Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

Can someone advise, I have never played any of the Diablo games. Starting my first game on Diablo 3 now. Most fun character? And also can someone play coop with meh?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Hey, thinking of buying this to eat up some of my new found free time but haven't played any of the previous games so not willing to part with 60 notes for a game I might not even like. Has anyone a pass for the free trial that they wouldn't mind pm'ing me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

servers are back but lag makes it unplayable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

im suffering no lag at all..could just be lluck though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

The lagg is terrible i cant do a thing either, bleh. Fecking online gonna have to start looking for a offline crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

FullRetard wrote: »
    im suffering no lag at all..could just be lluck though

It must be because I've had no lag at all and got back in straight away at 9pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I had to stop playing as the lag was so bad. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had no lag, but had to go to bed!!!!! No!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just played the pony level. I lol'd :)

Limericks wrote: »
    Just played the pony level. I lol'd :)

Did you?! managed to get all mats?

• Advertisement

Did you?! managed to get all mats?

yep it was easy to get the mats bar the gemstone, that was a bitch :(

Limericks wrote: »
    yep it was easy to get the mats bar the gemstone, that was a bitch :(

I had found mushroom alright. Then you buy plans for staff from act 4, but I have no idea where to get the rest. I don't even have the plan to make it thought :( my buddy got it.

I had found mushroom alright. Then you buy plans for staff from act 4, but I have no idea where to get the rest. I don't even have the plan to make it thought :( my buddy got it.

Here is a guide to find the mats: link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I've got no lag on the European servers. I still haven't managed to get a clear run at it, I'm very behind the rest of ye! I died three times in the highlands with the Goatmen, so pissed off about it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dorgasm wrote: »
    I've got no lag on the European servers. I still haven't managed to get a clear run at it, I'm very behind the rest of ye! I died three times in the highlands with the Goatmen, so pissed off about it!

ha! me too,I'm just after killing the butcher,died once :/

How far on is the Butcher? I think I'm in the cellars now, just after the manor. Don't have it on right now due to mouse batteries dying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm not much further on. Have only played about an hour of Act II. Checked my stats just before I started and it took me 8 hours to clear Act I! That's with every inch of the maps searched and all of the conversations listened to.

Just to add, thankfully didn't experience any lag this evening either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dorgasm wrote: »
    How far on is the Butcher? I think I'm in the cellars now, just after the manor. Don't have it on right now due to mouse batteries dying :(

ya your close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

In Hell Act2 in the Desolate sands. Game is simply unfair. Im not one to give in to challenging games, love Demon Souls, Dark Souls, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, all that those kinda brutally challenging games but Diablo has broken my will.

Playing a Witch Doctor and thrash mobs are so easy to clear. One application of Locust Swarm deals with them handy enough. But blue groups and up its impossible to kill them without dying. The only rare groups i have yet to die on are ranged ones since i can dance around their ranged attacks. Any melee ones just murder me.

Considering to make a Monk or Wizard as they seem to have the best survivability of all the classes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In Hell Act2 in the Desolate sands. Game is simply unfair. Im not one to give in to challenging games, love Demon Souls, Dark Souls, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, all that those kinda brutally challenging games but Diablo has broken my will.

Playing a Witch Doctor and thrash mobs are so easy to clear. One application of Locust Swarm deals with them handy enough. But blue groups and up its impossible to kill them without dying. The only rare groups i have yet to die on are ranged ones since i can dance around their ranged attacks. Any melee ones just murder me.

Considering to make a Monk or Wizard as they seem to have the best survivability of all the classes

Some mixes of monsters are simply unkillable.

One particular mix is something like Shielding - Jailer - Corruption

So they're intermittently invincible, they can trap you at will and they can kill you when you're trapped by sticking the corruption spell under your feet.

Either avoid them or draw them away from where you need to go, die and then once they're out of the way carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Don't roll wizard... trust me, you're arse will bleed for days ! I thought warriors were best for solo'ing, they seem to beable to take an awful lot of hits anyway.

Honestly, i can't see how this game is possible in hardcore... i guess you'd have to just keep re-doing the last few acts in nightmare until your 60 and then pop on some insane gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Why is the templars damage so muck? at level 32 now and he is hitting for 10-11, Iv thrown him some rares with str on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gbear wrote: »
    Some mixes of monsters are simply unkillable.

One particular mix is something like Shielding - Jailer - Corruption.

is there a wiki somewhere that explains these words under the rare monsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

ShaneU wrote: »
    is there a wiki somewhere that explains these words under the rare monsters?

Here you go - http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Traits_%28Diablo_III%29

ya your close

Ah yeah I was only a tiny bit away, pretty easy with diamond skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

grizzly wrote: »
    Can you view your ping somewhere?

To the right of your skill bar when playing. Green (hopefully) vertical bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Magill wrote: »
    Don't roll wizard... trust me, you're arse will bleed for days ! I thought warriors were best for solo'ing, they seem to beable to take an awful lot of hits anyway.

Honestly, i can't see how this game is possible in hardcore... i guess you'd have to just keep re-doing the last few acts in nightmare until your 60 and then pop on some insane gear.

A wizard can solo Diablo on Inferno...

It's just that most people play purely offensively and forget about defensive building/skill'ing.

Saying that, some blue monster packs are really really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

It's just that most people play purely offensively and forget about defensive building/skill'ing.

Yeah im not really talking about bosses, I've not really had any problems so far with any of the bosses (Butcher on hell took about 4 or 5 attempts, mainly due to me failing). He was talking about the blue packs, which like i said, smash wizards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i believe that WD is a very fun class but it is probably the weakest class of all. the bottom line alot people been saying solo inferno with WD is just impossible.

i had 6k dps and 13k hp just finished belial hell and i have to say that normal mobs are fine i almost always 2/3 shots them but some elite mobs are just designed fail. (now i am lvl57 with 7k dps and 15k hp)

molten+mortar+jailer = lol??

invunerable+shield or plague+desecrater are fcking jokes too!
    the solution?? get a monk/barb team up or just lure them to corner and ghost walk (run!!!) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No he can't. One lad did it after 100 deaths on diablo with a clever but gimmicky Force Armor build. Thats going to be patched fairly quickly.

On inferno, Wizard actually has pretty poor survivability. Everything one shots you regardless of gear and the only playstyle is kiting. You have to keep teleporting and dropping hyrdas and run around the map. Barbarians and monks can actually engage. If you want survivability, go with them.

Advertisement