There were even portable versions that didn't need an install that people stuck on usb sticks. Most people considered diablo as a primarily single player game with LAN capability. Battlenet wasn't exactly over extended back then.

If Blizz had allowed offline mode for diablo 3, it would have been heavily pirated in my opinion.

Being annoyed that they didn't allow offline play doesn't blind me to the fact that it was a good business decision. I don't blame them for it, I just don't like the nonsense PR spin they try and put on it as if they are doing it for the customers benefit.

I also think a patch a few months down the line allowing offline mode would be a nice gesture to fans. That wouldn't effect sales too much as 90% of sales happen in the first few months so they wouldn't be losing future sales and would be creating good will with their fan base.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kirby wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure tbh. The vast majority of people who bought Diablo 2 never touched the online section. It was heavily, heavily pirated. There were even portable versions that didn't need an install that people stuck on usb sticks.

Most people considered diablo as a primarily single player game with LAN capability. Battlenet wasn't exactly over extended back then. If Blizz had allowed offline mode, it would have been heavily pirated in my opinion.

Being annoyed that they didn't allow offline play doesn't blind me to the fact that it was a good business decision. I don't blame them for it, I just don't like the nonsense PR spin they try and put on it as if they are doing it for the customers benefit.

It depends what you offer them.

For example, they could've made all the non-normal difficulties impossible as solo. Then you'd need online play to get any mileage out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

It depends what you offer them.

For example, they could've made all the non-normal difficulties impossible as solo. Then you'd need online play to get any mileage out of the game.
    That would annoy me more than the drm tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Connavar wrote: »
    That would annoy me more than the drm tbh

Well then it's futile moaning about it.

Blizzard have to do something to protect their revenue.

It'd be lovely for things to go back the way they were but if we want games produced of a certain quality we have to accept the drawbacks - DRM or online content or whatever.

An ideal solution is one that punishes pirates but generates the least amount of friction possible for legitimate users but there's always going to be some drawbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

**** me.. this is ridiculous, the one day most working people get to play for an extended time and they can't keep the damn servers up !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Well then it's futile moaning about it.

Blizzard have to do something to protect their revenue.

It'd be lovely for things to go back the way they were but if we want games produced of a certain quality we have to accept the drawbacks - DRM or online content or whatever.

An ideal solution is one that punishes pirates but generates the least amount of friction possible for legitimate users but there's always going to be some drawbacks.

No it's not futile, if we sit back and let them do it then every developer will do it.

There's plenty of quality games that don't require an online connection so no we don't have to accept this.

Punishing your paying customers is not good practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

SUCH A FU.CK UP ITS NOT FUNNY. Man how can you not get the most basic of things right, really is piss poor no excuse at all. I dont care if the game is new out and teething problems yada yada yada.

€55 which is PURE RIP off and now cant play the RIP OFF GAME WTF!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone else getting problems with logging in on their mac since maintenance the night before last? Diablo just crashes when I try to log in, I was able to log onto the american server but not EU, so weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

As I have nothing better to do since the servers are down for maintenance on a weekend...

halolz-dot-com-diablo3-nofriends.jpg
    yFFLa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i just want to play :(.

i dont want to go back to bf3 etc :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

I see Blizzard are giving everone 30 days free access to compensate for the down time. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Cawk, I haz demons to kill mofos, you can bet the forces of hell dont go down for maintenance!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My guess is that Diablo took down the servers so that our heroes couldn't kill him. Very crafty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

well if you are bored you can log onto the US server and create a new character I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Jonny7 wrote: »
    well if you are bored you can log onto the US server and create a new character I suppose

I started on US. I guess my account is set up as a US account because it defaulted to that.

Ohh well, right now it works out for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This is just ridiculous. My opinion of D3 grows worse each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Arrrrgh, i was hoping to push to 60 today, plus im back in work tomorrow :( Guess ill play stupid Tera......stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I NEED MY FIX!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i have been playing the starter edition of this and am enjoying it but i think il wait for a price drop and for all these bugs to be fixed before i commit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Someone must have hit the servers with a SLOW TIME spell ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I was very pissed off at not being able to play this weekend because I had no internet connection. Now I finally get the time aside to play and the servers are down :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has anyone been able to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lol after a week of diablo only it was so fucjed up to play bf3 lol. the whole feel was out of place! though my mouse skills are better then ever :D first game 37 kills 10 death :D. fecking accuracy is damn amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

It sucks that the servers are down, I was playing this game all day yesterday got from lvl 18 to 34 was pretty happy with that. Any word when the servers will be back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

back to men of war for a bit then ;s

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played the starter edition and it's fun but I'm not paying 60 euro for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Vicxas wrote: »
    Played the starter edition and it's fun but I'm not paying 60 euro for it

969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Right now would have been a perfect time to release torchlight 2 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

brought my son to football,came back thinking diablo would of been downloaded and ready to go and the poxy servers are down!

Blizzard ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I finished D3 on normal earlier today with Kirby.
    So far the game is 10/10 from me, its just what id hoped for.
    Im looking forward to getting stuck into harder difficulties,leveling up crafting, more loot etc etc.
    Ive been juggling my game time between D3 and Tera so this downtime doesnt bother me at all as im loving Tera just as much so its been a Tera Sunday for me today :D , well until the wife n kids demanded attention :P
    Im looking forward to Torchlight 2,Path of Exile and Grim Dawn for more dungeon crawling shinanigans :)

Meanwhile Diablo3 and Tera are more than enough, then theres GW2 incoming,i also want to get stuck into that Dayz mod for ARMA.

Sorry to side track there but isnt it great to be a PC gamer :)

Advertisement