Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am now a lvl 45 wiz and I had to totally change the skillz setup and play differently now then normal. In NM you really need to get some tactics and think about the skillz and passive abilities. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im finding nightmare okay so far on my 39 Wizard. I'm about halfway through act 2 and have only died a couple of times. I'm using Shock Pulse, Arcane Orb, Arcane Hydra, Diamond Skin, Frost Nova, and Magic weapon.

Haven't found the need to change yet but I did swap out familiar for Frost Nova. I didn't need to at the moment but I figure it will eventually become risky to purely rely on Diamond Skin to keep me alive so I may aswell drop familiar now and get used to it. I lose damage but the extra survivability is nice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bcXRYS!YcX!baaaaZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Magill wrote: »
    Don't roll wizard... trust me, you're arse will bleed for days ! I thought warriors were best for solo'ing, they seem to beable to take an awful lot of hits anyway.

Honestly, i can't see how this game is possible in hardcore... i guess you'd have to just keep re-doing the last few acts in nightmare until your 60 and then pop on some insane gear.

I'm on Act2 Hell now on my Monk and i'm finding it fine so far but I had to heavily change my build for Hell. Some champion packs can be tough but they are all do-able. I now have no offensive abilities at all, everything I use is for defensive / healing purposes. DPS is not great, I have about 5k but it's just auto attack damage so it can be slow!

Have a wizard friend however and when we team up it's a completely different story, he has insane DPS and rips through everything. So I group em up and he takes em down. Very fun, can't wait to try Inferno!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well unfortunately had some PC issues , typical, book time off to play this and pc breaks, the gods telling me to grow up!

I actually got a new motherboard and SSD and turns out the MB was DOA, just took three days to arrive to that conclusion.

I did get some playtime on release day and a little bit here and there.

Cleared normal with a party ( bastards all got to 60 working on inferno while my pc was down :( ) and I also got a Barb up to 20

Thoroughly enjoyable game, more so in a party where the game is more challenging and more fun.

Working my way through nightmare at the moment.

So far its been extremely enjoyable, and cant wait to keep on playing and exploring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

anyone got a spare guest pass, want to see if i can get my friend hooked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Kirby wrote: »
    No he can't. One lad did it after 100 deaths on diablo with a clever but gimmicky Force Armor build. Thats going to be patched fairly quickly.

On inferno, Wizard actually has pretty poor survivability. Everything one shots you regardless of gear and the only playstyle is kiting. You have to keep teleporting and dropping hyrdas and run around the map. Barbarians and monks can actually engage. If you want survivability, go with them.

There's a loadout to use that makes it very difficult to be one shotted. I'm not high enough of a level yet to try but if you run Energy Armour with the Force Armour rune and the Galvanising Ward passive skill then you can have Energy Armour active for 240 seconds (increases armour by 65% for double time due to Galvanising Ward), the Force Armour rune makes any attack that deals >35% of max life only deal 35% of max life and Galvanising Ward allows you to regain 310hp per second while you have Energy Armour active. This looks to be an excellent way to stay alive as a Wizard.

The only downside is that Energy Armour takes off 20 from your maximum Arcane power but to counter this, activate Astral Presence as a passive skill too to get the 20 Arcane power back. Hope this helps somebody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kirby wrote: »
    Im finding nightmare okay so far on my 39 Wizard. I'm about halfway through act 2 and have only died a couple of times. I'm using Shock Pulse, Arcane Orb, Arcane Hydra, Diamond Skin, Frost Nova, and Magic weapon.

Haven't found the need to change yet but I did swap out familiar for Frost Nova. I didn't need to at the moment but I figure it will eventually become risky to purely rely on Diamond Skin to keep me alive so I may aswell drop familiar now and get used to it. I lose damage but the extra survivability is nice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bcXRYS!YcX!baaaaZ

Aye nightmare is pretty easy, diamond skin is really quite weak in hell mode tho. Mirror image seems to be the best defensive skill in hell for me, actually gives you a few seconds against those packs to put some distance and continue with the kiting.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    I'm on Act2 Hell now on my Monk and i'm finding it fine so far but I had to heavily change my build for Hell. Some champion packs can be tough but they are all do-able. I now have no offensive abilities at all, everything I use is for defensive / healing purposes. DPS is not great, I have about 5k but it's just auto attack damage so it can be slow!

Have a wizard friend however and when we team up it's a completely different story, he has insane DPS and rips through everything. So I group em up and he takes em down. Very fun, can't wait to try Inferno!!

Does seem to be the best way to do it, tank and dps. I've heard monks and barbs are the best solo classes so im not suprised you can at least engage (Would be pretty harsh if you couldn't tbh :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

dorgasm wrote: »
    There's a loadout to use that makes it very difficult to be one shotted. I'm not high enough of a level yet to try but if you run Energy Armour with the Force Armour rune and the Galvanising Ward passive skill then you can have Energy Armour active for 240 seconds (increases armour by 65% for double time due to Galvanising Ward), the Force Armour rune makes any attack that deals >35% of max life only deal 35% of max life and Galvanising Ward allows you to regain 310hp per second while you have Energy Armour active. This looks to be an excellent way to stay alive as a Wizard.

The only downside is that Energy Armour takes off 20 from your maximum Arcane power but to counter this, activate Astral Presence as a passive skill too to get the 20 Arcane power back. Hope this helps somebody :)

Think thats the gimmick hes talking about. I'm using this setup, but its still not really that useful against packs. It does make the bosses very doable tho, im thinking of just grinding out till 60 and then skipping past all the trash and going straight for bosses. With it the less HP you have the better i think as you'll regen it almost instantaneously if you have enough regen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Think thats the gimmick hes talking about. I'm using this setup, but its still not really that useful against packs. It does make the bosses very doable tho, im thinking of just grinding out till 60 and then skipping past all the trash and going straight for bosses. With it the less HP you have the better i think as you'll regen it almost instantaneously if you have enough regen.

The first dude to do Diablo on inferno was a Wizard with only 7k HP using this setup. Given with 7k HP on inferno everything would one shot you he can only take 35% of max life dmg off anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am at 59.5 near the end of Act 3 on Hell. Monk's dont seem to be as OP as some classes and it can be tough at times.

I am running with FoT + Quickening, Swirling Winds, and MoH Spammage.

32k HP and about 4400 dps.

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    Inquitus wrote: »
    The first dude to do Diablo on inferno was a Wizard with only 7k HP using this setup. Given with 7k HP on inferno everything would one shot you he can only take 35% of max life dmg off anyone.

Aye we have been discussing that for a few pages and while it works to some extent, there is no way blizzard will leave it alone. A patch for that tweaking it along the lines of "Can only occur once every 12 seconds" is no doubt incoming so I wouldn't base an entire build around it. Just like the Monk's Serenity nerf.....I expect to see a force armor nerf shortly.

aah yeah that would make sense, only skimmed the top line :o

I'm still on normal mode so I don't know what the set up is like from experience. Just doing some research and see that lot's of people have success with it. It does seem quite clever though.

@Kirby Out of interest, why would you reckon that build will be patched?

EDIT: just saw your above post. Won't be planning that as my future build in that case.

Up to level 43 now near the end of act 3 Nightmare. The bump in XP gain in nightmare is fairly large. I was 35 this morning.

Did a session with Wondaboy. We tore that place up :p. There was one elite though with ultra fast movement speed that killed us several times. mad hard to kill. Had to just keep using Teleport with Reversal rune to keep him confused and running back and forth.

I've only done one co-op with three strangers on a US server. Laggy as hell and unplayable. Must pull the finger out and add a few from the player list on here!

What sort of XP are you getting for kills and massacres in nightmare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Was able to log in yesterday around 9pm no problems. Was pretty cool playing it, just playing the starter edition. I really want to support Diablo, but I don't want to support this single-player online-dependent B.S. and money's the thing Blizzard will listen to. I wonder how I could do both lol.

I only bought a gaming PC back in February; otherwise I haven't played a PC game since the turn of the century lol. Is this kind of "online isn't working great" a regular thing for PC gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Was able to log in yesterday around 9pm no problems. Was pretty cool playing it, just playing the starter edition. I really want to support Diablo, but I don't want to support this single-player online-dependent B.S. and money's the thing Blizzard will listen to. I wonder how I could do both lol.

I only bought a gaming PC back in February; otherwise I haven't played a PC game since the turn of the century lol. Is this kind of "online isn't working great" a regular thing for PC gamers?

I'm assuming it has something to do with editing game files and gaining access to items/abilities that are impossible with the always-on connection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Diablo Disaster.

Bought it yesterday through digital download disaster. Took quick enough which was fine but when I got to 41% of installation it kept asking me for the product key which automatically activates on your account management since I bought it digitally. This happened 3 times(all at 41%) so just decided to start from scratch. 3hours later I eventually get to login to the game and play... but kept getting Error 3007 so after a google and taking more time trying to solve this I forward my ports. Then get to login and then kept getting Error 37. Eurpean Servers down. FFS.

Lucky my mate todl me I could play on American servers so I could paly the game. I got about an hours play in. My enthusiasm was killed with all the errors and bugs. Will give it another hour or so later this evening if the European servers are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i believe that WD is a very fun class but it is probably the weakest class of all. the bottom line alot people been saying solo inferno with WD is just impossible.

i had 6k dps and 13k hp just finished belial hell and i have to say that normal mobs are fine i almost always 2/3 shots them but some elite mobs are just designed fail. (now i am lvl57 with 7k dps and 15k hp)

molten+mortar+jailer = lol??

invunerable+shield or plague+desecrater are fcking jokes too!
    the solution?? get a monk/barb team up or just lure them to corner and ghost walk (run!!!) lol

What build are you running in Hell? I have tried out so many builds its unreal. Even if my DPS would drop by large amounts but i just get to survive rare packs ill be happy. I even tried out a build with nothing but CC abilities and Poison Dart, hah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Quick question guys, is Act 4 long? I ask, as I've sort of ruined my experience at present. I started to co-op with my bro, I was on Act 3 at the time, who was behind me. Did the end of Act 2 and most of Act 3 again with him. But the problem is I'm now level 31 (playing casually these days) and am literally just face-rolling everything. I realise, the difficulty will probably go up in Nightmare, but at present its beyond a joke. I really dont want to be something stupid like lvl 35 by the end....

Playing a Wizard, really enjoying it at present. Archon is ridiculously good fun too.

Oh, one other thing, is it possible to search for +damage modifiers on the Auction House?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just got my first legendary item after about 30 hours of play.

Magefist.

What have they done to you?
    They were brilliant sorc or necro light gauntlets in D2 but now they're really fairly ****e.
    Disappointing but not unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got them too, sold them, seems to be loads on AH, and they have same if not worse stats than a lot of rares

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Seems to have been loads of people losing items/gold/characters over the last few days. Looks like some kind of hack judging by the forums. Hope nobody loses out on this.

If you haven't already, install the authenticator app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Just finished Normal difficulty last night as a Barb, played along with a monk was very very easy. Steamed through it very easily. Been reading that Barb is very under powered in the higher difficulties, hopefully its not true though.

Has anyone noticed anything weird with loot. I.e. on my Barb I would say 70% or more of the loot that I get is for the DH and the Monk I play with gets a lot of loot for me.

I know your not meant to get loot for you dropping all the time, but the % of lot I get for the DH seems absurd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gbear wrote: »
    Just got my first legendary item after about 30 hours of play.

Magefist.

What have they done to you?
    They were brilliant sorc or necro light gauntlets in D2 but now they're really fairly ****e.
    Disappointing but not unexpected.

Lads regarding legendaries and uniques. They will be the best items in the game but only when people start finding them with the right stats.

Legendaries don't have set stats and afflixes this time and like everything else the stats are randomly generated but they will have higher base stats than magic or rares of the same level. When people start finding legendaries with the right afflixes and high end stats they will be better than rares of similar quality.

Rares look much better at the moment due to the amount of them available. I predict in two or three months you will see legendaries with excellent stats being found that will be the go to items!!

Can't say I've noticed that about the DH. I find stuff occasionally for other heroes but it's nearly ALWAYS for WD. Pretty sure it's just chance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lads regarding legendaries and uniques. They will be the best items in the game but only when people start finding them with the right stats.

Legendaries don't have set stats and afflixes this time and like everything else the stats are randomly generated but they will have higher base stats than magic or rares of the same level. When people start finding legendaries with the right afflixes and high end stats they will be better than rares of similar quality.

Rares look much better at the moment due to the amount of them available. I predict in two or three months you will see legendaries with excellent stats being found that will be the go to items!!

I don't see how unless they patch them to make them better and/or make them appear more often.

It isn't any one problem with loot - it's a few things happening simultaneously.

Legendaries are too rare, too underpowered and too generic to be truly valuable. You might find a legendary sword in D2 (the rapier one was particularly awesome I seem to remember) but there'd be no guarantee it would be useful - that was fine because you found 2-3 legendaries per act.
    If it did suit your character, 9/10 it would be better than what you already had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Anyone wrote: »
    Seems to have been loads of people losing items/gold/characters over the last few days. Looks like some kind of hack judging by the forums. Hope nobody loses out on this.

If you haven't already, install the authenticator app on your phone.

And set it to require authentication each login attempt.

It is actually just the one or two people that seem to be doing it as they are the only names I see appear on the threads, Yet a US thread has already been maxed so it is pretty widespread.

suspicioushacker.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

authenticator + error 37 = heartache :)

mostly cleared up at this stage though, so I must turn it back on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I shouldn't have to hope my legendary is perfect just to beat a crappy rare or magic item I got 5 levels ago, That is a broken system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

47h played. lvl 57 and still not a single legendary...

Advertisement